A129 pro not in parking mode with cellink neo 6

rebelhearts

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I just purchased the A129 pro duo with a cellink neo6 battery pack.
along i also bought the hardwire kit.

I have everything setup, so the cellink neo gets its power from the cigarette lighter and the a129 pro form the cellink neo6.
it all works when i have ignition on.
But when i cut off the power of my vehicle the a129 pro just dies and doesnt go in parking mode.

when i look in the cellink app i see output voltage is 13.3v/0.0A
Also on the cellink app i see product Neo 6
not used.

So it looks like the cellink is not going into parking mode, but im not sure if this is the case or that there is something with my a129 pro.

on the A129 pro i have in the app that parking mode is set to auto event detection and parking record Timer 48 hours ( i know it wont last that long but still for the test )
parking g-sensor is set to high sensitivity and parking motion detection to High.

i have not installed the rear cam yet since i need some time for doing that.
And the power to the a129 pro is directly in the a129 pro not the gps mount.

The power cutoff of the hard wiring kit is set to the lowest setting, it doesnt matter if it depletes the cellink battery (at least i think )

So can somebody help me out, what did i do wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_2159.PNG
    IMG_2159.PNG
    227.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2160.PNG
    IMG_2160.PNG
    320 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2161.PNG
    IMG_2161.PNG
    619.6 KB · Views: 20
I just purchased the A129 pro duo with a cellink neo6 battery pack.
along i also bought the hardwire kit.

I have everything setup, so the cellink neo gets its power from the cigarette lighter and the a129 pro form the cellink neo6.
it all works when i have ignition on.
But when i cut off the power of my vehicle the a129 pro just dies and doesnt go in parking mode.

when i look in the cellink app i see output voltage is 13.3v/0.0A
Also on the cellink app i see product Neo 6
not used.

So it looks like the cellink is not going into parking mode, but im not sure if this is the case or that there is something with my a129 pro.

on the A129 pro i have in the app that parking mode is set to auto event detection and parking record Timer 48 hours ( i know it wont last that long but still for the test )
parking g-sensor is set to high sensitivity and parking motion detection to High.

i have not installed the rear cam yet since i need some time for doing that.
And the power to the a129 pro is directly in the a129 pro not the gps mount.

The power cutoff of the hard wiring kit is set to the lowest setting, it doesnt matter if it depletes the cellink battery (at least i think )

So can somebody help me out, what did i do wrong?
This sounds so familiar, because I am having the same issue and more with this system by any chance did you find a solution for this problem? MY Neo App shows zero usable time.also and is at 100% and doesn't not go into parking mode with Viofo and it does not record when starting up the car.

Hi JB-007

the problem with above was that The Viofo 3-wire kit has the red wire as the battery wire and the yellow wire as the accessory wire, while it appears that the NEO6 is the opposite.
so double check that you have connected it like that, and not like i did in the beginning wich was red to red and yellow to yellow.

gr.

Hi JB-007

the problem with above was that The Viofo 3-wire kit has the red wire as the battery wire and the yellow wire as the accessory wire, while it appears that the NEO6 is the opposite.
so double check that you have connected it like that, and not like i did in the beginning wich was red to red and yellow to yellow.

gr.
Hi, Please look at the spliced output cable that I received (2 pictures below) did yours look like this? Thanks

the first picture is the cable coming from the Viofo A129 Pro and the second picture is the cable coming from the Cellink NEO. However since it is jacketed with shrink tubing I can not see if the red coming from viofo was attached to red to the NEO and yellow coming from viofo was attached to yellow from the NEO..OR..... the red from the viofo was attached to yellow to the NEO and yellow from the viofo was attached to red to the NEO...

Did your "wrong " or "correct" set of Cables have tags like the ones in the pictures? I am working with the vendor to solve the problem - thank you for your help

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
my wire kit was kinda like that but different, the problem you and i where making was that we think that yellow must be on yellow and red to red, while the colour scheme is different on both wire kids ( neo and the kit )
So look on that.

ground is black on the wire kit and on the neo as well, so black to black, thats correct.
acc out is red on the wire kit and yellow on the neo.. so connect those ( i know they are different colours but the scheme tells you its that )
and vice versa so the acc is yellow on the neo kit and red on the wire kit..

so you have the same problem as me and make the same fault like i did, thinking that yellow must be on yellow and red on red.
normally it would be, but neo and the wire kit have it swapped just like the labels are telling.

To clarify, yellow wire on the Viofo hardwire kit is for accessory power, while yellow wire on the NEO is for battery (constant power). Red on Viofo kit is the battery wire, while red on the NEO is accessory.

I sill wonder if my cables are wrong or the NEO is defective- because the viofo works \for power to run the Viofo (besides the off/on glitch and no parking mode) but when I unplug the NEO from Power Socket the Viofo dies so its not putting power out. Does this symptom mean the Neo is broken or the wires are soldered wrong in the cable or both??

said another way- if the cables were wired wrong why does my Viofo get power thru the NEO? Now I am thinking that the NEO is bad because if its at 100% and I unplug it NO power goes to the viofo. But if I plug the NEO into the car socket then it gives power to viofo as a "bypass thru" the 100% battery never deplete and never says there any usable voltage on neo app. if the wires are wrong why is my Viofo turn on and record? I think the NEO is defective is there anyother way to test the neo if it is working? is it safe to keep this plugged into my car as it is with these symptoms? what if I take the other cable that came wit the NEO the one with the female socket and plug in the viofo would that indicate if it is the NEO or the wiring?

Last edited:
It sounds like the cable you have has been pre-wired by the seller, and they have got the ACC and B+ wires mixed up.

If you plug in the female socket into your cellink, and then the normal cigar lighter plug for the viofo in, the dashcam should run from the battery, this is because the female socket for the cellink is wired to B+ and GND, and so the dashcam will be constantly powered this way.

Of course until you get the 3 wire cable working correctly the dashcam will not switch between parking mode and driving mode based on the ignition.

I would suggest try the female cigar lighter socket on the cellink, let us know how it behaves. Also maybe post a bigger picture of the cable you have so we can see what has been done to it.

I sill wonder if my cables are wrong or the NEO is defective- because the viofo works \for power to run the Viofo (besides the off/on glitch and no parking mode) but when I unplug the NEO from Power Socket the Viofo dies so its not putting power out. Does this symptom mean the Neo is broken or the wires are soldered wrong in the cable or both??

I'm pretty certain the cable you have is wired wrong, when you unplug the neo from the power only the B+ on the neo is live, but if this is going to ACC on the viofo I think it would make the dashcam shut down as I think ACC on the viofo is a trigger wire and doesn't actually supply power to keep the dashcam running.

It sounds like the cable you have has been pre-wired by the seller, and they have got the ACC and B+ wires mixed up.

If you plug in the female socket into your cellink, and then the normal cigar lighter plug for the viofo in, the dashcam should run from the battery, this is because the female socket for the cellink is wired to B+ and GND, and so the dashcam will be constantly powered this way.

Of course until you get the 3 wire cable working correctly the dashcam will not switch between parking mode and driving mode based on the ignition.

I would suggest try the female cigar lighter socket on the cellink, let us know how it behaves. Also maybe post a bigger picture of the cable you have so we can see what has been done to it.
thank you for the advice I will try and report back

I'm pretty certain the cable you have is wired wrong, when you unplug the neo from the power only the B+ on the neo is live, but if this is going to ACC on the viofo I think it would make the dashcam shut down as I think ACC on the viofo is a trigger wire and doesn't actually supply power to keep the dashcam running.
Thanks Joe, the cable I had must of been bad because the vendor sent me a new one and now the parking mode works. Thanks for your input

Back