A129 Pro Stops Recording

I had the same issue today. In parking mode it stops recording/start beeping. In driving mode it beeps after a few min clips are shorter then the set time normal 2min clip. Memorycard uses is a Samsung Pro endurance 128gb

My rear cam also stutters and flickers a pink screen.
You damaged the rear camera cable or the rear camera connector when you mounted the camera.
Remove the rear camera on the main unit and you will see that problems can disappear.

I see here few people with problems and Samsung Pro cards. Did you try to use another card?

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
I had the same issue today. In parking mode it stops recording/start beeping. In driving mode it beeps after a few min clips are shorter then the set time normal 2min clip. Memorycard uses is a Samsung Pro endurance 128gb
Samsung pro endurance is U1 100/30 MB/s¹ The specification may not be sufficient for 4K recording. I maybe wrong.

It is not only about specs, it can be a local problem with your card.
If I will buy an U3 256GB card with great speeds with $5, it will not work for sure.

enjoy,
Mtz

Samsung pro endurance is U1 100/30 MB/s¹ The specification may not be sufficient for 4K recording. I maybe wrong.

Its for 4k recording and i see more users bougt them. Bud i did order the 128gb card of Viofo to try.

OK, please write feedback about these two cards after you will receive the Viofo card.

enjoy,
Mtz

Its for 4k recording and i see more users bougt them. Bud i did order the 128gb card of Viofo to try.
Yes is for 4k recording. But A129Pro 4k recording, the bitrate are different.

Bitrate settings

Low bit rate
Front cam: 3840×2160 30fps – Overall bit rate: 15.3 Mb/s. 110MB per 1min file.
Rear cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 10.3 Mb/s. 73.9MB per 1min file.

Medium bit rate
Front cam: 3840×2160 30fps – Overall bit rate: 30.3 Mb/s. 217MB per 1min file.
Rear cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 12.4 Mb/s. 88.8MB per 1min file.

High bitrate
Front cam: 3840×2160 30fps – Overall bit rate: 42.4 Mb/s. 303MB per 1min file.
Rear cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 14.3 Mb/s. 102MB per 1min file.

Maximum bit rate
Front cam: 3840×2160 30fps – Overall bit rate: 60.3 Mb/s. 431MB per 1min file.
Rear cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 16.2 Mb/s. 116MB per 1min file.

Samsung pro endurance write speed is 30mbs max. So any higher bitrate recording could have issue.

I would suggest to get samsung evoplus U3 128gb or 256gb with 90/100 mbs.

Samsung pro endurance write speed is 30mbs max. So any higher bitrate recording could have issue.
write speeds of up to 30 MB/s, that's a lot faster than the recording bitrates which are given in Mb/sec

What does setting a higher bit rate give? Of course, apart from filling the card faster.

What does setting a higher bit rate give? Of course, apart from filling the card faster.

Better picture quality. Since the video is compressed, bitrate dictates how much. You can easily check it yourself, set the minimum bitrate and look for so called "compression artifacts", chunks of square blocks in the video. The higher the bitrate the less chance of seeing them. Also, the more complex the scene, the more bitrate is needed to keep up with the quality, this means if you have steady scene without many details in it, even lower bitrate will be fine, but for example fast moving tree leaves across the whole scene will give you some artifacts even at highest setting.

I'm also experiencing the A129 Pro no longer recording. I installed it 3-4 days ago and it just stopped a little while ago with a "memory error" message. I had originally formatted the card in camera. I'm looking at the files on the car and it seems to be full (its recorded since I installed but appears to not be looping despite me setting it to). Further, is there any way to access the camera settings when its hooked up the the computer?
I'm very disappointed in the camera (I just noticed that every video both front and back are like a stop motion- all choppy, however the audio is smooth)

I'm also experiencing the A129 Pro no longer recording. I installed it 3-4 days ago and it just stopped a little while ago with a "memory error" message. I had originally formatted the card in camera. I'm looking at the files on the car and it seems to be full (its recorded since I installed but appears to not be looping despite me setting it to). Further, is there any way to access the camera settings when its hooked up the the computer?
I'm very disappointed in the camera (I just noticed that every video both front and back are like a stop motion- all choppy, however the audio is smooth)
What memory card are you using?

(I just noticed that every video both front and back are like a stop motion- all choppy, however the audio is smooth)

That's likely to be the memory card unable to write fast enough. What is your card - and have you checked to be sure it is genuine despite the what it looks like?

What memory card are you using?
I'm using a Microcenter 256g card. It captured fine until it was full. I reviewed what was on the card and found the "locked" folder, which had about 12 videos in it. I deleted those files but kept the folder and then put it back in the camera. The camera has started recording again (granted I only drove for about fifteen minutes since). I checked the card and it stored everything that wa written to it. Before I deleted those locked files, it appears to only have about 450meg left of free space, so I tend to think that there is/was something preventing the camera from going into loop mode, despite it being set to loop in the settings. If that's the case, it's not a card problem, it's a camera problem.

I'm using a Microcenter 256g card. It captured fine until it was full. I reviewed what was on the card and found the "locked" folder, which had about 12 videos in it. I deleted those files but kept the folder and then put it back in the camera. The camera has started recording again (granted I only drove for about fifteen minutes since). I checked the card and it stored everything that wa written to it. Before I deleted those locked files, it appears to only have about 450meg left of free space, so I tend to think that there is/was something preventing the camera from going into loop mode, despite it being set to loop in the settings. If that's the case, it's not a card problem, it's a camera problem.
Anytime the card has been placed in another device (phone, computer...etc), it should be formatted inside the camera before using again. Deleting only certain files, then placing the card back into the camera can cause issues. I would format inside the camera again and see how it behaves.

Try using the player VLC to view the files. Choppy video is usually either the player or transfer lag.

Anytime the card has been placed in another device (phone, computer...etc), it should be formatted inside the camera before using again. Deleting only certain files, then placing the card back into the camera can cause issues. I would format inside the camera again and see how it behaves.

Is this really the case? So if I pull the card out to review footage on my laptop I’d then have to reformat the card when I fit it back into the dashcam? Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.

Is this really the case? So if I pull the card out to review footage on my laptop I’d then have to reformat the card when I fit it back into the dashcam? Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.
I tend to agree that it sounds silly. Will try a different viewer (though again, considering that the audio is perfect I don't think it is slow reading). Will report back.

Back