Jeremy Wong

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119, Viofo A119S, Xiaomi Mijia, 360 J511C, etc
Update 16/10/2019 - Viofo has fixed the issue in the new firmware v1.1
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-16 at 3.27.36 PM.jpeg

Anyone encounters this issue when the GPS is connected then turn on wifi and the A129 Pro hangs? Only when power off by unplugging the power on the A129 Pro and plug back in, it's back to normal.

I've tried with the GPS disabled and don't have such an issue.

Even in the Viofo app is like this
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-14 at 7.15.07 PM.jpeg

Using latest firmware from Viofo website
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-14 at 7.21.54 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you using the proper power supply?

Are you using the proper power supply?

Used HK3 hardwire kit and also the supplied updated USB car charger and cable. Tried the USB port on the GPS mount and the side of the A129 Pro also same.

Reactions: Mtz
Maybe you have some card problem. Try the same without card.

enjoy,
Mtz

Maybe you have some card problem. Try the same without card.

enjoy,
Mtz

But if it is a card problem, won't it have issues also when I tried with the GPS off?

Other Pro users on the VIOFO forum have been reporting freezing issues when turning on WiFi as well. Not sure if they are using GPS or not though.

The following are from my brain, not read anywhere:
When Wi-Fi is on the chipset is creating another video stream something like 480p which is needed to be broadcasted to smartphone screen. No matter if you are wirelessly connected to the camera or not with the APP, that video is broadcasted when you started Wi-Fi.

Just imagine the DUO model creating at the same time 4 video streams, 2 online and 2 to be written on the card. So if the card have some problem for the 2 videos to be written, the chipset will be more stressed because he is also creating the Wi-Fi video streams.

And if the camera is trying to embed 4 GPS datas on 4 video streams the chipset is even more stressed. To unstress the chipset maybe the GPS data should be removed from the Wi-Fi stream.

Right now the most problems are related to the cards even people expected to be heat problems for a 4K dashcam.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't understand why people are posting A129 Pro stuff in A129 forum?

perhaps because the A129 PRO section was setup after people started posting about it?
A129 Pro section was created way before 14th of October when this thread was posted here..

Didn't mean this particular post, some people only visit certain sections of the forum and sometimes don't notice when new sections are added

A129 Pro section was created way before 14th of October when this thread was posted here..
I actually didn't notice the A129 Pro sub group when I posted this. I apologized for posting in the wrong sub group as I thought was lumped into A129 group.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I actually didn't notice the A129 Pro sub group when I posted this. I apologized for posting in the wrong sub group as I thought was lumped into A129 group.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
you can message @DashCamMan and he can move it to the correct section

Back