A129 Pro Parking Mode Questions

JB-007

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, Some quick questions-

(1). Is it normal for the A129 Pro to change from 4k setting to 1080 (by itself) when it goes into parking mode and then I have to physically change it back to 4k the next morning when I start up the car? The parking mode is set at low bit mode.

(2). Additionally, I had display set at front and rear (rear overlaid) and it switched to rear and front (front overlaid) by itself also after starting up car after parking mode. It switched by itself, is this normal?

(3). Only during the first drive of the day I get the Yellow Triangle but I did not hit any bumps to trigger it, it always seems to happen on first start up of the day and then it doesn't happen again till the next day, and the the yellow triangle comes up it beeps off and on I think warning me there was a incident (locked file) for no reason that I can figure out.

(4). And finally, On the Viofo App when I click the tab to look at parking mode files its blank empty- is it normal that the parking mode files are mixed in with the regular clips? I figured since there is a tab on the Viofo App it should drop the parking clips in there no? I do have parking clips but its mixed in with the regular clips for some reason..

(5). One more- how do I get the time on the video clips to be Regular time instead of "army" time? ex: it shows 14:00 for 2:00PM. is there a way to change it to say 2:00 PM instead of 14:00??? Thank you

Thank you for your help.

Hi

1.) No, this is not normal, mine switches from 4K normal mode to FHD parking and then 4K normal again automatically. In versions prior to 2.1 though, parking mode was also 4K. Did you by any chance upgraded the firmware? Did you perform full reset from settings + the keyhole on the side afterwards?

2). This also did for me on v1.1, did not care much as I do not look at the screen anyway, and I did not bother to recheck how it behaves in v2.1

3.) Never had this, try to lower the G-Sensor sensitivity in the settings or turn it completely off for the sake of testing

4.) Yes, same for me, not sure if VIOFO is aware of this and if they plan to fix this

5.) I wouldn't call it strictly "army time", as outside of US it is simply normal World's time :) But I believe there should be a setting in the menu to switch it, isn't it there?

Hi thank you for your reply and help.
1.) No, this is not normal, mine switches from 4K normal mode to FHD parking and then 4K normal again automatically. In versions prior to 2.1 though, parking mode was also 4K. Did you by any chance upgraded the firmware? Did you perform full reset from settings + the keyhole on the side afterwards?
I have 2.1 FW I set the camera at 4k and parking mode auto detect and when it goes into parking mode it goes to FHD like you said but when I return to car and start it up and drive it does NOT go back to 4k by itself, I have to change it to 4k again every time I enter car. Do you have any recommendations what I am doing wrong?
2). This also did for me on v1.1, did not care much as I do not look at the screen anyway, and I did not bother to recheck how it behaves in v2.1
Now this is operating correctly with mine it stays at Front view and rear overlaid and does not change any more.

3.) Never had this, try to lower the G-Sensor sensitivity in the settings or turn it completely off for the sake of testing
Thanks I lowered sensivity and it is running good now.

4.) Yes, same for me, not sure if VIOFO is aware of this and if they plan to fix this
Yes this is still happening with me I guess Viofo will solve in an update one day.. I am ok with it.

5.) I wouldn't call it strictly "army time", as outside of US it is simply normal World's time :) But I believe there should be a setting in the menu to switch it, isn't it there?
I just left it at 'world time'. It doesn't bother me too much...

Thanks for your reply and your help.

How do you have the camera powered? Do you use original Viofo HK3 hardwire kit? It seems to me that the camera is not properly switched from parking mode back to normal.

How do you have the camera powered? Do you use original Viofo HK3 hardwire kit? It seems to me that the camera is not properly switched from parking mode back to normal.
Hi, I have the camera powered by the Cellink NEO directly to the camera. The vendor sent me a Spliced Output Power Cable that they spliced using the Viofo 3-wire cable and spliced to the Cellink NEO cable... and the Cellink NEO is powered by connection to the Cigarette Power Socket in the car. This is the second cable the vendor sent me because the first one did not go into parking mode at all. This cable seems to work it does go into all the parking modes without any other issues except it will not put the Dashcam back to 4k after I start the car and drive. Every time I get into the car I have to go to the camera and re-set it back to 4k. Why do you suppose this is happening? Can I be doing something wrong in my settings to cause this behavior? Thank you.

Hi, I have the camera powered by the Cellink NEO directly to the camera. The vendor sent me a Spliced Output Power Cable that they spliced using the Viofo 3-wire cable and spliced to the Cellink NEO cable... and the Cellink NEO is powered by connection to the Cigarette Power Socket in the car. This is the second cable the vendor sent me because the first one did not go into parking mode at all. This cable seems to work it does go into all the parking modes without any other issues except it will not put the Dashcam back to 4k after I start the car and drive. Every time I get into the car I have to go to the camera and re-set it back to 4k. Why do you suppose this is happening? Can I be doing something wrong in my settings to cause this behavior? Thank you.
Have you tried reinstalling V2.1? Be sure to manually default the cameras settings after the update, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. After defaulting, change only the time, date and parking mode option. See if you still have the issue.

Have you tried reinstalling V2.1? Be sure to manually default the cameras settings after the update, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. After defaulting, change only the time, date and parking mode option. See if you still have the issue.
OK, I had done most of that already a bunch of times; however, I will try that again. As a side note, I am on my second GPS Module as the first one had failed. Thank you

Being that my GPS Module Mount was defective can that be the reason the camera does not go back to 4k by itself after coming out of parking mode? Thanks..

Being that my GPS Module Mount was defective can that be the reason the camera does not go back to 4k by itself after coming out of parking mode? Thanks..
Shouldn't have any impact if your using the 3-wire Viofo kit. Your confirming that the camera is actually leaving parking mode? Is the icon changing back to a car, but not changing to 4K?

Did you get a new GPS mount?

Hello, Some quick questions-

(1). Is it normal for the A129 Pro to change from 4k setting to 1080 (by itself) when it goes into parking mode and then I have to physically change it back to 4k the next morning when I start up the car? The parking mode is set at low bit mode.

(2). Additionally, I had display set at front and rear (rear overlaid) and it switched to rear and front (front overlaid) by itself also after starting up car after parking mode. It switched by itself, is this normal?

(3). Only during the first drive of the day I get the Yellow Triangle but I did not hit any bumps to trigger it, it always seems to happen on first start up of the day and then it doesn't happen again till the next day, and the the yellow triangle comes up it beeps off and on I think warning me there was a incident (locked file) for no reason that I can figure out.

(4). And finally, On the Viofo App when I click the tab to look at parking mode files its blank empty- is it normal that the parking mode files are mixed in with the regular clips? I figured since there is a tab on the Viofo App it should drop the parking clips in there no? I do have parking clips but its mixed in with the regular clips for some reason..

(5). One more- how do I get the time on the video clips to be Regular time instead of "army" time? ex: it shows 14:00 for 2:00PM. is there a way to change it to say 2:00 PM instead of 14:00??? Thank you

Thank you for your help.
Hey JB.007, I'm having the same problem too. The resolution automatically changes from 4k to 1080p when it enters parking mode. Did you get it solved?

All 4K cams will overheat when parking in warmer places. Some handle this like the A129Pro by lowering resolution, birrate, or both to run cooler. Others simply shut themselves off leaving you with zero protection. It's a technological limit which at this time can only be handled by active cooling which exacerbates the existing problem of battery draw shortening the time you can record, which is why nobody has done that yet. Every dashcam is a compromise.

When you consider that most parking events happen more slowly and are always close-range, it's not as necessary to have high resolution or high bitrates then compared to while driving. You'll still have all the detail you'll need with the lowered resolution as long as the cam has good image quality which this one does. IMHO it's the best approach we have for now as you will at least have good images versus having none because the cam shut itself down.

Phil

All 4K cams will overheat when parking in warmer places. Some handle this like the A129Pro by lowering resolution, birrate, or both to run cooler. Others simply shut themselves off leaving you with zero protection. It's a technological limit which at this time can only be handled by active cooling which exacerbates the existing problem of battery draw shortening the time you can record, which is why nobody has done that yet. Every dashcam is a compromise.

When you consider that most parking events happen more slowly and are always close-range, it's not as necessary to have high resolution or high bitrates then compared to while driving. You'll still have all the detail you'll need with the lowered resolution as long as the cam has good image quality which this one does. IMHO it's the best approach we have for now as you will at least have good images versus having none because the cam shut itself down.

Phil
I must say at night I can't see any details with the 1080p in parking mode , I have a blackvue dr900s and a thinkwareu1000 as well and they never gets overheat...I live in California where it gets hot during the summer but not really hot like Texas and and those other states.

Back