A129 Pro firmware

The accelerometer might be 6-axis, but I suppose the FW could have different trigger levels for each axis? That way the camera could respond to horizontal acceleration (front/back/left/right) but filter out vertical input such as potholes and speed bumps.

The accelerometer might be 6-axis, but I suppose the FW could have different trigger levels for each axis? That way the camera could respond to horizontal acceleration (front/back/left/right) but filter out vertical input such as potholes and speed bumps.
I suspect it's a firmware issue and could be improved

Anyone got a link to the latest beta fw v1.2T2 pls?

Thanks, but having problems now, cam won't start with an sd card in it. will go to main forums with the problem.

Thanks, but having problems now, cam won't start with an sd card in it. will go to main forums with the problem.
Reload V1.1. Even if camera won't start, it may still boot far enough to see the firmware file and load it.

it wont start with an sd card in it, so won't work, tried different cable and different usb adapter.

it wont start with an sd card in it, so won't work, tried different cable and different usb adapter.
Try formatting the card with the GUIFormat program first, then copy the file to the card and insert into the camera.

If that does not work try the SDFormatter program.

I suspect it's a firmware issue and could be improved
Can the G-Sensor be tuned to feel for example the vibration of a big truck or the supermarket trolley touch on the cars? Or is some limit? I see on smartphones with some applications that the G-Sensor is very sensitive at any movement.

There are different levels of sensitivity but unsure if it can be that sensitive and work accurately enough to be reliable

Many people will accept to have 99% false alarms on the highest sensitivity setting just to learn that the G-sensor is working and then to accept that the dashcam is not human to distinguish which shocks are interesting and which are not. And then they will go for a lower setting.
Such extreme setting should be available in all dashcams.

Tried 64gb and 256gb cards, yes I formatted with a fat32 program first. I think I have a 32gb card, I can try that, but I plugged it into a phone charger and my pc, it refused to boot, took the card out, it boots no problem, put the card in and it shuts down.

Right, I had downloaded at FW from here but it was named LWA I think? I renamed it to FWA, it was only 32kb in size, I had put that on both memory cards, thats why it wouldn't boot up.
I reformatted again with the GUIFormat tool (same as my Fat32-Format tool) and put the v1.2T2 on and its updated and boots OK.
I will keep an eye on it and see if it has the reboot problem.
Thanks for the help.

1.2ACC was originally meant for cars with start-stop, some cars with start-stop also cut ACC power, so the problem was that the camera keep switching back and forth between parking mode and driving mode every time the car goes into start-stop mode.

From an end user point of view, the only noticeable difference, at least from my end, is the camera goes into parking mode 3 minutes after the engine is off.

My camera starts to boot up as, soon as I open my door, I think this may be causing my problems, as often it gives 2 beeps and locks up, I have now set boot delay to 10 seconds, that should give me time get in plug my phone in for Waze and press my start button. (EV)
Yes I thought it was a loader file, but wasn't sure if I had to rename it or not.
Maybe I should try the 1.2ACC fw?

My camera starts to boot up as, soon as I open my door, I think this may be causing my problems, as often it gives 2 beeps and locks up, I have now set boot delay to 10 seconds, that should give me time get in plug my phone in for Waze and press my start button. (EV)
Yes I thought it was a loader file, but wasn't sure if I had to rename it or not.
Maybe I should try the 1.2ACC fw?

It seems you connected the ACC wire to the wrong fuse... try to check if you have power only when the car is on, not when the door is opened...

Back