A129 Pro Duo

canibusfan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased this dashcam. Does it even need a external battery like Cellink NEO? I do plan on using parking mode sometimes

You can get the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit for parking mode use, it will run off the car battery and turn off if the battery gets low. If you will only sometimes use parking mode then there is little point getting a seperate battery.

Thanks for the quick response.

Thats what I figured. I just ordered the wiring kit today.

It doesn't come with any fuses. You need one for battery or fixed 12 volt supply.

Also, if you use the fuse box, a fuse tap, in my case I needed micro 2, would be a good idea. I thought it came with it, but no.

They also sell fuse tap kit, but only provides 1 of each of 4 types of fuse tap (as per picture). If you have an always on fuse connection, you need a fuse tap. You need two at least and may vary with type you need.

One for constant power and one for accessory power. Best to keep it isolated even if it has it own fuse already. It may be too high, like 20 amp, where 5 amp is adequate.

You may need shrink wrap and solder the items, which will make it water resistant and connectors can loosen or act up intermittent. Especially if on rough roads, dirt road with a truck like mine.

It delayed my installation for park mode... I had to order from amazon and cheaper than there incomplete kit....

Attachments

• 412UVa4MlgL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY300_SX300_.jpg
    412UVa4MlgL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY300_SX300_.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 41Um3zY2SQL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY300_SX300_.jpg
    41Um3zY2SQL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY300_SX300_.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 8
It doesn't come with any fuses. You need one for battery or fixed 12 volt supply.

Also, if you use the fuse box, a fuse tap, in my case I needed micro 2, would be a good idea. I thought it came with it, but no.

They also sell fuse tap kit, but only provides 1 of each of 4 types of fuse tap (as per picture). If you have an always on fuse connection, you need a fuse tap. You need two at least and may vary with type you need.

One for constant power and one for accessory power. Best to keep it isolated even if it has it own fuse already. It may be too high, like 20 amp, where 5 amp is adequate.

You may need shrink wrap and solder the items, which will make it water resistant and connectors can loosen or act up intermittent. Especially if on rough roads, dirt road with a truck like mine.

It delayed my installation for park mode... I had to order from amazon and cheaper than there incomplete kit....
This will depend on where and who the kit is ordered from. We offer just the HK3 kit and the HK3 kit with fuse taps and 5A fuses. Available on Amazon, eBay and our website.

Sorry for confusion, as someone don't know what's the specific fuse tap needed for the car when place order, so 4PCS Circuit Fuse Tap ATC ATS MICRO2 MINI Adapter Holder in full set for spare usage.
We also have the bundled listing for HK3 ACC Hardwire kit and each 2PCS Fuse Tap:

View attachment 50943

I ordered both of VIOFO kit, no fuse tap of any sort in 3 wire HK3 kit from your Canadian store. I order VIOFO 4pc circuit fuse tap through Amazon and yes 4 pcs, however I needed two micro 2 fuse tap, it came with only 1.

After ordering it, talking to your Canadian store, he advise that I needed to order two packages of your 4 pc circuit fuse tap kit, it came with 1 each type only. Too late, so did what I did and made an order for what was missing from a third party from amazon.

Didn't have it, in the meantime, I put inline fuse and connected one line to the battery and the 1 micro tap to the fuse box (Accessory), as there was only 1 . I order a set of 4 micro 2 from a third party supplier. The intent was to use the fuse box to provide the power, one alway on and one shuts off with vehicle turn off.

This is the fact and I didn't want anyone to run into the same situation. So, I gave a head up on this forum to those who are thinking to install parking kit and what they may likely need.

Even your link, picture of your 3 wire kit, doesn't show any fuse taps. You may need to update your advertisement, as it never came with any from your Canadian VIOFO store. A complete kit that covers as many possible connection, it should come with 8 pcs, 2 of each.

One could connect to a power source without a fuse and depend on the fuse of the circuit one used. Not a good idea, fuse may be too large or critical/inconvenient failure at the wrong time.

If I make a mistake or gave misinformation. I always own it.

Last edited:
Thanks for response and regret for the inconvenience caused, the image of fuse taps show up when fuse type options selected. We will improve the product description to make it clearer.

I just find out what fuses are in my car ( mostly regular ATO but also a few of the larger maxi ones ) and then go to the local car shop and buy the piggy back fuses in the size i need.
I think there are a place online where you can look up the type of fuses your car need, and it are probably in the manual for the car too, so with a little diligence you don't have to buy fuses you don't need.

I do lots of servicing, so I look for bargain prices and bulk. When it comes to accessories and installation materials, always cheaper to buy from third party. Don't forget shrink wrap and soldering kit if you don't have one.

I find crimping after time seems to act up. Shrink wrapping crimp connectors helps keep out liquids, but soldering is even better, if possible.

I check the local Canadian Tire stores and I refused to buy it, overpriced, since I wasn't in a hurry, nor emergency or essential. So, I ordered online and for same price got more.

I do lots of servicing, so I look for bargain prices and bulk. When it comes to accessories and installation materials, always cheaper to buy from third party. Don't forget shrink wrap and soldering kit if you don't have one.

I find crimping after time seems to act up. Shrink wrapping crimp connectors helps keep out liquids, but soldering is even better, if possible.

I check the local Canadian Tire stores and I refused to buy it, overpriced, since I wasn't in a hurry, nor emergency or essential. So, I ordered online and for same price got more.

My Yukon XL Denali (new body style) has 3+ types of blade fuses. It's aggravating, but you can find many that work for each size.

For the install, I use these with a heat gun. Really amazing actually! You just slide one on, twist the wires and then the low temp solder melts into them while the high temp heat shrink makes it tight. I have been using them for a while for marine applications since they are watertight and fast. Nobody wants to be soldering in 90 degrees F (or in 10 degrees F).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07JJ6YYKL
71l8Al9ZF7L._SL1200_.jpg

Yup, I did see those and may good for many. I'am equip with the other stuff, so decide to stay with it. Heat not problem here.... As an electrician, I use heat gun for piping bends and stuff like that.

Back