A129 Pro firmware

Hi, I just updated from 2.1 --> 2.4 as the rear camera was no longer being detected, and parking mode had stopped working as well.
Updating + reset fixed both issues.

In parking mode, I noticed that it is now recording 2k+FHD instead of FHD+FHD like in 2.1
Also, there's a Parking folder full of parking mode videos next to the Movie folder
Are these "features" of 2.4?

(Perhaps worth noting is that I couldn't update to 2.5 from 2.1. Only 2.4 worked)

Attachments

• A129 Pro Duo v2.4.png
    A129 Pro Duo v2.4.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 32
Hey guys. I've just received Viofo 129 Pro 4k cam and how come the firmware version on it is 2.5 when the latest available official version is 2.4??? Do I need to reflash to 2.4? Camera is brand new from adorama.

2.5 is the latest, Viofo website is outdated, Viofo posts new firmware in forums for us to test and provide feedback.
If yours came with 2.5, either it is a very recent batch from factory, or adorama took the courtesy to update before shipping out.

Viofo-Support: "A129 Pro V2.5 fixed the overexposure problem based on V2.4."
oqzogz: "I tried version 2.5. There is improvement in wdr. There should be a smoother transition. The white balance can be reduced. dark places are too grainy on unlit roads."
daniel0616: "Recently upgraded to version 2.5, the image quality at night has been greatly improved, clarity is obviously improved a lot (non-WDR mode), noise reduced, and the license plate of the car in front will not be overexposed."

Last edited:
In the a129 pro V2.5, the wdr I/O for night recordings has improved. But still there are sharp transitions.
The reason is that my car has window film in the back. There is no film on the windshield but I am using a cpl filter. It intervenes quickly when wdr is on. It's better if I don't use cpl filter. But I can't remove the window film on the back.

Dark parts without light on the dark road are extremely grainy. This also affects the parts that are illuminated by the headlight. thus making plate reading difficult.

Many vehicles come with a tinted rear window from the factory. Or they stick a film afterwards.
Exposure adjustment works, but night recordings are badly affected if wdr is on.

Can be tested with and without cpl filter in image tests. Even from the settings, if a cpl filter is used, it may be necessary to inform the camera as a separate option.

Last edited:
That's some great insight.
The additional setting would be good, so the WDR would know how much to do depending if there is film and/or CPL filter.

I have an A129 Pro running fine. Do I need this? What version is it? Thnx.

Most of Viofo firmwares are almost release.

Most of Viofo firmwares are almost release.
Most of the Viofo firmware released in this thread are pre-release versions for checking before final release to the public.

Hope you don't mind me translating Mtz, but when I read your post I read the wrong meaning.

Reactions: Mtz
No problem, my english will be never so good as yours. In real life maybe I speak english once a year, but writing almost daily.

I just turned on my new A129 Pro Duo and the firmware it came with and build is this: If I download the beta noted above, this would be newer that the one installed?

1.jpeg

I just turned on my new A129 Pro Duo and the firmware it came with and build is this: If I download the beta noted above, this would be newer that the one installed?

View attachment 59667

Yes - BUT, it may have problems.
Some example might be,
WiFi no longer works
Picture quality may degrade
Etc

If you understand what beta software is and understand basic file handling then you should be fine.

You don't need to install it if your are happy with how your dash cam is going.

If this is the first Viofo dash cam you have used you might want to wait until others try it.
I would try it but I don't have that model

Get familiar with your new toy play with all the settings.
Some things to play with for day and night
Configure EV + and -
Set up parking mode
Try different setting for parking

Play with the resolution and the fps and see if you can see number plates easier at 60fps

Even try different brands of tf cards
A good experiment is get an old 16GB SanDisk and see what errors you might get.
Format it in NTFS or FAT12 and see what happens. Btw nothing I suggested will break the Viofo dash cam.

You can spend endless hours fiddling and that's before trying out beta firmware, I know I have

Cheers.

Yes - BUT, it may have problems.
Some example might be,
WiFi no longer works
Picture quality may degrade
Etc

If you understand what beta software is and understand basic file handling then you should be fine.

You don't need to install it if your are happy with how your dash cam is going.

If this is the first Viofo dash cam you have used you might want to wait until others try it.
I would try it but I don't have that model

Get familiar with your new toy play with all the settings.
Some things to play with for day and night
Configure EV + and -
Set up parking mode
Try different setting for parking

Play with the resolution and the fps and see if you can see number plates easier at 60fps

Even try different brands of tf cards
A good experiment is get an old 16GB SanDisk and see what errors you might get.
Format it in NTFS or FAT12 and see what happens. Btw nothing I suggested will break the Viofo dash cam.

You can spend endless hours fiddling and that's before trying out beta firmware, I know I have

Cheers.

Thats solid info, thanks and I will take your advice.

I've been using the new beta since it was posted without any issues so far. Can't comment on the WDR performance since I don't use it. On 2.4 mine actually was freezing occasionally, so this new beta is a welcome update, it has not frozen since.

No, this is beta firmware and is not released on the official website. you shall test it and give us your feedback,
Now I am familar with my new camera, I will try this beta and report back on any problems.

Attachments

• 55A20521-4429-4652-9950-C5C652F8A3AE.jpeg
    55A20521-4429-4652-9950-C5C652F8A3AE.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 40
Back