A129 pro parking mode after engine start

mrsand

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Hi. Every one.
Thank you in advance for your help.
I have installed the cameras with the viofo HK3ACC kit. And the voltage reading is constant 14.5 volts in the red cable and with the ignition off the red cable is 12.8 and the yellow cable is 0 volts as it should be.
The thing is the camera does not comes out of parking mode when the engine is on. If I turn the camera off and the on it starts in normal mode, if I turn off the engine and the camera goes to parking mode in about 2 minutes, but does not comes out of that mode when the engine is on again and keeps recording in FHD. The parking mode is in auto event detection
Any thoughts.
Thanks

I have noticed the same things. However, it does switch out of parking mode later. It happens after I have left my garage and have travelled down the road a short distance. I haven't determined whether it's a time delay or a distance movement. I think it's distance movement. I originally thought this was bad. However, after living with it, I think it's fine. This handles the case where a person starts their car but then does not move. Only after moving a short distance, possibly the minimum amount that is detectable by GPS, I hear several beeps that indicate parking mode is off.

Thanks.
Well i will let it run a little more miles. For what i can remember it traveled about 3 or 4 and did not came out and i get frustrated and turn in off and on again

Just to confirm, how do you know it is not coming out of parking mode? If I remember correctly, others have said that newer firmware does not make any sound when coming out of parking mode. FYI, mine is running version 1.4 however I'll have to check to confirm.

Just to confirm, how do you know it is not coming out of parking mode? If I remember correctly, others have said that newer firmware does not make any sound when coming out of parking mode. FYI, mine is running version 1.4 however I'll have to check to confirm.
Because the person icon remains and the resolution stsys in FHD.. the car icon never vomes back until reticle

What voltage does the yellow wire show when the ignition/accessory is on?

I'll check the icons on mine next time I'm going out and let you know what it shows...hopefully I'll remember :)

I think you can try loading an older firmware and see what happens and then reload your current firmware. I don't think Viofo prevents reloading older firmware. Something else to try.

What voltage does the yellow wire show when the ignition/accessory is on?

I'll check the icons on mine next time I'm going out and let you know what it shows...hopefully I'll remember :)

I think you can try loading an older firmware and see what happens and then reload your current firmware. I don't think Viofo prevents reloading older firmware. Something else to try.
The yellow wire shows 12.8. I received the camera a week ago with the latest firmware. But i will try to downgrade this weekend. Thanks

The yellow wire shows 12.8. I received the camera a week ago with the latest firmware. But i will try to downgrade this weekend. Thanks
Any time you upgrade or downgrade the firmware, just be sure to manually default the cameras settings in the menu. After manually defaulting the settings, press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. Might be worth trying this before you change the firmware.

Any time you upgrade or downgrade the firmware, just be sure to manually default the cameras settings in the menu. After manually defaulting the settings, press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. Might be worth trying this before you change the firmware.
Thanks.
I did reset the camara upon received. It is a strange cituation. Have to keep monitoring it but do not know what else to do.

What memory card are you using?

Have you tried Low Bitrate parking mode?

Today went to pickup my wife and while waiting with the engine on, rhe A129 pro went to parking mode. I turned off as a reaction instead of seeing if it came back to normal. I will replicate that tomorrow and see if it does the same and if comes back to normal

Today went to pickup my wife and while waiting with the engine on, rhe A129 pro went to parking mode. I turned off as a reaction instead of seeing if it came back to normal. I will replicate that tomorrow and see if it does the same and if comes back to normal
It will go into parking mode after 5 minutes of no motion or g-sensor activity.

Hi. Everyone that helped me with this issues. Just to let you know the only thing I changed from the initial setup was the shut off timer set to one hour, I don’t need more.
And everything is working fine out of the blue. The camera is recording in 4K and goes to parking mode when I turn the car off. Then get back in start the car and records in 4K again.
Anyway thank you all.

Reactions: Mtz
Back