A129 Pro firmware

My Pro has been performing without error since reformatting the card yesterday. It's only 64GB so it will start over-writing tomorrow morning.

It was formatted in-camera before the errors I found earlier this week, so I will be interested to see if the errors return.

Been using a Samsung EVO 128Gb no problems at all.

My Pro has been performing without error since reformatting the card yesterday. It's only 64GB so it will start over-writing tomorrow morning.
Soon after the card filled up, the camera showed signs of recording problems. I had no beeps while driving, but lots of beeps in parking mode.

I have not had any time to inspect the files on the microSD card yet.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if you also see some truncated files from when the beeping was happening in parking mode @TonyM.

I had totally forgotten about the feature to be fair but Bill did mention that corrupt files on these are usually sorted in camera by playing from the builtin interface - I haven't tried that yet but one of those features I forget about.

I reset to defaults yesterday morning and swapped to using an Integral U3 256GB card and the few parking files that have been generated so far are ok, further testing needed on whether it is actually ok or just needs more time to show the parking mode issue like the occasional truncated files on the Sandisk.

I am running the default high bitrate now instead of the maximum setting it was using before but that doesn't affect the parking files bitrate which are still coming out at around 50MB per front and rear per 45 seconds file.

I've gone from 550MB per minute at the max bitrate to around 430MB on default settings (but driving mode footage wasn't an issue with the Sandisk).

So I swapped out the Sandisk 400GB card for an Integral 256GB U3 card - parking mode video has been fine for the last 24 hours - admittedly I had weeks worth of parking footage on the larger card and only 24 hours and a lot of driving into this 256GB card and there is 30GB remaining so it's not looping yet.

I'm now starting to see the issue with the camera beeping during driving again and starting new files and beeping during auto parking mode - not sure if that's saying something else or whether the double beeps are all card errors. It's like the old school PC building days when the motherboard would beep out the error code, maybe that's even an idea - morse code for dashcam errors :D

.. / .- -- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- . -..

Is it possible the beeps in parking mode are when it detects motion? There was nothing recorded for a few minutes before I heard the beeps in parking mode and the recorded video just starts with the wife mentioning the beeps so I'm not sure why it would be in an error state when it's not written anything.

For anyone just receiving the A129 Pro from retail I really would not recommend installing this 0920 firmware from the 23rd September as it has issues.

Last edited:
These random beeps while driving is something I also noticed, yet haven't figured out what it means yet.

I am currently filling up Toshiba 256GB card, so far so good.

Wysłane z mojego GM1903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Well, I checked my card tonight. There's a number of recording gaps and errors.

I will try going back to an earlier firmware, to help identify whether my problems are related to firmware or hardware.

Well, I checked my card tonight. There's a number of recording gaps and errors.

I will try going back to an earlier firmware, to help identify whether my problems are related to firmware or hardware.
I'm seeing occasional horizontal banding on my rear camera video, so I suspect there may be an issue with the rear camera cable. Whether that could cause all my other problems I don't know, but I'll disconnect the rear camera and see what happens.

I'm seeing occasional horizontal banding on my rear camera video, so I suspect there may be an issue with the rear camera cable. Whether that could cause all my other problems I don't know, but I'll disconnect the rear camera and see what happens.
I thought I saw some yesterday but it was lines on the M1!

Saying that I do have a purple vertical line down the left hand edge of the video - guessing only a pixel or two wide but I just assumed that was normal with the tech they use.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I just received my A129 Pro Duo in the mail after pre-ordering it. In case anyone is wondering the firmware version is V1.0 (Build: 20190924)

0920 Update
After resetting to default and formatting the card on Thursday, things seemed OK until Saturday when I started seeing short 2 second gaps between recordings.

Today (Monday) I have no recordings from 4 drives, except the very last 2No video files. Note that the date is still picked up correctly by GPS and embedded into the filename and OSD, but the 'date modified' has changed to 01/01/2019. This probably explains why I have only 2 files from today, since they are the oldest files on the card and keep over-writing themselves.

I will try a different memory card to see if that fixes the problem.

Last edited:
I am still on the latest FW build 920.

I do not use Parking Mode, motion detection, or any of those type features - and my centre of screen cam is hardwired and simply records journeys.

I have just gone through 93Gb of video on the front cam, covering 4 journeys into work, and the 4 journeys home, plus a ten mile drive out for a meal and the same distance back home.

There is not a single moment of any of the journeys that didn't record successfully.

My card is the Samsung EVO 128Gb.

As far as I could determine from watching on the PC, there were no issues with any of the videos whatsoever.

Mine was completely reliable too. I'm unable to explain why I'm now having so many problems.

I've decided that changing firmware is not the solution since it's working so well for other people.

My next step is to try a different memory card.

Last edited:
I swapped to another Viofo U3 card. Reset the Pro both in-camera and using the reset button. Formatted the new card in-camera. I'm still on build 0920.

I had one double-beep on the drive to work. On close inspection, the Pro recorded a 1 second clip on the front camera only at 084542, then after a 1 second gap started a new pair of files at 084544.

1570532591474.png

I have found this one to be very reliable, with the a129 pro. Has been going 24/7 for a few weeks.

SanDisk 256GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-256G-GN6MA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I swapped to another Viofo U3 card. Reset the Pro both in-camera and using the reset button. Formatted the new card in-camera. I'm still on build 0920.

I had one double-beep on the drive to work. On close inspection, the Pro recorded a 1 second clip on the front camera only at 084542, then after a 1 second gap started a new pair of files at 084544.

View attachment 49129

Exactly same issue here. Heard a couple of beeps while driving yesterday, however no problems reported by the dashcam visually (appeared to be recording just fine). I've inspected the footage today and noticed the same clip pattern as yours in this exact moment when camera was beeping.

Additionaly I've noticed A129P sometimes is missing about a minute of footage after booting. I appears like the first 1-minute front/rear clips were completely gone intermittently.

Running 20190920 build currently, Toshiba M203 256GB memory card (not even half-full yet!) and using A129P in dual mode as a standard dashcam without any parking mode features.

Btw, I should have first retail units on my hands tomorrow, however I already got confirmed these are running 20190924 build, as @Trueweltall pointed above. Perhaps @viofo would like to share that build with us for further testing? Thanks!

I've received the camera yesterday with the new build,but unfortunately I can't test till weekend.I have 2 Viofo cards and 2 Samsung Evo Plus.

Finally I have installed the cameras today as it's fiesta here and only worked half day :)Here you have the RAW files with the new build from 24th of September:

It seems I have to rearrange the position of the front camera..I've swaped from the old A129 to the new one in 10 minutes with hurry..:p

Last edited:
Back