A129 Pro firmware

It seems that those that have problems are probably using U1 cards, those that do not are using U3 cards.

UHS Speed ClassMinimum sequential writing speed
Class 1 (U1)10 MB/s
Class 3 (U3)30 MB/s

For Samsung MicroSDs, if you are EVO+, most likely U1, EVO Plus most likely U3.

It seems that those that have problems are probably using U1 cards, those that do not are using U3 cards.

Class 1 (U1)10 MB/s
Class 3 (U3)30 MB/s
Make sense to me. And there are too many counterfeit products in the market so we have no idea whether if it’s genuine or not. Unless getting it from the authorised distributor directly. I realised even if it’s genuine, it might just decided to be incompatible for unknown reason based on my experience with micro sd card in other non dash can devices. What more when the dash cam which records in 4K writing large amount of files non stop.

Just my thoughts

I'm using Samsung Evoplus 128gb. Class 10 U3 90mbs writre 100mbs read. Have the beep and missing footage.

I don't think it's due to the U1/U3 specs, but sequential speeds don't matter... (same for "SSD 1300MBPS!!!")

Btw: Does anybody with the beeping problem tried to reduce the bitrate? (to make sure it's caused by that)

Class 1 (U1)10 MB/s
Class 3 (U3)30 MB/s
I believe EVO Plus and EVO + are the same card. They are both U3.

I'm using Samsung Evoplus 128gb. Class 10 U3 90mbs writre 100mbs read. Have the beep and missing footage.
Maybe you have a counterfeit microsd
There’s a possibility but we never know. @AlexTan you might want to try other micro sd card and see. It could be genuine but who knows the dashcam just decided to be incompatible with that particular card.

I believe EVO Plus and EVO + are the same card. They are both U3.

I have both, I know the photo isn't that clear, but you could roughly make it out that the evo+ is U1 and the Evo plus is U3.
IMG-20191116-WA0039.jpg

fa36-256-comp.jpg

I guess we should just check our cards and see what is written on it just to make sure.

Good photo. That will be useful for those unsure. (y)

I have both, I know the photo isn't that clear, but you could roughly make it out that the evo+ is U1 and the Evo plus is U3.
View attachment 49609

View attachment 49608

I guess we should just check our cards and see what is written on it just to make sure.
How old is your card? Maybe Samsung's newer EVO + cards are U3?

Class 1 (U1)10 MB/s
Class 3 (U3)30 MB/s
Not quite sure that is the case. I have the EVO plus U3 128gb purchased from best-buy. I haven’t had any beeps with the firmware I am on now (v1.2acc.t) but I did on v1.1. I don't have the hardwire kit and don’t use the parking mode or motion detection feature.

Memory card may not be the only factor, but it may be a contributing factor.
Not all cards are made the same, the Samsung EVO plus was given as an example, not all EVO plus are U3, there are some that are U1.
A good first step would be to make sure a U3 card is used.

I have quite a few EVO plus U3 cards, most can do 60-70mb/s, a couple could only do 30-40mb/s, and only one can maintain 80+mb/s,
but they all still stand to the claim of 30mb/s minimum, up to 90mb/s.

Mine in the last test I did to it 5 days ago gave a 65mb/s Write speed and 77mb/s read speed. Should be sufficient

Class 1 (U1)10 MB/s
Class 3 (U3)30 MB/s
It's not as simple as that unfortunately - I've had the beeps here on multiple U3 cards as well from different well known brands.

It makes you wonder if some controllers currently in use are optimised for exFAT patterns and block sizes - when you're formatting these to FAT32 there really does seem to be some random behaviour.

I'm currently waiting for the Black Friday sales to see if any offers appear for the WD Purple 256GB or Sandisk High Endurance 256GB cards as I'd like to give them a go here. When cameras start supporting the Purple's SMART type statistics it will make life much easier for manufacturers to warn a card is going bad.

There are definitely less issues when parking mode isn't involved, and cards that aren't full are usually fine, but it's when you're into the card being full and looping territory that things can go South.

It seems a bit too picky so I'm guessing it can be improved with software just as we've seen where the issues with corrupt parking mode files seems to have gone away since the new recycling algorithm in firmwares 1.2 up but still more testing needed there to ensure it's gone for good.

There’s a possibility but we never know. @AlexTan you might want to try other micro sd card and see. It could be genuine but who knows the dashcam just decided to be incompatible with that particular card.
I refreshed V1.1 firmware today so far no issue. Will monitor the next day to confirm. Maybe the V1.1 fw came with the cam has bugs.

I refreshed V1.1 firmware today so far no issue. Will monitor the next day to confirm. Maybe the V1.1 fw came with the cam has bugs.
Mine came with v1.1 as well. But unfortunately i had the “freeze in parking mode” issue thus flashed to v1.2T2 as suggested by viofo. So far still testing.

By the way, I realised the video clips in my memory card has difference of 2 secs between front and back. Wonder if its normal?
eg. Front 12:44:30 Back 12:44:32

WD Purple 256GB

I use both, good cards

Yep liking my WD Purple right now. Pricey card though. No problems since day one in my A129 Pro Duo so far.

Cheers @jokiin for the recommendation. I might try out the Sandisk High Endurance for when I need another card. Hoping a 512GB will be available in the near future.

Back