A129 Pro firmware

Hi folks. is there a way I can use a mac to update the firmware on my A129 pro 4k? If so, could anyone help me with the process.

TVM

Hi folks. is there a way I can use a mac to update the firmware on my A129 pro 4k? If so, could anyone help me with the process.

TVM
The update procedure is not OS dependent, nothing runs on the computer. Just put the update file in the root of the uSD card, stick the card in the camera, supply power, and wait until the camera boots normally.
Official instruction video here:

now a new update V2.9_0902 is available
Has anyone tried what VIOFO fixed?
did they fix file locking in park mode?
did they fix the dark videos?

@VIOFO-Support Can you please elaborate what exactly changed in the new firmware?
Yes, the video quality is refined, you may contact us below if you have other questions.
Unlocking AED parking files is only for customized firmware, not for general firmware.
If you have any other issues, please feel free to contact us.

Yes, the video quality is refined, you may contact us below if you have other questions.
Unlocking AED parking files is only for customized firmware, not for general firmware.
If you have any other issues, please feel free to contact us.
Is this new firmware the same as 2.10 and the custom 2.9 firmwares?

Yeah, I am also on the unreleased V2.10T and it baffles me that the custom/testing version is numbered higher than the later released full version.
So I suppose most (if not all) of the changes in the V2.10T are also present in the latest V2.9?
Then I would expect it releases as V2.11 or something, to clearly advertise this has the latest tested features of all the versions out there. Otherwise it is just plain confusing.

@VIOFO-Support : I have the 2.10 installed on my A129 Pro Duo and it appears to be satisfactory, at least for me it is. In fact,
I am quite happy with the A129 Pro Duo.

I do have to ask what are the differences between the firmware version 2.9 and 2.10? Also, what do you consider a custom firmware, is a
custom firmware a beta firmware not yet released?
Firmware is generally for the general public and can be used for all, while some customers have special needs, (eg, not locking all files in AED mode), customized firmware is needed and we shall not publish it.
We shall keep testing the new firmware V2.10T, as long as we find it stable and free of bugs, we shall then publish it for all.
Sorry if any confusion.

Hi, you can try this one.
You can contact us by below if any other questions.
Hi, @VIOFO-Support @viofo I have been using this firmware for awhile. However I noticed that the AED parking mode does not have the “pre buffered” thingy? The recording starts only AFTER the events and the recording goes on for 1Min (EDIT: not 1min but it seems that the duration ranges from few secs up to 3Mins - the longest I noticed thus far) instead of 45S.

Any possible to get back the “real” pre buffered AED?
Thanks

UPDATE: reverted back to 2.7 (before the locked AED and “proper pre buffered AED”). Not perfect of course and looking forward for proper updated FW.
Hopes that @viofo @VIOFO-Support can look into it.

Last edited:
Can I just power the A129 from the side port (not THE GPS usb port) using “a USB power cord, adapter, non data connection” in lieu……instead of the GPS port.

Reason is…..My GPS is attached to the windscreen and I’ve already damaged and repaired one USB. Access is not easy. Unless I remove the unit from the GPS mount. It’s easier if I remove from the GOS bring it inside then power it via the side USB with a non data USB power cord!

Can I do this…..then once done attach it to a computer for firmware update?

Many thanks

Can I just power the A129 from the side port (not THE GPS usb port) using “a USB power cord, adapter, non data connection” in lieu……instead of the GPS port.

Reason is…..My GPS is attached to the windscreen and I’ve already damaged and repaired one USB. Access is not easy. Unless I remove the unit from the GPS mount. It’s easier if I remove from the GOS bring it inside then power it via the side USB with a non data USB power cord!

Can I do this…..then once done attach it to a computer for firmware update?

Many thanks
You can use either port.

I don't like the official 2.9 firmware. It smears the footage, the noise reduction is too much. Also the contrast is pretty high.
The beta 2.10T is the best image quality with sharp footage from the rear camera.

I don't like the official 2.9 firmware. It smears the footage, the noise reduction is too much. Also the contrast is pretty high.
The beta 2.10T is the best image quality with sharp footage from the rear camera.
Hi, hows the 2.10T? Does it locks all the AED parking clips? Curious to know how is it. I’ve tried 2.9 and 2.9 (without locked AED clip) but the AED appears to be not recording anything before the event which renders the advertised pre buffered AED useless.

Back