A129 PRO IR DUO Coming?

AlexTan

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129Pro Duo A129 IR Duo A119 A119S A118C & Dome GS98C
Saw their official website Firmware update section with Viofo A129 Pro IR Duo Firmware. Anyone knows about this?

With the standard firmware, you can't turn the IR LEDs on at night and you can't have a monochrome image instead of the IR colour image. Otherwise the IR rear camera works fine on the A129 Pro.

I haven't tried the new firmware, but I assume it just gives the monochrome option and enables the IR LEDs when appropriate.

With the standard firmware, you can't turn the IR LEDs on at night and you can't have a monochrome image instead of the IR colour image. Otherwise the IR rear camera works fine on the A129 Pro.

I haven't tried the new firmware, but I assume it just gives the monochrome option and enables the IR LEDs when appropriate.

Yeah you maybe right.
I was told by Viofo, that if you have a A129 IR Duo rear cam, you can use the IR rear cam and install this A129PRO IR Duo Firmware to be usable.
Its nice that how Viofo made their products interchangeable by sharing their cameras with just updating the specific firmware that you want to use.

Back