A129 stops recording to SDCard after a couple hours

AusMat

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all!

I've got a A129 Duo on v1.9 and the 3wire kit (plugged into side of camera)
I've got an issue where the camera stops actually recording to the SDCard after a couple hours.

The camera is 100% not turning off due to power levels. I can get into the car in the morning (overnight) and the camera is on and recording (from me walking Infront of the car) but if I check the files there's no video of that event.

I'll have videos for movement right after I park my car, usually for a few hours at most then there's no more videos. Even when I'm 100% sure there's been movement (either by me purposely, or cars missing in the car park I park in clearly visible on camera).

Even had instances where right at the point where it stops actually dumping videos the last video will have someone standing front of the car talking or a car mid park then just stops, even though clearly there's something moving Infront of the camera!

Tried changing SDCard and all that, still the same.

Is this a bug in the firmware? Some other way to fix it? Should I downgrade? Try something else?
I realize I can use low nitrate recording mode but I'd rather even detection tbh.

Thanks for any insights!

I've tried a variety, various Samsung/transcend/SanDisk cards.

Just to note, normal driving recording works perfectly, this only happens in park mode. I really can't see it as a card issue if it'll record hours and hours of driving without problems.

I upgraded to v1.9 (because of buffered parking more) and reset the camera to defaults aswell as formatted the card in the camera at the time, I only noticed this happening a few days ago.

That's why I thought about downgrading back to a previous firmware. Which version did they first add buffered parking mode?

Back