Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo, A119S x 2, Zenfox T3

Tractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DCTeam A119 V3 - A119 V2 X 2 - GitUp G3 Duo - Yi DashCam
Hope to see the sun again soon for some new firmware samples.

evad

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S (primary) & few others...
This latest firmware fixed known bugs and optimized IQ, please download from below link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EgO1YM4QwZCNgXZ8a2DgbwXmcO11Dk5J

Please kindly share us your feedback below.
Thanks for sharing this firmware.

Unfortunately this build doesn't improve IQ a lot - especially motion blur at daylight which was my main concern with the initial sample unit I've received lately. As far as the lightning conditions are excellent, the IQ delivered by A129 PRO is super-crisp / near-perfect. It takes a bit of clouds or shadow or higher speeds when motion blur kicks in hard, compared head-to-head to other dashcams...

Attaching a few shots recorded this morning, compared to DR900S for reference. These frames are the best I could grab from A129 PRO in given lightning conditions. Motion blur is still noticeable and seems there's still a room for improvement.

I'm going to set EV -1 and try again to see whether this going to reduce motion blur on reg plates.

Attachments

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius, SG, Viofo
Attaching a few shots recorded this morning, compared to DR900S for reference. These frames are the best I could grab from A129 PRO in given lightning conditions. Motion blur is still noticeable and seems there's still a room for improvement.

I'm going to set EV -1 and try again to see whether this going to reduce motion blur on reg plates.
The DR900S is noticeably darker than the A129 Pro in your comparisons. The shorter exposure time is allowing less motion blur. The exposure metering must be quite different between the two cameras.

I have not felt a need to reduce the EV on my A129 Pro, even though the front of my car is grey whereas yours is white. Is your DR900S set to EV-0?

evad

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dash Cam
The DR900S is noticeably darker than the A129 Pro in your comparisons. The shorter exposure time is allowing less motion blur. The exposure metering must be quite different between the two cameras.

I have not felt a need to reduce the EV on my A129 Pro, even though the front of my car is grey whereas yours is white. Is your DR900S set to EV-0?

Actually my DR900S has front brightness set to 4 which is higher than default 3, and it's still darker than A129 PRO.

I've set A129 PRO's EV to -1 and now going to give it another try.

Attachments

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius, SG, Viofo
Actually my DR900S has front brightness set to 4 which is higher than default 3, and it's still darker than A129 PRO.
Then the metering must be very different. It looks like the DR900S is exposing for the highlights.

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius, SG, Viofo
Comments on Build 20190916
- Rear camera exposure seems good
- Front camera exposure appears to be too high, when cloudy or passing trees. NOTE: I have not done a direct comparison between Build 0916 and a previous FW - I will try that later today.
- Low bitrate parking mode appears very stable - I have tested up to 14 hours between driving with no issues found
- No problems switching between normal and parking modes with HK3 plugged into GPS mount

Last edited:

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius, SG, Viofo
Samples from Build 20190916

These samples show how the exposure changes when driving past some trees. The exposure at the end behind the black car looks perfect.

evad

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dash Cam
Reducing exposure EV to -1 seems to reduce motion blur significantly, although I've recorded this at different time of the day, hence lightning conditions were slightly different compared to the morning shot.

Attachments

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
Reducing exposure EV to -1 seems to reduce motion blur significantly, although I've recorded this at different time of the day, hence lightning conditions were slightly different compared to the morning shot.
It should halve the motion blur, although that does assume that it is done only by reducing exposure time.

Last edited:
Reactions: gse

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
- Rear camera exposure seems good
I'm finding the rear camera exposure takes too much interest in the sky, if it's looking towards the sun then the road is very dark when it shouldn't be. Maybe it would improve if I tilted it down a bit, but I think it should work OK with it as I have it. It is OK when not facing the sun, and maybe a bit bright when under trees (darker top to the image), almost as if the auto exposure is upside down (I have the rear camera mounted the normal way up):

1568845742994.png

1568845840702.png

Reactions: Mtz
OP
viofo

viofo

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
A129 Pro / A129 Duo / A119 V3 / A119S / G1W-S / WR1/
We improved brightness for daylight in low light condition like no sunshine condition in the morning. We will reduce a little for day night.
Different camera has different IQ style, if you check Thinkware U1000 you will find it is more bright, even brighter than A129 PRO.

alexander3133

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
We improved brightness for daylight in low light condition like no sunshine condition in the morning. We will reduce a little for day night.
Different camera has different IQ style, if you check Thinkware U1000 you will find it is more bright, even brighter than A129 PRO.
A129 Pro has different sensor than U1000 right?

evad

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dash Cam
A couple of clips to compare EV setting in A129 PRO at different times of the day. Default exposure setting seems to be much overexposed.

Morning @ EV 0

Morning @ EV -1

Late afternoon @ EV 0

Late afternoon @ EV -1

(EDIT) Additional clip:
Cloudy @ EV -4/3

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
Default exposure setting seems to be much overexposed.
I think the default is about right, if you like it darker then you can change the EV setting, that is what it is for, and you might improve the motion blur by doing so, but you will also lose some detail in the dark areas. I need to be able to see the black bicycle with rider wearing all black that is hidden in the shadows and has no lights to make him visible.

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius, SG, Viofo
With EV set to -2/3, the exposure was still bright enough to see this matt-black Lamborghini Huracan in the shadows on a bright sunny morning

I got a better view with the telephoto lens on my Mobius 1
1568972654813.png