A129

Airborne

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
If I purchase this camera will it be updated already. I been reading the forum most of the day and so much stuff to learn. I see this camera was updated with a parking mode.
How does one know if the camera has the latest programs?. I read on here before down loading any new programs to check the dashcam first.
I went to the rules and deleted my link as I read that is a no no. I am new and hope to enjoy this forum in the present. I am willing to donate if it will help keep it afloat.
After reading a bit about this camera my head really hurts now.lol. Some of the info I need was covered already so I am learning the search mode

Last edited:
Welcome @airboune
This link and youtube will give you most of your answers.
Some basic points to help.
If you purchase the A129 Duo you will get a front dash camera and a rear camera that connects to the front dash cam.
This unit can work with the supplied aux power port/ cigarette lighter socket.
You could attach the 3 wire kit usually an extra purchase but increases the functions like parking mode and the car being bumped into being recorded.
The 3 wire kit can be connected by connecting the wires to the Relevant fuses in your fuse box. The power use is so low that it has minimum load in the wires in the fuse box it's not worth worrying about.
The A129 Duo front and back camera are HD recording with great quality. Apparently soon a 4K unit will be released that looks identical.

Regarding the firmware etc of course check the cam works first that is standard practice and read the included booklet.
Install unit and then run the wifi program which will update the dash cam if you say yes.

Hope that helps a little.

If I purchase this camera will it be updated already. I been reading the forum most of the day and so much stuff to learn. I see this camera was updated with a parking mode.
How does one know if the camera has the latest programs?. I read on here before down loading any new programs to check the dashcam first.
I went to the rules and deleted my link as I read that is a no no. I am new and hope to enjoy this forum in the present. I am willing to donate if it will help keep it afloat.
After reading a bit about this camera my head really hurts now.lol. Some of the info I need was covered already so I am learning the search mode

1.9 is newest version of firmware. Simply format the sd card with camera, download newest firmware to the memory card video a pc, plug back into camera. It'll auto update.

1.5 works fine... 1.9 adds buffered parking mode... Which I'd never use. Best bet is to buy a 128-256GB memory card and use low bitrate recording. This setting records live video, just at a lesser quality. Far better than "motion activated" with a buffer to collect video before incident. Low bitrate captures everything....

Back