A129 Pro or Plus and will they drain my car battery when parked overnight?

For my Mazda hatchback I'll do what he does for the first ~6 min. I can see him pulling it over the airbag. The grommet on the Maxda is towards the middle of the car; do I just pull the wire through the grommet and then wire it through the hole and try to grab it before the airbag and bring it behind and below it? Or is that also a panel I can pop off under the trunk area (I didn't take a look to make sure yet)?
Also I assume slipping the wire above Pillar A (~5:12 of the YouTube video) is OK for the Mazda since it only has SRS airbags - Mazda 3 wiring for front dash cam

On the non-hatchback Civic I need to remove Pillar A to tuck behind the curtain and then feed it down the door frame behind the weather stripping to the fuse box.

On both vehicles I then need to feed the wire for the rear cam from the front camera along Pillar B under the airbags (in the Civic I would have to tuck it behind and under the airbags in Pillar A first) and remove Pillar C to pull it towards the rear cam.

For the light tester would this work - JASTIND Circuit tester? Or would this Multimeter be better?

The Mazda 3 uses a low profile mini fuse and I still need to check the Civic. Also for the trims/ pillars is it OK if I just force it out? I'm just worried about snapping off all the hinges.

The hardwire kit isn't scheduled to arrive until Dec 9, so I'll start this project that weekend.

For my Mazda hatchback I'll do what he does for the first ~6 min. I can see him pulling it over the airbag. The grommet on the Maxda is towards the middle of the car; do I just pull the wire through the grommet and then wire it through the hole and try to grab it before the airbag and bring it behind and below it? Or is that also a panel I can pop off under the trunk area (I didn't take a look to make sure yet)?
Also I assume slipping the wire above Pillar A (~5:12 of the YouTube video) is OK for the Mazda since it only has SRS airbags - Mazda 3 wiring for front dash cam

On the non-hatchback Civic I need to remove Pillar A to tuck behind the curtain and then feed it down the door frame behind the weather stripping to the fuse box.

On both vehicles I then need to feed the wire for the rear cam from the front camera along Pillar B under the airbags (in the Civic I would have to tuck it behind and under the airbags in Pillar A first) and remove Pillar C to pull it towards the rear cam.

For the light tester would this work - JASTIND Circuit tester? Or would this Multimeter be better?

The Mazda 3 uses a low profile mini fuse and I still need to check the Civic. Also for the trims/ pillars is it OK if I just force it out? I'm just worried about snapping off all the hinges.

The hardwire kit isn't scheduled to arrive until Dec 9, so I'll start this project that weekend.

I am 99% sure your 2014 Mazda 3 Hatcback has side curtains. I believe that SRS cap is another labeling. What I need you to do is take off the weather stripping around the top of the doors (driver / passenger) whichever. Then gently pull back the headliner and look for a side curtain. A 2014 Mazda 3 diagram clearly shows side curtains, so I presume you have them. (See Below) - Therefore Your will also need to pull back A and C pillar to see if there's a curtain. I don't think there is on the A and C but it's hard to tell 100% from the diagram if the curtain is only contained within the headliner or not. B Pillar you can just feed it through the pillar by taking off weather stripping if you think that's easier.

1. Never pull it over the airbag. Those pillars usually have a bolt that needs undone and then you can pull them off. Careful not to break clips. If you can pull it off enough to properly tuck the wire BEHIND the curtain, then fine. However, to properly install the hardwire kit on the A-Pillar, it'll need to come off. Because not only do you need to tuck the cable from the front camera --> Back Camera. But you then need to run the hardwire kit cable behind the A-Pillar airbag and to the floor. Which for a clean install will have you taking off the A-Pillar.

2. Camera goes like this....That plastic trim above the grommit needs removed to access the glass. Yes, you feed it through the grommit. So you need to pull back the weather stripping, feed wire through hole and into the grommet out the other end. Take off plastic trim at the top of the grommet that sits under windshield.

3. Light Tester is fine. Much easier to use. It'll light up when a fuse is active when it touches either end of the metal tip on the fuse.

4. I don't know what fuse types your car uses. You'll need to check that out and make sure you have the proper fuse taps to fit your fuses.

1606723218241.png

http://www.boronextrication.com/2013/12/11/2014-mazda3-body-structure/

1606722869087.png

just bought thr A129 Plus DUO for my 2020 Santa Fe. What is the complete and matching hardwiring kit for this camera? some are saying i need fuses too? what type of fuse is it? pls send me the link for the kit and fuse. Thanks. I will be going to bestbuy to install them if they are still doing it. I am not DIY and can never do this. One thing is I don't want this to drain and kill my car batter overnight. What should I do to make sure it doesn't kill my battery overnight? thanks

just bought thr A129 Plus DUO for my 2020 Santa Fe. What is the complete and matching hardwiring kit for this camera? some are saying i need fuses too? what type of fuse is it? pls send me the link for the kit and fuse. Thanks. I will be going to bestbuy to install them if they are still doing it. I am not DIY and can never do this. One thing is I don't want this to drain and kill my car batter overnight. What should I do to make sure it doesn't kill my battery overnight? thanks

HK3 Kit works with the Plus Duo.

https://www.viofo.com/en/accessorie...a119v3-a129-duo-a129-duo-ir-a129-pro-duo.html

do i need fuse kit? which one?
If cannot make sure of the specific type, consider this Full Set Fuse Tap with ATC ATS MICRO2 Mini Adapter Holder.
Fuse Type Options? also someone on youtube said this
"unfortunately any dashcam you install in a 2020 santa fe will block a good chunk of your field of vision while driving. Incompetent on the part of the Santa Fe designers!"

is this statement true? it means i can't and should not install dashcam ?

Last edited:
@HonestReview - Sorry in advance, but I won't have much time to work on the car until the weekend because of work. I'll try to get to it asap though.

do i need fuse kit? which one?
If cannot make sure of the specific type, consider this Full Set Fuse Tap with ATC ATS MICRO2 Mini Adapter Holder.
Fuse Type Options? also someone on youtube said this
"unfortunately any dashcam you install in a 2020 santa fe will block a good chunk of your field of vision while driving. Incompetent on the part of the Santa Fe designers!"

is this statement true? it means i can't and should not install dashcam ?

Not sure if Accurate but here's the fuse diagram for 2019- I found online

https://fuse-box.info/hyundai/hyundai-santa-fe-tm-2019-fuses-and-relays#2019

I believe you use mini fuses...

https://www.hyundaioemparts.com/v-2020-hyundai-santa-fe--se--2-4l-l4-gas/electrical--fuse-and-relay

Fuse Kit:

You can order that fuse kit on Viofo if you want a variety of fuses. You could check with your dealer to be 100% it uses mini. Either way, their kit is fine.

I have ordered these before so I got more than just 2 of each:

https://www.viofo.com/en/accessorie...-with-atc-ats-micro2-mini-adapter-holder.html

Placement of Camera

Mounted the windshield offers the best coverage because you won't get as much glare, but people mount them wherever is best for them visibly. I've got 2 cameras taking up a nice amount of real estate on my windshield

That is only true if you go for the type of camera that hang vertical from the windscreen and have the box shape of pocket cameras, and most usually also have a huge 3 - 4 - 5 " LCD screen.
The wedge shaped cameras like viofo and others hug the windscreen and have a size / footprint smaller than a pack of cigarettes. ( observe the LCD screen size and actual size of the camera you have your eyes on, it is most often there in the specs for it, some / many have been cheated by sales pictures where a dashcam cam appear mighty on your 27" computer screen.

Alternative there is the barrel / tube shaped cameras like blackvue and others, these also most often install well in vehicles.
No saying you also absolutely have to mount off the windscreen, some with huge sensor arrays on the windscreen have mounted off the plastic that encase it ( if there is a reasonably flat spot in the right place )
Mounting off car plastic trim most often require you buy another type of 3M taps as the provided one are for use on glass, and not the fairly textured surfaces of car plastics.
And some have gone creative with fittings for cameras / action / regular and mounted off the mirror stalk.

You can browse pictures backwards thru the "where did you mount your dashcam" thread, lots of people installing different cameras in different vehicles, you probably not find a 1:1 for your camera / car, but you should be able to get some ideas of what you can do.

Just remember you dont actually need to be able to see the camera LCD from your driver seat, but for doing settings changes and the occasional in camera format it is nice if you can see the screen at least without being a contortionist.
Not least if the camera do not have wifi, but that are more the norm now than not, and with old eyes like mine a larger phone screen are nicer vs the camera LCD where i often need my reading glasses.
But new cameras should give audio warnings if something are wrong, and general operation are interaction free.
And on most cameras the screen are post stamp sized so really you cant see squat on it from a distance, so better go for stealth install over something silly and potential even illegal in your country /state.

Last edited:
someone told me this https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/essential-blackboxmycar-install-package?variant=22354996295 need this or your link? i will need the hardwire ktis too righti have to be sure it is mini fuse. is it 2 i need? thanks

The LED light tester is so you can determine which fuses are always active when the vehicle is off (battery) and are only active when vehicle is turned on (ACC / Ignition).

You take the tip of the light tester to the metal contact of the fuse and if it lights up that circuit is active. Again, I believe the Sante Fe uses mini fuses. The ORIGINAL fuse goes closest fuse box. I would stick a 5 AMP fuse on the top fuse holder. These fuse taps require 2 fuses to complete the circuit. The one closest to the fuse box protects your vehicle and the one on the upper level the camera.

https://fuse-box.info/hyundai/hyundai-santa-fe-tm-2019-fuses-and-relays#2019

If this 2019 diagram is still relevant and accurate for your 2020 Santa Fe then I suggest:

Note: I give you a few options. As sometimes things are tied into a circuit that aren't properly documented in manual. I tapped into my car's 12V socket which seemed OK. Every time I went to lock the car, the camera powered on (after I shut it off). Come to find out the security system was tied to the 12V socket fuse, even though the manual said nothing about it. So there's that chance but these fuses I listed seem to be safe bets.

I don't see anything concerning mentioned.

Try that P/SEAT (PASS) (30 AMP). This is the passenger Power Seat. Use the passenger, not drivers. You want to avoid tying into Modules / Electronics and without a doubt safety systems. The drivers has an Integrated Memory System Module on it whereas the Passengers does not.

P/SEAT (PASS)30APassenger Seat Manual Switch

Accessory: Any one of these should be fine.

RR SEAT (RH)25ARear Seat Heater RH, Rear Seat Folding
RR SEAT (LH)25ARear Seat Heater LH, Rear Seat Folding Switch LH
SUNROOF 120APanoramic Sunroof

Thanks for all the information you gave above. All I need are the required things ( fuses and hardwire kits) that go along with the A129 PLUS to be properly installed at an installation center like at a Bestbuy store. I am not DIY and know nothing. I don't even know what fuse is where they are or anything. If I have the things they need to properly install, all I would be paying is for the labor installation part. Thanks

Thanks for all the information you gave above. All I need are the required things ( fuses and hardwire kits) that go along with the A129 PLUS to be properly installed at an installation center like at a Bestbuy store. I am not DIY and know nothing. I don't even know what fuse is where they are or anything. If I have the things they need to properly install, all I would be paying is for the labor installation part. Thanks

Googling, I would have zero faith in the Geek Squad (teens or 20 somethings playing tech is my guess) to do a proper install. I'd be shocked if these guys knew how to properly take off pillar trims and tuck the wires behind curtains. At minimum the B and C Pillars have curtains it appears. Even if the Best Buy Techs route the wire through the floor, you have to cross the A-Pillar. If there's no airbag in the A-Pillar, tucking the wire into the groove is acceptable. I don't know whether there is one or not. It appears the A-Pillar lacks a side curtain but i don't own a Sante Fe. So that's a verify thing. So that leaves B and C Pillar.

You may be able to simply remove the weather stripping on the doors for B and C and feed the cable through weather stripping without removing pillars. If so, then your life is easy.

No A Pillar Curtain - No need to remove. Tucking wire
B Pillar - Remove Weather Strip feed to other side behind seatbelt or below seatbelt.
C Pillar - Do Same

You could also feed through headliner if it doesnt obstruct curtains. I fed my car through headliner behind curtain. Floor may be easiest route though on your vehicle.

I have plenty of faith you could do it. Best buy will charge $100 USD for 2 cameras. Your luck, these guys tuck the wires into the pillars crossing over B and C. Which would appear to be an improper install looking at the image below.

1606863547114.png

1606862979032.png

I still need confirmation of the fuse type for 2020 Santa Fe, viofo customer care agent told me it is micro2 fuse but they are not sure.

3 years ago I went to bestbuy for my old car and I am going again to Bestbuy for proper installation of A129 PLUS DUO for my new car.

I believe its $120 USD for both cameras. $60 per camera. I wouldn't hold my breath on the nature of the install. I could be wrong here, but a proper installation requires removing trim.

The 2019 parts list seems describes the fuses as "Mini". Take out a fuse and take a picture for us and I guess we can confirm whether true or not.

I believe its $120 USD for both cameras. $60 per camera. I wouldn't hold my breath on the nature of the install. I could be wrong here, but a proper installation requires removing trim.

The 2019 parts list seems describes the fuses as "Mini". Take out a fuse and take a picture for us and I guess we can confirm whether true or not.
Can you give me simple easy picture or video steps to check what fuse it is? If it requires unscrewing things I can’t do it

Can you give me simple easy picture or video steps to check what fuse it is? If it requires unscrewing things I can’t do it

As mentioned above, the parts diagram for Hyundai says Mini Fuse: https://www.hyundaioemparts.com/v-2020-hyundai-santa-fe--se--2-4l-l4-gas/electrical--fuse-and-relay

Easiest way to confirm would be to call your dealer's parts department, give them your VIN number, and ask what fuses the vehicle uses for the glove compartment / interior fusebox.

Go the your local AutoZone, Advance Auto, or O'reilley's Auto parts and tell them you want a couple 5A fuses for your car but you don't know what type it takes. They'll go outside and check for you for free and show you the ones you need on their display rack. Several free services are available at these places and you don't even have to buy anything ;)

Phil

Yes that's good idea! Will go there tomorrow. So I got the a129plus duo and hardwire kits. I have transcend high endurance microsd 64gb & 32gb cards from my previous dashcam from my previous camry car.
Can I still use the same old transcend high endurance microsd 64gb & 32gb cards on the A129 PLUS DUO?
Thanks

the cards will be compatible, memory cards are not red wine though, they don't get better with age, if they've had some use already might be time to think about buying a new card and just keep those as backup

Yes that's good idea! Will go there tomorrow. So I got the a129plus duo and hardwire kits. I have transcend high endurance microsd 64gb & 32gb cards from my previous dashcam from my previous camry car.
Can I still use the same old transcend high endurance microsd 64gb & 32gb cards on the A129 PLUS DUO?
Thanks

I would recommend at least a 256GB card. Those cards have way too limited space to be useful. Your camera is an insurance policy, do you want to risk videos get overwritten by mistake? A 256 GB+ will give you at least a day of recording if not more.

Back