A129 pro duo stuck in parking mode even when driving.

hakuna

Reaction score
Country
United States
This issue is only happening when I turn on the parking mode (at 10 fps). It is recording for 2 hours and shutting down so a lot of missing parking mode footage. Then when I turn on the car, it constantly beeps, so I just pressed the record button to stop the beeping. Then I drove for 30 minutes and it recorded it like a time-lapse without any audio and the files are labeled Parking Forward (PF) and PR for regular driving. And some beeps while driving.

What firmware version is it on?

What memory card are you using?

How are you powering the camera?

It's on the latest firmware - v1.3
I am using the Samsung EVO memory card.
The camera is wired to the battery. I had it installed.

Wired to the battery how? With the Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit?

Does the issue go away if you choose a different parking mode?

Yes using the Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit. I haven't tried other parking modes. Which one should I try? Timelapse? The issue goes away when I don't use parking mode at all. I think 10 fps is recording at full resolution and the battery power is cutting off in 2 hours. What's strange though is that when I start the car, it continues to record in parking mode with no audio.

There was a firmware version that had an issue with Time Lapse Parking Mode, but I don't recall which version or camera it was (A129 or A129 Pro). Try using Low Bitrate Parking Mode.

The hardwire kit cutting power to the camera after 2 hours is probably a low battery issue. Maybe try setting the cutoff lower?

There was a firmware version that had an issue with Time Lapse Parking Mode, but I don't recall which version or camera it was (A129 or A129 Pro). Try using Low Bitrate Parking Mode.

The hardwire kit cutting power to the camera after 2 hours is probably a low battery issue. Maybe try setting the cutoff lower?

I understand that the hardwire kit is cutting power off to camera after 2 hours because the battery is being drained but why is the camera continue to record in parking while when start the car/alternator is running ? The cutoff is 11.8 v

Last edited:
There is a bug for timelapse recording, please try this latest firmware for A129 Pro.

There is a bug for timelapse recording, please try this latest firmware for A129 Pro.

How to install this ? Put it in sd card ? Why does the VIOFO app say that I am on the latest firmware v1.3 ? The file you provided is an upgrade to 1.3 ?

copy the file to the empty memory card, put it in the camera and power on, camera will do the rest

copy the file to the empty memory card, put it in the camera and power on, camera will do the rest

It's been a while since I've updated mine. Remind me, does card have to be Fat32 or am I thinking of something else?

With the new v2 firmware, the camera is not cutting off after 2 hours. It is recording for 20 hours in 10fps timelapse. There is a parking mode timer which I am not sure was there before. Although strange this that there is another folder called RO where some files from the parking mode are present that aren't in the main Movie directory.

RO is read only and is where protected files go either by button press or G sensor.

Back