A129 rear camera

mollydog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I’d start a new thread and not water down the other thread where I started this issue

I spend half an hour and made my small wedge shape slither to get the rear facing DVR lens facing up and not on to the rear boot,

I went and did a dry run to see with the wedge how much play I had with the cable, what did I discover, to be able to use the rear facing DVR the camera has to be half way down my rear screen

when with a little common sense, and the USB had been placed to one side or the other, the DVR could be placed more or less anywhere on the rear screen

I did think about having the DVR upside down but having the cable dangling down is so amateurish and impedes my limited view out of the rear screen

the only way I can now see of using this rear DVR is if I make a large (and a higher risk of vibration) L bracket to use this rear DVR in this manor

having one part of the L bracket stuck to the screen and the other part way above the DVR and very shaky

I hear Viofo make a cable having a right angle at both ends as an extra, well considering what I have to go through to fit the cable from the front screen to the rear screen I’ll sooner use two separate DVR’s than go through that again

if they have to place the USB at the top of the rear DVR why didn’t they throw in a ten pin right angle USB (as an extra if need be?) I have been searching google for a ten pin right angle mini USB with zero luck, anyone know if these are available and from who? failing this then it looks like I’m in the market for another DVR

@mollydog, try reaching out to Viofo support via this link: https://support.viofo.com/support/login

I've found Bill Zhou and his team to be very supportive. Heck, they even custom-built me an HK3 hardwire kit to eliminate the high-pitched noise problem I was having with my 2012 Honda CR-V. It doesn't get much better than that. :) Perhaps they can help you with this issue as well or at least point you in the right direction.

You can put the cable the wrong way around with the right angle connector at the back...

The new IR version of the rear camera has the cable at the side, I have mine stuck to my interior lamp cluster - ie. stuck to the ceiling, and if that works in my car then with your rather shorter car it should be OK even to stick the rear camera to the windscreen for a vibration free mount, saves a lot of effort running the rear cable when it is only 20cm long instead of having to take all your seats out to run it under the floor!!!

thank you Nigel, I think (for me) having both ends with a right angle would of been great, it dod cross my mind to of used the right angle end at the back but thought I’d keep it at the front keeping it neater looking, as for the rear (not knowing it was a ten pin USB) just buy as I did a right angle mini USB (5 pin that I found out is not good)

the problem with me sticking the camera to the ceiling (for a better word) is that the only location you could call the ceiling is the round tubular rollover bar, it’s a permanent fixture and for sure isn’t going to move or vibrate but the dame thing is round

this is showing the rear screen with the rollover bar when I had the mini 0906 and even for that I had to make a bracket, but as it was a small bracket I didn’t notice and vibrations on the captured video

I’m going to follow through what RavenManicsaid and contact Viofo to see if they have a solution

There is Left + Right angle 6.5m video cable available. Search SGGC65LR or 3.0m SGCC3LR to see it fits your needs.

Last edited:
Back