A129 Pro Duo doesn't turn back on automatically after parking mode time limit (HK3)

sadly i dont have this model so i would be able to simulate your issue, not that i dont believe you but more for verification if it is a endemic issue or a one off in your "favor"
It is for sure something viofo should look into, cuz if people drive around with a camera not filming, that violate the #1 feature of a dashcam as it must be filming all driving.

I am using Viofo a129 pro duo with the hardware kit in 2021 RAV4 Prime. When I turn off the car, dashcam switches to parking mode. The issue I see is it turns off after in just 30 - 40 minutes. Here are my settings.

Time-lapse Recording: Off
Loop Recording: 1 min
G-Sensor: High sensitivity
Nitrate: High
Boot Delay: Off
Parking Mode: Low Bitrate Recording
Parking Mode Timer: 8 hours
Parking G-sensor: High sensitivity
Enter Parking Mode Timer: Off
Parking Motion Detection: Medium

I am using PNY Elite-X 256GB card

App Version: 59
Firmware: A129Pro.V2.4.20210521

HK3 Hardware kit's cut off voltage is set to 12.4v Is it save to set it to 12v or 12.2 volts? Is this the reason for the dashcam to turn off in 30 minutes? Could it be using lot of power in parking mode?

What could be the reason, for the dashcam to turn off in just 30 - 40 mins. I leave the car in parking and by the time I come back from shopping, I see its not running.

Should I try a different firmware version?

Thanks

I am using Viofo a129 pro duo with the hardware kit in 2021 RAV4 Prime. When I turn off the car, dashcam switches to parking mode. The issue I see is it turns off after in just 30 - 40 minutes. Here are my settings.

Time-lapse Recording: Off
Loop Recording: 1 min
G-Sensor: High sensitivity
Nitrate: High
Boot Delay: Off
Parking Mode: Low Bitrate Recording
Parking Mode Timer: 8 hours
Parking G-sensor: High sensitivity
Enter Parking Mode Timer: Off
Parking Motion Detection: Medium

I am using PNY Elite-X 256GB card

App Version: 59
Firmware: A129Pro.V2.4.20210521

HK3 Hardware kit's cut off voltage is set to 12.4v Is it save to set it to 12v or 12.2 volts? Is this the reason for the dashcam to turn off in 30 minutes? Could it be using lot of power in parking mode?

What could be the reason, for the dashcam to turn off in just 30 - 40 mins. I leave the car in parking and by the time I come back from shopping, I see its not running.

Should I try a different firmware version?

Thanks
Yes, it’s likely shutting off due to the 12.4V setting. Set it to 12.2V and see how long it stays on.

Back