A129 Pro firmware

yeah our cost on the WD is close to double what the SanDisk is
It's the other way around here - the WD Purple 256GB card is £67.06 from Kikatek and the Sandisk HE 256GB is currently £82.20 from Amazon. Guessing they're inflating prices ready to drop them next week

Reactions: Mtz
@jokiin I've just realised you're probably meaning trade prices - in which case that's some serious markup if the Sandisk card is half the price of the WD at that level!

@jokiin I've just realised you're probably meaning trade prices - in which case that's some serious markup if the Sandisk card is half the price of the WD at that level!
actually I just got a price update earlier today, the WD cards have come down, only about 30% dearer now

Samsung Evoplus 128gb sdcard class 10 U3.
Cam Factory fw 1.1 = beep beep 5 sec missing footage
Reinstalled fw 1.1 = same
Installed fw 1.2T2= beep beep 5 sec missing footage
Installed fw 1.2ACC.T = beep once 5 sec missing footage

Next step, change different SDcard, reinstall Fw 1.1 and monitor.

Reactions: EGS
Oh yay I haven't checked in here for a bit, but I'm kind of relieved it isn't just me with this beeping. I have a Samsung Evo Plus 256GB U3 card. It benchmarks like its legit.

Would you be so kind and point me to the original explanation of this double beep and missing footage with parking mode on issue? I cannot seem to find it, it is probably somewhere in this long thread.
The reason is I have recently hardwired my Pro too, and I seem to be getting double beep when switching from parking to normal mode, but nothing is missing or corrupted, so I am wondering if this is what you are experiencing or my double beep is as designed?

Would you be so kind and point me to the original explanation of this double beep and missing footage with parking mode on issue? I cannot seem to find it, it is probably somewhere in this long thread.
The reason is I have recently hardwired my Pro too, and I seem to be getting double beep when switching from parking to normal mode, but nothing is missing or corrupted, so I am wondering if this is what you are experiencing or my double beep is as designed?
Beeping as the camera transitions in and out of parking mode is normal.

No idea if this v1.2T2 will solve your problem but can give it a try. So far i do not have issue in parking mode after flashing it. But will need some more testing.

The said firmware could be good for addressing parking mode that i faced but nonetheless you might want to give it a go.

Samsung Evoplus 128gb sdcard class 10 U3.
Cam Factory fw 1.1 = beep beep 5 sec missing footage
Reinstalled fw 1.1 = same
Installed fw 1.2T2= beep beep 5 sec missing footage
Installed fw 1.2ACC.T = beep once 5 sec missing footage

Next step, change different SDcard, reinstall Fw 1.1 and monitor.

Tested with brand new Samsung Evoplus 128gb sdcard class 10 U3 with FW 1.1......NO issue.
The old Samsung Evoplus 128gb sdcard class 10 U3 was having issue. Weird thing, the old sdcard works find in A129, but not A129 PRO

Tested with brand new Samsung Evoplus 128gb sdcard class 10 U3 with FW 1.1......NO issue.
The old Samsung Evoplus 128gb sdcard class 10 U3 was having issue. Weird thing, the old sdcard works find in A129, but not A129 PRO
I believe the Pro records in 4K + much higher bitrate compare to the non-pro thus lead to it might be more sensitive when comes to the speed of the micro sd card

I believe the Pro records in 4K + much higher bitrate compare to the non-pro thus lead to it might be more sensitive when comes to the speed of the micro sd card
old and new sdcard are the same spec Samsung Evoplus 128gb sdcard class 10 U3 write 90mbs read 100mbs.

the new sdcard work and the old doesn't. ( old sdcard age is only less than 4months)

Last edited:
old and new sdcard are the same spec Samsung Evoplus 128gb sdcard class 10 U3 write 90mbs read 100mbs.

the new sdcard work and the old doesn't. ( old sdcard age is only less than 4months)
I realised Same spec doesn’t mean its entirely same especially during real life usage. Maybe pure luck? Or it just decided to be incompatible.

I realised Same spec doesn’t mean its entirely same especially during real life usage. Maybe pure luck? Or it just decided to be incompatible.

Earlier you mention "Pro records in 4K + much higher bitrate compare to the non-pro thus lead to it might be more sensitive when comes to the speed of the micro sd card "
so in this case, the speed of the sdcard is not the issue

Earlier you mention "Pro records in 4K + much higher bitrate compare to the non-pro thus lead to it might be more sensitive when comes to the speed of the micro sd card "
so in this case, the speed of the sdcard is not the issue
Probably, but like i said during real life usage and cant really know what caused that. So far I noticed some do not have that issue as soon as changing another sd card with same brand same speed and etc. So compatibility issue?

So far I noticed some do not have that issue as soon as changing another sd card with same brand same speed and etc. So compatibility issue?
cards can change internally from production to production, controller, memory, firmware, with no external changes to indicate anything is different

@viofo this issue could be fix. Hope your next firmware update will fix this problem.

@viofo this issue could be fix. Hope your next firmware update will fix this problem.
Have you formatted the SD card before you use the card in A129 PRO.

The A129 PRO recording file names format is different compared to A129, this will be changed after we update to latest SDK.

cards can change internally from production to production, controller, memory, firmware, with no external changes to indicate anything is different
As such regular consumers like me will not be able to differentiate the difference. Only thing can do is putting it thru bunch of synthetic benchmarks and rely on the numbers they obtained. Ignoring the fact where many factors (remaining capacity and etc) will affect the speed in real world usage.

that’s also why sometimes i refer it to “luck” in getting some 100% compatible units lol. I dont know, maybe just me.

Back