A129 Video artifacts

Separate topic just glanced through the specs... How is the transfer rate so slow on these if they’re using 802.11N/AC?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know. I got 2:15 for a 3 minute 380MB file on the 5GHz band with a G5S Plus. Speed in all probability will vary from device to device, will check how long it takes with my iPhone.

iPhone 6s (IOS 11.4.1) - 5GHz consistently downloads a 3 minute 380MB file in 2:00 - 2:05 seconds. 2.4GHz is not so consistent, takes anywhere between 2:45 to 3:15. Playback over Wi-Fi doesn't buffer on either band.

Tested the G5S Plus on the 2.4GHz band, took 1:40, yes 1:40 and no buffering while playback over Wi-Fi. 5GHz took 2:30 today and kept buffering intermittently during playback over Wi-Fi (just like in the Wi-Fi + app support video).

The phone and camera were about 6 inches apart. Will do a more realistic test with a distance of about a metre away.

I am also having the same issue with bitrate. I can confirm that if you turn off the wifi, the bitrate is double. 1 min recording is about 125MB.
Setting the bitrate to high if you want to capture details.

However overall the quality of the capture is not quite on par with some of the video I saw on the youtube.

For example I have a 125MB rear camera recording during the night time, when I drove at the speed of 20-30km/h, with the video play on my laptop and I tried to pause to take a look at those car number plate park beside the road (distance is very near), I cannot see those number plate. It's blurred.
It's seem very hard to get the night time record and to zoom and look at the number plate. Is this a normal behavior ?

Even when I stopped a junction for a while and then motorbike came from the side, I tried to pause in my video play and check the number plate. I couldn't get the number plate read.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rf0i31actvvuc36/2018_0811_202335_019R.MP4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu3vh46isrgsvh5/2018_0811_202636_024F.MP4?dl=0

You're not going to catch licence plates of parked cars when you're moving at night, this is expected

You're not going to catch licence plates of parked cars when you're moving at night, this is expected

So there is no dashcam can do that ? Sorry I am just asking since I am using dashcam for the first time in my 20+ years of driving.

No current consumer level dashcam is going to do that, spending more money wouldn't have given you any different results for this

No current consumer level dashcam is going to do that, spending more money wouldn't have given you any different results for this

OK thank you very much. Noted on that. Invested in A129 duo because of the Dual IMX291 sensors + Novatek chip + super capacitor.
I purchase mine that come with GPS module for free. May be the cost was already added up to it.

Will continue to play around and feedback on this forum. Good one.

OK thank you very much. Noted on that. Invested in A129 duo because of the Dual IMX291 sensors + Novatek chip + super capacitor.
I purchase mine that come with GPS module for free. May be the cost was already added up to it.

Will continue to play around and feedback on this forum. Good one.
The problem is motion blur due to long exposure times, even a Canon DSLR would need a flashgun, might be possible with military technology but not at reasonable price or in a reasonably sized camera.

Back