A129 Pro firmware

I think @viofo is dead. No responses at all...
I heard from Viofo privately last week. Most of them are not yet back at work due to the ongoing situation over there.

They arent dead obviously... Android app got some updates few days ago

I heard from Viofo privately last week. Most of them are not yet back at work due to the ongoing situation over there.
I also spoke to Viofo privately a few weeks ago and was told they were back to work and the firmware update is their team's highest priority.

Who knows what is going on with Viofo at this point. Their lack of communication, outside of private messages, has been very poor.

I also spoke to Viofo privately a few weeks ago and was told they were back to work and the firmware update is their team's highest priority.

Who knows what is going on with Viofo at this point. Their lack of communication, outside of private messages, has been very poor.

Very poor of you to I think too - this virus must be very scary in China . Shenzen is only 700 miles or so away from the source of the outbreak.

Give them some space guys, it cannot not be easy over there these days. We can hope it will be over soon and things will be back to normal, but right now patience and understanding are needed.

+1 dude.

Last edited:
Very poor of you to I think too - this virus must be very scary in Chins. Shenzen is only 700 miles or so away from the source of the outbreak.

+1 dude.

Your concern is noted and filed appropriately.

All - VIOFO sent a follow up message that FW should be released in the next 1 - 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@viofo Need an option to have parking mode based only on G-sensor, meaning an option to turn "Parking mode motion detection = OFF".
Too many files are created due to motion detection in parking mode, sometimes showing only pedestrians and tree movement.
Hi @viofo, @VIOFO-Support can you please confirm we can expect this feature in the new firmware release?

Last edited:
That option would be nice. I tried setting motion too low. It help. Let hope it be added.

Hi @viofo, @VIOFO-Support can you please confirm we can expect this feature in the new firmware release?
This turn off option is contradictory when parking mode based only on G-sensor. If the recording is not triggered when needed, will also cause many other problems.
We would like to make optimization on motion detection feature instead, so "Parking mode motion detection = OFF" option will not be added in new firmware.

@viofo Need an option to have parking mode based only on G-sensor, meaning an option to turn "Parking mode motion detection = OFF".
Too many files are created due to motion detection in parking mode, sometimes showing only pedestrians and tree movement.
The motion detection files are not a problem even if they do show nothing useful, if you don't want to see them then don't look at them, the RO folder contains the g-sensor events, so just look in there. Fortunately there are a limited number of motion detection files, they will not fill up the entire card.

This turn off option is contradictory when parking mode based only on G-sensor. If the recording is not triggered when needed, will also cause many other problems.
We would like to make optimization on motion detection feature instead, so "Parking mode motion detection = OFF" option will not be added in new firmware.
OK, would be curious to see what changes are introduced to motion detection.

The motion detection files are not a problem even if they do show nothing useful, if you don't want to see them then don't look at them, the RO folder contains the g-sensor events, so just look in there. Fortunately there are a limited number of motion detection files, they will not fill up the entire card.
It's not just about being an eyesore, it's also the fact that the cam is constantly working and writing to the card and consuming power. Add this to the extreme heat in summer and it adds to the wear and tear of the cam and the memory card.
For instance, just one night when I left my parking mode on, the cam had been recording for the entire duration between 11pm and 8am, recording God-knows-what because there weren't even pedestrians or tree movement or anything else in the dead of the night. Meanwhile my 133Wh battery was down ~90%, all in those 9 hours.

Last edited:

it is not just about ignoring useless files, but also to find what happened that involved the car without having to see ALL the useless recording.
For example, you take your car (parked down the street) and you find a mark. For sure you want to see what impacted into your car, and searching for it now it is a punishment...

Thanks,
Michele

Better to have to search for it than not have a dashcam at all and never be able to look for it in my humble opinion...

Better to have to search for it than not have a dashcam at all and never be able to look for it in my humble opinion...
well, better to find a piece of paper on your car with written "hey, it was me, sorry, call me for the refund", or "better not to have a car, so no problem".

The point is not "what could be worse", the point is "what could be better".

Anyway, we are just talking about one more option to have, then it will be your choice to test and use it or not.

Viofo-Support, any news on the new FW update.
Sent my front cam back to the seller for a warranty replacement since not working with any GPS mount (no power), so hoping new FW will be out in the next 2 weeks which is when I should have the replacement back.
I feel so naked and vulnerable without a dashcam now. :oops:

FW is still under testing and improving procedure. Hope you could get the replacement dashcam as soon as possible.

FW is still under testing and improving procedure. Hope you could get the replacement dashcam as soon as possible.
Viofo, Any estimated date on when the new FW will be available on your support site? Thanks!

Back