a129 Pro sample always staying on

mms1361

Reaction score
Country
United States
So i received the sample for testing. The problem im having is the a129pro will always stay ON despite having no key in the ignition.
I installed the supplied hardwiring kit provided by them. The ground is connected directly to the vehicle chassis. Both the ACC and BATTERY (Yellow and Red) cables are connected to fuse taps. The yellow is connected to an accessory fuse while the battery is connected to the hazard lights fuse which has a constant 12v. I have tested with my fluke meter and i have 12v at all times on red. I have 0v on accessory with the key off, 12v with the key turned to accesory. As soon as i plug in the power cord to the front camera it takes 5 seconds to power on and stays on despite having the key off(out of ignition).

I do not have parking mode enabled.
I do not have the rear camera connected yet
I have the power plug feeding to the front camera body despite being mounted on the gps body to the windshield.
I have reformatted the sd card (samsung evo 128gb)
I have updated firmware via wifi to latest model
I have restored default settings twice.

Whenever i try to use the viofo app to mess with settings it seems to get stuck and become non responsive half the time.

Normally if the parking mode is not enabled, the camera will be turned off after car ignition stopped.
Early firmware has a bug for this. Please wait for our new firmware which will be released soon.

If you enabled the Wi-Fi, please only use the APP to change the settings, don't use the button on the camera.

I have the power plug feeding to the front camera body despite being mounted on the gps body to the windshield.
Plug the power into the base, then turn the ignition on and then off...

I have always updated firmware via card, and I think everyone else does too, maybe your are getting a bad version via WiFi?

Plug the power into the base, then turn the ignition on and then off...

I have always updated firmware via card, and I think everyone else does too, maybe your are getting a bad version via WiFi?

What do you mean by base? Plug it into the GPS body or camera body? Because right now its powered to the camera body, and everyone almost always seems to have issues powering through the gps body.

It was staying powered on before the FW update. thats why i decided to update the FW. I dont remember what version it shipped with but it did seem to apply an update via wifi.

Here is a video with the issue https://photos.app.goo.gl/wq7qCiWBmk7AYqvV8

Last edited:
Plug it into the GPS mount.
What do you mean by base? Plug it into the GPS body or camera body?
The A129 Pro is different to the A129 Duo, issues with plugging into the mount have been sorted.

I have observed a similar behavior with my Pro Sample Unit. I tested on the bench using a 12V power supply and the hardwiring kit. The camera Parking Mode is set to off. When I remove ACC power (simulating car shutoff), the camera shutdowns as expected. But 2-3 seconds later, the camera reboots and comes back on, recording as if ACC power was still provided.

Glad to see Viofo is aware and working it.

I have observed a similar behavior with my Pro Sample Unit. I tested on the bench using a 12V power supply and the hardwiring kit. The camera Parking Mode is set to off. When I remove ACC power (simulating car shutoff), the camera shutdowns as expected. But 2-3 seconds later, the camera reboots and comes back on, recording as if ACC power was still provided.

Glad to see Viofo is aware and working it.
I noticed that as well, camera reboots when i go from car running to key in off position. I noticed the viofo logo and the reboot sound although it doesnt seem to take nearly as long as a "normal" startup. Ill wait for the FW update i suppose.

Thanks, have updated the firmware but didn't test it out yet.

The only thing I don't like is that when I turn off/key off it shows the viofo logo with the same startup chirp tone.

I'd rather it have a "shutdown" tone or none at all. Because it uses the same startup tone It always makes me double-check it to make sure it doesn't stay on, but so far it hasn't stayed on after key off.

The Zerogogo RW100 has voice tones that say "start recording" and on shut down it says "end recording" maybe that could be done with the Pro, Or indeed all Viofo ?

Voice tones are supported by the hardware, the files take up space though which can eat into space needed for other functions

It would be nice to have, I and others have my front cam hidden behind the drivers mirror, so I have to bend my neck to see if the lights are on, but if the sun is in front of me, I can't see the lights, so a voice prompt, would be good.

One thing I liked on my Blackvue DR500 was the voice on start up and on switch off, at the time I didn’t now just how useful it was having this voice

also telling me it was having errors with the card recording, a few times this helped me reinsert a half inserted card, and on an occasion or two when there was an issue with the card itself

now with these bleeps unless I have my ears listing for the bleeps I often don’t know if the DVR has actually started recording, and when I was using the Mini XXXX range, many a time the DVR never switched on and I never knew it hadn’t recorded a thing for X number of hours till I took the card out to check the recordings

if memory serves me right, in the menu setting of the DR500 there is/was a toggle to select a selection of voice notifications,

would love to see this feature in other DVR’s as opposed to just a faint bleep, as 99.99% of front facing DVR's are behind the rear view mirror and the LED can't be seen

Can confirm the camera does not auto shut off after WiFi is enabled. This is by both the gps mount and the side port. Without even launching the viofo app

Back