A129 pro suction cup solution

Skylar132

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 PRO 2CH
I'm just thinking for if I ever have to use a rental/courtesy car and im wondering are there any suction cup mount substitutes for the a129 pro as i dont want to be using 3m adhesive to stick it to the screen of a car i dont own (plus removing it is a pain in the ass) any ideas?

For rental cars, I use the Blueskysea B1W which runs on capacitors, relatively inexpensive, and compact. Unfortunately, it is only 1-channel so you only get front coverage.

I removed my A129 Pro camera from my car and used it in a rental car over the Thanksgiving weekend. It wasn’t too bad. It was a pain to remove from my car windshield, but I found a post on here saying to use floss which worked somewhat decently. I powered the camera using the cigarette lighter adapter and just let the cable hang down.

I put the camera in a ziplock bag to maintain the stickiness. The camera stayed attached to the rental car windshield until I removed it with floss and has remained attached to my car’s windshield since I reinstalled it. I did take the extra 3M strips in case the adhesive lost its grip.

I’ve seen members recommending a radar detector suction mount with a flat plate available on Amazon, but I don’t have the link and don’t know if it’s available in your country.

Edit: Here’s a link to another thread talking about this:

I’m thinking about buying another gps mount so I don’t have to remove the one from my car if I want to use my dash cam in a different vehicle again.

Last edited:

ARKON BT010 Windshield Suction Mount for EZ Pass Toll Transponders Bluetooth GPS Receivers and Radar Detectors​

This exists, but I don't know how stable it is for something as heavy as a dashcam.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B000FGI9R0

Back