A129 Pro Duo Parking Mode Issues

punkstoner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an A129 Pro Duo, with V2.2 firmware installed.

The camera goes into parking mode when I switch off the ignition (correctly)
The camera will correctly come out of parking mode when I switch on the ignition.

• The camera will stay then stay in parking mode, sometimes for half an hour or so, and sometimes for 2 or 3 hours.
  • The camera will then come out of parking mode and into driving mode for a while before re-entering parking mode. This behavior repeats.
Obviously this is using card space, and more power. Due to the camera coming out of parking mode on its own, the parking mode timer is not working, so when set for 12 hours, the camera is still running after 15+ so I risk a flat battery.

Parking mode is set to Low Bitrate, however, the issue also occurs when using time-lapse recording.

I have installed V2.2 firmware, and reset the device using the menu, as the reset button has no effect whatsoever (not sure if broken)

• The rear camera is connected and this behavior occurs both when connected to the GPS mount, and not connected to the GPS mount so I have ruled this out as a cause.
  • I've ruled out an issue with the rear camera because the behavior occurs when the rear camera is not connected.

Full settings are :

resolution : 2560x1440 30fps
bitrate : high
Loop : 3 mins
WDR : off
Exposure : 0.0
Parking g-sensor : high
Parking motion : low
time lapse : off
Motion detection : off
GPS : on
G-sensor : medium
Record Audio : on
Boot delay : off (fault occurs with 5 sec delay on also)

Is it the camera, my car or the hardwire kit? Any Ideas?

Many thanks,

Have you done the hardwiring properly..? Another thing, just guessing but A129Pro seems quite picky about ID pin (the one in USB connector which is used for ACC indication), not to mention that there are some faulty HK3s as well (dates quite a long time back from the launch of A129Pro to the present). Could be one of these.

Last edited:
Have you done the hardwiring properly..? Just guessing but A129Pro seems quite picky about ID pin (the one in USB connector which is used for ACC indication), not to mention that there are some faulty HK3s as well (dates quite a long time back from the launch of A129Pro to the present). Could be one of these.
Hard wire is done correctly. Cam enters parking mode with ignition off, and driving mode with ignition on. I've used empty fuse slots as suggested on the forums for my particular car model. I had thought about if the kit was at fault though, but I was far from sure because the behaviour of randomly coming out of parking mode and going back into it seems very strange. The kit is perfect, even when driving over rough british roads for a couple of hours. It only plays up when parked.

Is it possible that the fuse for the yellow wire is becoming energized at some points while the car is off? Maybe try another fuse for the yellow wire?
Common problem in later model vehicles that use Canbus, circuits can wake up intermittently

Further update on this.

Last night I left the camera connected, but switched off.

The camera did not switch on until this morning when I started the ignition. This indicates the circuit is not becoming live.

The camera hopped in and out of parking mode itself this afternoon during a two hour stop.

Therefore the camera itself, or the hardwire kit is faulty.

Concerning the reset button as mentioned above, is this meant to be totally inoperative in software version 2.2??

Getting close to the point of returning this now.

Back