A129 Pro firmware

I will have to wall mount that, and probably move my computer table a couple of feet further from the wall. ( already just about 1 foot from the wall )
When my CRT screen died i used my old 1080p 42" TV for monitor, it worked well but was a bit overwhelming with that big a screen on my computer table ( even if it is a substantial computer table i have )

BUT ! pros and cons in the equation and you will probably get better IQ with a large 4K TV that you would computer monitor, not least if you go by same price for the 2 parts.
I dont have too much faith in the cheapest 4K monitors, i would also prefer one with 144hz even if i am not going gaming.
Size wise my current 27" monitor feel good, it just need more pixels.

Most interesting screen here is the Acer Nitrox XV273K but it is a 916 USD screen, and you get a lot of 4K TV for that same price.

Last edited:
I have a 4K 55" TV as monitor and a Oculus Rift S for VR flying in X-Plane11 :)

V1.7

The 1.7T firmware made my A129Pro switch off randomly while driving. Dump the 1.7T, and flash to 1.3 Firmware instead.

I have a lot of beeps on V1.7T 20200417. I use my good well known Samsung and Sandisk cards. Switched back to normal 4K mode. May be 21:9 mode is the problem.

So I tried 21:9 4K option with FW 1.7T with a bitrate of Medium and there are a lot of image artifacts, definitely not the same quality as full 4K at High bitrate. I don't doubt that 21:9 4K is better quality than full 4K at high bit rate so that is likely what I will be using going forward, doesn't save me any space but the image quality does seem a bit better for same file size.

I have been using the V1.7T for a few days and all seemed to be working ok until my sd card filled up, then lots of beeps. the camera would stop recording for several seconds then start recording for a few seconds then stopping again to the point it would not stop doing the same thing. I pulled out that sd card and inserted the spare I always carry in the vehicle then initial format it on the camera to ensure it starts clean as I always do.
Once I got home I reviewed the last files where the beeps started and indeed, there are long gaps followed of short clips of different duration each. some of about 10 seconds and other about 30 seconds. none of the same duration after the beeps started.
So yes, I believe this firmware version has its bugs and is unstable. hopefully that gets noted and corrected.

I have been using the V1.7T for a few days and all seemed to be working ok until my sd card filled up, then lots of beeps. the camera would stop recording for several seconds then start recording for a few seconds then stopping again to the point it would not stop doing the same thing. I pulled out that sd card and inserted the spare I always carry in the vehicle then initial format it on the camera to ensure it starts clean as I always do.
Once I got home I reviewed the last files where the beeps started and indeed, there are long gaps followed of short clips of different duration each. some of about 10 seconds and other about 30 seconds. none of the same duration after the beeps started.
So yes, I believe this firmware version has its bugs and is unstable. hopefully that gets noted and corrected.

same here. ı did not calculate when it beeps. But lots of beeps today while i drving as your explain..

Been using v1.7T 20200417 from v1.2ACC 20191101 for 4 weeks now,
so far no issue, no beeps, but then i never had any of the beeping issues that everyone has been describing.
Only thing I noticed different in 1.7T from 1.2ACC is parking mode switches after 90sec instead 180sec after car is turned off.
Of course been using exFAT with 1.7T instead of FAT32 with 1.2ACC.

Been using v1.7T 20200417 from v1.2ACC 20191101 for 4 weeks now,
so far no issue, no beeps, but then i never had any of the beeping issues that everyone has been describing.
Only thing I noticed different in 1.7T from 1.2ACC is parking mode switches after 90sec instead 180sec after car is turned off.
Of course been using exFAT with 1.7T instead of FAT32 with 1.2ACC.
Guess what!!! I have used exFat since I started using 1.7T. Glad to know that you are exempt from the issues some of us are experiencing with this firmware. I haven't reverted back to the more stable 1.2ACC to give a chance to try each of my cards. So far every single one has done the same once they fill up completely. Still have one or two more to try.

I began having issues with V1.7T and after formatting in exfat, I have not had beeping in over a month.

Now i disabled the Parking mode at all, powered the camera with standard USB without any hardwired kit. And i don't have beeps with 1.7T.

Now i disabled the Parking mode at all, powered the camera with standard USB without any hardwired kit. And i don't have beeps with 1.7T.
Most of the beeping described by others usually happen when the card is full when trying delete old recordings to free up space for new recordings, and usually missing footage of the time of the beeps.
But merely changing power source and turning off parking mode has reduced your beeps is an interesting find.
Have you tried disabled Parking mode but running on hardware kit, or enabled parking mode running on usb?
Lets see if we can isolate the source.

When I updated to 1.7, I forgot to change the settings and left it running for a week without parking mode. No beeps whatsoever.

When I turned the parking mode on, within a day there have been random beeps while driving.

Looks like parking mode is the problem.

Reactions: EGS
Looks like parking mode is the problem.

I don't use any of the parking mode features and my beeps only come when the memory gets full and the camera is trying to remove old files to make room for new ones to be written. So the problem is present on both modes (parking mode and non parking mode).
Do you know if your sd card had filled up yet wile not using parking mode? Would be good to see if yo get affected or not once it gets filled up and ready to loop.

Hmm you may be correct, a week without parking mode was probably not enough to fill my 256gb card.

Still amazing how they cannot fix this problem.

Question: with FW 1.7T, if you format the card in-camera, does it format to exFAT or FAT32?

exFAT (even if the card was previously FAT32)

I think I found a new entry in the menu with V1.7T 20200417, unless it's been there a while and I've simply not seen it before. Any thoughts on how the parking recording timer works?

1589788218622.png

Last edited:
My test setup recorded successfully for 24 hours on V1.7T without beeps or interruptions (continuous 4K30 high bitrate, powered by phone charger at my desk, 64GB Viofo card)

I am now testing parking modes with V1.7T, with a card that is already full of normal driving files. I have tried both low bitrate and time-lapse options. Both switch to normal recording whenever motion is detected, which is not what I expected. After a few minutes, they switch back to parking mode again.

I have covered the lens to see if I can test whether the timer switches off the camera after 12 hours in parking mode.

Back