A129 taking normal, full res recordings while car is off.

THRILLHO

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just finished jamming my 129 Duo into my Mazda 3 hatch. Much more difficult job than the internet would have me believe, but a rewarding challenge. I'm positive that I tapped the right 2 circuits, as I tested at the fuze box multiple times with the car on, off, and in ACC. ACC wire is in a switched fuze, BATT is in a constant fuze.

I tested parking mode in time lapse - works fine. Turns off regular recording and goes to parking mode when car is turned off. Awesome.:cool:(y)
HOWEVER, I decided to test event detection last night and the car switched between regular mode and parking mode almost ALL NIGHT.

Regular mode continued recording for several hours after the car was turned off. When it began snowing, parking mode kicked in as intended for a few hours, probably detecting the movement. However, once the snow covered my windows, regular mode turned back on, despite, again, the car being off. Ultimately, for about 13 hours, the car recorded almost continuously, switching between parking mode and the regular mode.
The record looks something like this:

12:08 AM - Camera inserted into car. Car off. Cam records continuously in "normal" mode until 1:55.
1:56 AM - Parking mode activates, probably due to snow, until windows almost completely covered at 2:57 AM.
3:00 AM - Regular, full res recording turns back on until 7:12.
7:13 AM - Parking mode turns back on and records almost continuously until camera is removed from vehicle at 11:07.

Car starts just fine, so no harm done yet. But hopefully you good folks can help me determine why this is happening. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just finished jamming my 129 Duo into my Mazda 3 hatch. Much more difficult job than the internet would have me believe, but a rewarding challenge. I'm positive that I tapped the right 2 circuits, as I tested at the fuze box multiple times with the car on, off, and in ACC. ACC wire is in a switched fuze, BATT is in a constant fuze.

I tested parking mode in time lapse - works fine. Turns off regular recording and goes to parking mode when car is turned off. Awesome.:cool:(y)
HOWEVER, I decided to test event detection last night and the car switched between regular mode and parking mode almost ALL NIGHT.

Regular mode continued recording for several hours after the car was turned off. When it began snowing, parking mode kicked in as intended for a few hours, probably detecting the movement. However, once the snow covered my windows, regular mode turned back on, despite, again, the car being off. Ultimately, for about 13 hours, the car recorded almost continuously, switching between parking mode and the regular mode.

12:08 AM - Camera inserted into car. Car off. Cam records continuously in "normal" mode until 1:55.
1:56 AM - Parking mode activates, probably due to snow, until windows almost completely covered at 2:57 AM.
7:13 AM - Parking mode turns back on and records almost continuously until camera is removed from vehicle at 11:07.

Car starts just fine, so no harm done yet. But hopefully you good folks can help me determine why this is happening. Thanks!
Move to a warmer climate:cool:

Only thing that comes to mind is check your Acc fuse that it does not cycle power for some odd reason. Check +B is also permanently on while you’re there.

I’m guessing you are using the Viofo 3 wire kit? It can be really fussy I’ve found.

Would also advise to try a firmware reflash

Last edited:

Hi, did you find a solution to your problem? Would love to know. Cheers

Back