A129 versions

meanie2

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi! What is the meaning of A129-G, VIOFO A129-DG, VIOFO A129-D?

And how come on the website states:
Input DC5.0V/3.1A via mini USB

Same as this

But for this version is more expensive and states Input Power DC5.0V/1A

So how much power input is required?
And can it use m12 25mm lens like:
1-2-25mm-m12-lens-board-lens.jpg

Advise please. Thanks.

I think it's A129 single channel with GPS, A129 dual channel with GPS and A129 dual channel.

3.1A is what the charger is capable of outputting.

Give it a shot. The barrel is very short, so it may or may not focus.

I agree with @Harsh - they are GPS, Duo GPS and Duo models.

The A129 consumes less than 0.5A in use, so a 1A charger should be fine.

As Harsh says, the lens holder is rather short, so you may require an M12 extender to fit a 25mm lens to get the required BFL. The lens will also move up and down easily due to its self-weight, which will be very noticeable on a 25mm lens. You will need a locking collar. The existing lens has a collar and is also glued into place.

I replaced an A129 lens with a Mobius C2 lens for a wider FOV, which required cutting back the plastic around the lens. This will not be a problem for the 25mm.

When I installed my A129 I used the car charger for my Samsung mobile phone. I forgot to replace it with the Viofo charger so for the last 2 weeks the dash cam is working on a Samsung Fast Charging power dongle. It works OK even when on the second port of the charger I actually charge my phone.

When I installed my A129 I used the car charger for my Samsung mobile phone. I forgot to replace it with the Viofo charger so for the last 2 weeks the dash cam is working on a Samsung Fast Charging power dongle. It works OK even when on the second port of the charger I actually charge my phone.
Does the cigarette lighter charger(I assume) outputs 2.1A or 1A? Thanks.

Does the cigarette lighter charger(I assume) outputs 2.1A or 1A? Thanks.
It's standard 12V plug inside the arm rest. The charger is a Samsung Fast Charger one and I think it can provide well over 2 amps

Back