A129 Pro Stops Recording

Is this really the case? So if I pull the card out to review footage on my laptop I’d then have to reformat the card when I fit it back into the dashcam? Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.

NO i don't do that, and i have no problems, but if you get some files from your memory card just make sure to copy them off the card, if you move files from the card it have been known to cause issues.
There is also the "fruit" company thing, their devises tent to want to stick some hidden files onto things like a memory card accessed with one of their devises, in that case a in dashcam format are a must have as far as i know.

Is this really the case? So if I pull the card out to review footage on my laptop I’d then have to reformat the card when I fit it back into the dashcam? Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.
Is it mandatory, no. I would say it's good practice to avoid unwanted issues. I have placed a card back into my camera without formatting again and had no issues, but I have seen many posts of users who did have issues that formatting inside the camera again fixed. To each their own.

I am not sure if you could have something in PC / windows enabled, that upon insertion of a memory card in a card reader would make some changes that could trip up a camera.
But like i said i have never done that as a rule, and it is far from every time i grab ( copy ) footage from a camera that i format the memory card when i get back to the dashcam.
My windows 10 are pretty standard, though i do delete some garbage after windows install and make some changes to get windows 10 to not look like windows 10 would like to look.

i think often it is those poor fans of the fruit brand, that got some extra hoops to jump thru as a result of their choice.

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.

Hardly rubbish. If it wasn't worth doing in cam, (i.e. formatting elsewhere being the only way) the dashcam would not have the option to format it's card. If you flip the idea on it's head, you wouldn't format a PC hard drive anywhere other than a PC....

Formatting the card in the cam takes literally a few seconds, and it is good practice for any memory card, to be formatted regularly.

PS & OT i just got some files from the new insta 360 one R action camera ( not 360 video ) and at first my computer just would not play the videos only the audio of the files.
BUT ! upgrading my codecs fixed that to some extend, cuz now i can play those files with the windows media player but not any other player, and i can also not load those 5.3K videos into any of my video editors ( pinnacle studio 22 and powerdirector 17 )
And as far as i understand with that new camera right now as it is pretty raw you have to run the footage thru insta 360 software to be able to play it at all on a computer, but i think the guy i got the files from have done that before sharing.

Just dont get now that i have updated my favorite VLC player do not work, only media player which i dont like all that much, the TV and video player in win 10 also dont work.

My fave is PotPlayer.

That also work on those 3 files, though one of then it shut down right after it started to play, but #2 around it was fine.
I think when my hardware lands in its new case, i will do a fresh install of windows again, though by then the install i am on are only a year old.

The properties of the files seem normal though it is 5.3K footage ( 5312 x 2988 resolution ) Insta ONE R 1" sensor module footage. it is however 130 mbit,,,,, 100 mbit is the largest i have seen before from a not modified action camera.

insta360_one_r_1_edition.jpg

But it cant be my computer it can play several 4K/60 H.265 100 mbit videos at the same time just fine.

resets the allocation table, causes no wear to the card, 10 seconds out of your day keeps things healthy

One of mine stopped when the card got full - or it has on the 2 occasions I let it fill up.

Best to format regularly - that stops the problem on mine.
Same issue as mine.. my Pro Duo stops recording in parking mode once the card is full.. i drive 4 hrs everyday so its annoying to reformat every 1-2 days

Same issue as mine.. my Pro Duo stops recording in parking mode once the card is full.. i drive 4 hrs everyday so its annoying to reformat every 1-2 days
Presume loop recording is set to 3m, not off?

Presume loop recording is set to 3m, not off?
It was set to 2min loop recording

after several tests, i observe that it stops recording when the card is full while in time lapse parking mode only.. its working well with low bitrate parking mode

Back