A129 Pro Duo - Rear cam - Long cable freezes

ydgr

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have A129 Pro Duo + IR rear camera.

The short cable works perfectly with the rear camera and it instantly shows the rear video in Picture-in-Picture.

If I use the long cable, it does not show the rear video + it freezes the device. I have to restart it.

What can be the problem here?

You should not use it coiled up... see if it works if you uncoil it...

I have sent the cable to them and they have returned it to me saying that it passed the tests.. I talked with them again and they wanted me to rip everything from the card (including front cam and its base + front power cable + rear cam + rear cable) and send them...

You should not use it coiled up... see if it works if you uncoil it...
It did not work uncoiled; it was straight, following the skeleton of the car to the rear window at first. This is my second try, after sending it back to where I purchased it and getting it back without any changes to the cable (they said it works correctly...).

It did not work uncoiled; it was straight, following the skeleton of the car to the rear window at first. This is my second try, after sending it back to where I purchased it and getting it back without any changes to the cable (they said it works correctly...).
That wasn't very helpful! They could have sent you a different cable back.

You could try:
  • Using it plugged in backwards.
  • Fittting a ferrite choke near one end of the cable.
I don't have much hope for either of those, but there must be a reason, and if they have tested it then it is not simply that it is a broken cable.

Also, you could try using a different power source for the front camera, might tell us if it is a voltage problem, and then maybe you could just send the power cable/adaptor back.

What power source are you using? Most people using the long power cable are probably using the HK3 hardwire kit...

You could try:
  • Using it plugged in backwards.
The straight end goes to the rear camera, the angled end to the front camera.

Back