A129 Pro firmware

You need to use the original charger for A129 Pro.

I think V3 had too much sky and because of this the V3 image is darker.
When doing such comparisons put the horizon exactly at the same level to obtain a correct comparison. If not exactly at the same level you are wasting time with editing the video and the result is wrong.
Thanks for your input. I know what you mean, however I'm pretty sure I've positioned all dashcams same way, with horizon in the middle. I'll double check raw clips after the weekend. I'm planning to do the next comparison using the latest 20190924 build anyway.

EDIT:
Double checked raw clips and I must say you were right @Mtz - the horizon line for the A119V3 and A129PRO clips were just a little bit too low. Thanks again for pointing this out, I'll make sure to iron this issue out next time round.

Wysłane z mojego GM1903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
0924 on the unit here shows the same issues in parking mode in FAT32 and H264 using the Integral 256GB U3 card as the Sandisk 400GB card did once full, ie it writes out truncated parking mode files.

It was fine until the card filled so it's something to do with looping, maybe a buffer size somewhere.

I'm not sure what spec the A129 Pro is memory wise - I've seen other Novatek NT96685T based systems with up to 512MB RAM but more for telematics than just dashcam use so they have a lot more going on sending that up to the cloud constantly.

Thinking out loud about it if the camera buffers 45 seconds to RAM so roughly 100MB per 2 channels and it's most likely using what would have previously been available for file cache write buffers potentially for that, so without automatic parking mode it may have no issues as it's happily throwing stuff down to storage with an extra 100MB RAM available for caching purposes to cope better with slower cards or transient slow writes.

Heck caching might even be turned off completely so it's entirely card dependant - only @viofo could answer that.

Something to test for anyway and maybe why people not using pre-buffered mode aren't seeing issues.

I've been over to York today so used the Integral one way to fill it and then swapped back to the Lexar 64GB exFAT card to see how it exFAT testing goes.

I've left the Lexar in the car and will try to fill it tomorrow (won't be hard at 64GB) to see how things are looking on the exFAT card - it never beeped on the way home in an hour tonight with the 64GB exFAT card.

Now I don't know if this is entirely coincidental but the camera has now done the double beep (card error?) at exactly the same spot in my drive twice now on the Integral card. Literally the same spot within meters, it's early in the drive too. 4 minutes in fact from engine on as you can see from the below.

The rear file is larger just as it errors (135.9MB vs ~121MB) and then the small file before it returns to normal before carrying on. No more issues in another hour of driving after that. The card wasn't full at that point but is now.

Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 21.04.20.png

Still experiencing double-beep issue with the 20190924 build. It happened a few times over the weekend.

Which A129 PRO bugs still stand out? That's just for our and @viofo reference:
1) Mystery "double-beep" issue which results in truncated / missing clips on memory card.
2) Problems with pre-buffered parking mode files, as reported by @reverend above. (Planning to test and confirm that too over coming days)
3) Motion blur / EV tweaks - however I don't think this could be much improved given current hardware setup. (Speaking of which, I think default EV=0 is slightly better tuned in the 0924 build)
4) Whole sections of footage missing altogether with clip dates oddly being set to 1999 (details here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a129-pro-firmware.40465/post-488501)
5) ... anything else stands out?

One more thing re double-beep issue which just occurred to me - I'm going to double check this with my team, however I recall earlier reports of similar problem with the A129 (non-PRO) model as well.

Last edited:
Had my first double-beep issue today. The camera showed the yellow triangle across the entire screen as though I tapped the BT remote. Three minutes later, another two beeps and the same triangle. Another three minutes later and the same. Finally, after these three episodes of double-beeps, each separated by three minutes, the camera went back to normal functioning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A129 PRO totally missed recording this evening drive. See screenshot below. At 18:56 I stopped, switched the ignition off, so did the camera. Then at 19:20 got back into the car, turned it on, camera booted up, yet I've paused recording for a moment just to resume it a bit later, just to synchronise it with A129 na A119V3 which I have onboard as well. Unfortunately, it seems the A129 PRO did not start recording at all, as the whole footage until 19:53 is missing altogether. It strangely resumed by itself when I was just about to finish the drive. Also, note the dates are oddly off at 1999.

Adnotacja 2019-10-14 215526.jpg

Needless to say, the camera did not give me any kind of indication that something's wrong...

• Sad
how full was the memory card?

The card was full or near full at the point the beeping started. I had a 90 minute trip after that with no beeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry that wasn't clear, was asking @evad how full the card was
It was full already (approx. 100MB free reported by windows explorer).

It was full already (approx. 100MB free reported by windows explorer).

ok, if the date had gone backwards it would have been deleting the wrong files so it may not be that it didn't record, it may have recorded but deleted the files already

ok, if the date had gone backwards it would have been deleting the wrong files so it may not be that it didn't record, it may have recorded but deleted the files already

Hmm, that sounds reasonable. Yet still, why the timestamp of the file has gone backwards, while the timestamp on the file name is correct? Seems like an really odd bug.

I've seen this a few times (time going back) and have also lost recordings because it constantly writes then deletes the 'oldest' file. As you say, the file name date&time is correct, as is the date&time stamp in the video. It's just the 'date modified' parameter which is incorrect.

Anyone know if it's even possible to add WDR to a single camera in a future update? I find that the rear can with 20% tint works better at night with wdr but then the front camera also becomes "whited out" because of no tint on windshield

One thing I’ve noticed - the front and rear recordings have different times in their file name. The rear channel is sometimes about 9 frames behind and even though it was 09:15:23 when it started recording (as per the time stamp on the footage) the file name is 091524 while the front is 091523

Also, after pressing the Bluetooth remote the screen stays active until the camera is shut down - seemingly ignoring the screen saver settings

Got new firmware v1.1 build 20191015 that fixed the "A129 Pro hangs when turning on WiFi when GPS is connected" issue.

Not yet on viofo website. Uploaded the firmware v1.1 on my DropBox: http://bit.ly/31lgciU

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-16 at 3.27.36 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
New firmware at Viofo as of 10th Oct.
Oh would it not be nice to identify the FW version by a 1.xxx version number rather than rely on the date.
Especially when "downloading" the latest version to save any confusion.

Last edited:
Back