A129 Pro firmware V1.3

SOB2130

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a new A129 PRO from Amazon USA VIFOFO store with Firmware V1.3, Unfurtanly I decided to return it because of the Double beeps, tried to flash the Firmware with V1.1 did not help At all. my question is where can I find original V1.3.

If you wait a while, then there will be a major firmware update, and that is the one you want. I don't think you will gain much from going back to your original, there was not much changed, most people are still using V1.1.

Note that a double beep can be the entry/exit of parking mode, or a slow memory card, or sometimes a poor connection to the rear camera. For a memory card issue, sometimes a regular formatting will keep its speed up.

If you wait a while, then there will be a major firmware update, and that is the one you want. I don't think you will gain much from going back to your original, there was not much changed, most people are still using V1.1.

Note that a double beep can be the entry/exit of parking mode, or a slow memory card, or sometimes a poor connection to the rear camera. For a memory card issue, sometimes a regular formatting will keep its speed up.
I did use a fast SD card as recommended Samsung EVO Plus microSD Memory Card , been formatted on the camera itself . I did order replacement hope it will work better, hope will not come with V1.3.which one is older am confused V1.1.or V1.3!

If you are getting a replacement camera, leave V1.3 on it until the next update arrives. It shouldn't be too long now, but there are still a few things being tidied up, so the actual date is still unknown.

I think most people are finding the Samsung Evo Plus to be fine, but there does seem to be some variation in all card brands, and with the current firmware the camera is a bit sensitive to cards slowing down for whatever reason.

If you are getting a replacement camera, leave V1.3 on it until the next update arrives. It shouldn't be too long now, but there are still a few things being tidied up, so the actual date is still unknown.

I think most people are finding the Samsung Evo Plus to be fine, but there does seem to be some variation in all card brands, and with the current firmware the camera is a bit sensitive to cards slowing down for whatever reason.
Nigel@ Thank you for your astute advice I will be waiting for new firmware then.

Uhhh I flashed the bin on my 129 Pro it says it’s v1.5. Is that not the latest one?

Uhhh I flashed the bin on my 129 Pro it says it’s v1.5. Is that not the latest one?
There is a big update coming, and there are several beta versions about with various changes, some of which work and others that may not.
I'm not sure what v1.5 contains, or if it is a released version or a beta version. I do know it is not the latest. But for now I recommend keeping whatever is on the camera until the full release arrives, unless you like testing beta firmware and accept that it may have bugs or be incomplete. Normally Viofo beta firmware is pretty safe and generally works, but this is a big update with a lot of changes, so a bit of patience is needed.

There is a big update coming, and there are several beta versions about with various changes, some of which work and others that may not.
I'm not sure what v1.5 contains, or if it is a released version or a beta version. I do know it is not the latest. But for now I recommend keeping whatever is on the camera until the full release arrives, unless you like testing beta firmware and accept that it may have bugs or be incomplete. Normally Viofo beta firmware is pretty safe and generally works, but this is a big update with a lot of changes, so a bit of patience is needed.

Any timeline.

6 months ?

3 months ?

I am eager for this update.

Photo 14-04-2020, 11 06 18.jpg

Whats this, new version of the iOS app just released with "adapt to latest A129Pro firmware" in the release notes.

I wonder if another firmware update is now imminent, fingers crossed...

Firmware v1.3 is available for download at viofo.pl website:

However I haven't tested it myself yet.
It works... :) But I did not tested it long term.

View attachment 51269

Whats this, new version of the iOS app just released with "adapt to latest A129Pro firmware" in the release notes.

I wonder if another firmware update is now imminent, fingers crossed...

Havent seen update for android yet.. Strange

Sheesh... I bought 2 A129 Pro Duo's last December... They both suck with the card write issues and beeping. I've tried lots of different cards at this point. I've been hearing the promise of this new firmware since back in December.

Seriously these cameras are absolute junk. If you still can, return it and buy something else.

Doc

Sheesh... I bought 2 A129 Pro Duo's last December... They both suck with the card write issues and beeping. I've tried lots of different cards at this point. I've been hearing the promise of this new firmware since back in December.

Seriously these cameras are absolute junk. If you still can, return it and buy something else.

Doc
My A129 Pro has been working reliably (with only a couple beeps) since last September including through a run of 40c+ days. Version 1.1 firmware. No complaints here on that front.

Mine works pretty good too... Its on v1.1...you can see which card i use... No problems so far

Doc
Are you using any of the parking modes on both of your dashcams?

I agree with Doc. I sold mine. Waiting for a better model from them?

I am happy with mine for the most part. Day time still among the best. Night time, not so much. I have been using the beta 1.7t and looks like the WDR flickering issue at night is being fixed, but after turning that feature on and reviewing the final results, I concluded that this feature is pretty much obsolete as I don't see any improvement to the visibility of darker areas of the picture plane. So from now on I will just turn it off and forget it is there.

Back