A129pro duo overheating and reliability?

I have been using a129 pro for 4 years.
What you are talking about is recording 4k of a vehicle parked in the garage. In this case, your vehicle must be in parking mode. A stationary vehicle gets hotter. For this reason, the image quality drops to 2k in parking mode. This prevents overheating and saves energy and data.

To give an example, during my 3 hours of continuous driving at 40°C, 6 hours of parking in the sun, and then 3 hours of driving at 35°C, all recordings were smooth. By the way, I experienced this with a 512 GB card.

The cameras are designed to not pose a danger of overheating. When it gets too hot, it may shut down. This is to prevent possible negative situations.

However, if there is a situation that you are hesitant about, that is, if you want to take precautions when the temperature is very extreme, lowering the recording quality and lowering the resolution may be an additional solution. this will make you feel better.
Did you check you have smooth recordings from the parking mode you mentioned? If the camera is restarting as an overheat protection, there will be some data missing.

If there is an option to set 1080p during parking mode and 4k during driving, I have no problem. I bought this camera as the direct replacement (without replacing the cables) of A129 Duo, which was great. There is no reason for me to buy Pro version and use it for the same quality as I had with non-Pro version.

Did you check you have smooth recordings from the parking mode you mentioned? If the camera is restarting as an overheat protection, there will be some data missing.

If there is an option to set 1080p during parking mode and 4k during driving, I have no problem. I bought this camera as the direct replacement (without replacing the cables) of A129 Duo, which was great. There is no reason for me to buy Pro version and use it for the same quality as I had with non-Pro version.
When used with the hardware kit, it was previously recording in 4k in parking mode. Later, with the suggestion of users who were hesitant like everyone else, parking code HD registration was implemented. Then it continues as 2k in parking mode as there is no performance problem.

Of course, you may want 4K recording to run continuously. We adjust our air conditioning for a safe ride while driving. We can indirectly predict that it will lower the temperature to the ideal temperature for camera work.

The camera should be turned off in extreme heat, that is, outside the operating temperature range of the camera. If it is not turned off, it may be preferable to lose data as your vehicle, which you will take security measures for, will burn.

As a result, I think there will be no problem if you have a recommended memory card and use a parking mode with the Hardware kit. By the way, if there is 4K recording and a rear camera, it is necessary to use a high capacity endurance card for data recording.
However, voicing the negativities and producing alternative solutions is a more secure solution.

Is the 2k parking mode with 60 fps or 30? I need to test the consumption. I use external battery during the parking mode. The difference between A129 Duo and A129 Pro Duo was 34 hours and 23 hours. Significant difference.

When thermal protection is triggered, is the camera turned off or restarted?

The endurance memory card has the same temperature limit. I have checked samsung.

Which memory card do you use?

If you choose a low recording in parking mode, it will record at 2k 30fps.

It will not work properly without the hardware kit.
Recording with external power causes both heat and extra data recording. thus reducing recording time.

Considering that the A129 records in FHD, it is inevitable that the time will decrease when the A129 Pro records in QHD or UHD.

Since my camera did not turn off, I did not experience whether it turned on again.

I use Samsung 256 GB EVO.

What if I choose FHD recording? Will the parking mode record in 2k or the same as normal mode?
Which memory card do you use?

If you choose a low recording in parking mode, it will record at 2k 30fps.

It will not work properly without the hardware kit.
Recording with external power causes both heat and extra data recording. thus reducing recording time.

Considering that the A129 records in FHD, it is inevitable that the time will decrease when the A129 Pro records in QHD or UHD.

Since my camera did not turn off, I did not experience whether it turned on again.

I use Samsung 256 GB EVO.

What if I choose FHD recording? Will the parking mode record in 2k or the same as normal mode?
The card you are using has 4 models. The first one to appear is red "+", the next red plus, then red plus and finally white plus.

viofo only works with the red plus in the second row.
Problems may occur with others. and viofo states this in the list of cards it does not recommend.
MYr_mcHQRbNkRlBIjLNsYexif3vcXqVuzQ.jpeg

Now, if you are using an external power supply, I do not recommend using it with parking mode. because it may not work stably. For this reason, it is better to choose high quality at every driving moment and the lowest quality and lowest resolution if you have a long parking situation.

If you choose parking mode with the parking kit and the resolution is FHD, it records in 2k when the ignition is turned off. On a 4k sensor there should be at least 2k. Otherwise, it makes no sense to switch to the pro model.

The card you are using has 4 models. The first one to appear is red "+", the next red plus, then red plus and finally white plus.

Problems may occur with others. and viofo states this in the list of cards it does not recommend.

Now, if you are using an external power supply, I do not recommend using it with parking mode. because it may not work stably. For this reason, it is better to choose high quality at every driving moment and the lowest quality and lowest resolution if you have a long parking situation.

If you choose parking mode with the parking kit and the resolution is FHD, it records in 2k when the ignition is turned off. On a 4k sensor there should be at least 2k. Otherwise, it makes no sense to switch to the pro model.
Ok, so the only oficially recommended card is the "SanDisk Extreme PLUS" (the last one in the second row). I have the green one with capacity 256 GB. I have never had problems with it but it is good to know there should be another card. Does the A129 Pro supports higher capacity than 256? I am interested in 512.

The A129 Duo seemed to be stable when using parking mode with the external power supply (cellink neo 9). I don't know if it is clear but I use hardwire kit as well (the third version). I have been using the camera since january 2019, i.e. almost 5 years.

If I understand you well, I cannot choose the resolution in parking mode. It is 2k all the time. It is a pity. I would prefer FHD. It would save the batterry, extend the recording time and also lower the probablity of overheating. During driving mode, I have lots of power and there is normal temperature in the cabin so I can choose 4k.

Ok, so the only oficially recommended card is the "SanDisk Extreme PLUS" (the last one in the second row). I have the green one with capacity 256 GB. I have never had problems with it but it is good to know there should be another card. Does the A129 Pro supports higher capacity than 256? I am interested in 512.

The A129 Duo seemed to be stable when using parking mode with the external power supply (cellink neo 9). I don't know if it is clear but I use hardwire kit as well (the third version). I have been using the camera since january 2019, i.e. almost 5 years.

If I understand you well, I cannot choose the resolution in parking mode. It is 2k all the time. It is a pity. I would prefer FHD. It would save the batterry, extend the recording time and also lower the probablity of overheating. During driving mode, I have lots of power and there is normal temperature in the cabin so I can choose 4k.

evo select can work normally. It was recommended before. It is no longer recommended because some users experienced problems. In other words, the other factor that makes this not recommended is that there are new types of cameras. The following cards are recommended as 512 GB. these cards. a129 pro also works.
2zxZGhQVBoZ91vIQ6b-VCbZaSIQyb1TBog.jpeg

The situation is different if you have a battery pack made for a dash camera connected to the hardware.
This means that when you turn off the ignition it will go into park mode.
Yes, for now, if you choose low bit audio recording parking mode, it will record 2k. In fact, their dimensions are quite small. FHD has been tried before. When recording in FHD on a 4K sensor, the image is slightly distorted. especially in low bit audio parking recording.

Instead of saving more data, I think it is better to expand space by using a high capacity memory card.

Ok, so the only oficially recommended card is the "SanDisk Extreme PLUS" (the last one in the second row). I have the green one with capacity 256 GB.
Just checking you realise the first line of cards is the recommend cards Viofo suggest.
The first row is the recommended Cards eg Viofo, SanDisk Extreme (not the Plus), SanDisk Max Endurance.

Not recommended.

You may find many other brands will work BUT Viofo is saying they know the cards they suggest have been tested to work.
If you have trouble with the dashcam regardless of model you may find they will ask you to try one of the recommended cards to help reduce the possible causes.

Thanks for the recommendation. I had a problem with the Sansung Evo 256 GB. The Viofo A129 Pro didn't recording sometimes. The LED light was flashing quickly. I had to press the record button to start recording manually. I bought the SanDisk Extreme 512 GB and it works like a charm.

The A129 Pro cameras I have are set to motion detect mode. When they don't detect any motion, they don't record any video, and the LEDs flash quickly.
Are you sure you don't have something wrong in the settings?

The A129 Pro cameras I have are set to motion detect mode. When they don't detect any motion, they don't record any video, and the LEDs flash quickly.
Are you sure you don't have something wrong in the settings?
Yes, I am sure. It was flashing during driving the car and I could see there is not parking mode on the display. Parking mode is set to Low bitrate mode and its detection works great.

Yes, I am sure. It was flashing during driving the car and I could see there is not parking mode on the display. Parking mode is set to Low bitrate mode and its detection works great.
The only time I have had the camera not record while driving is when I had enabled the parking mode, but did not have a hardwire setup in my car. Turning of the parking mode in the menu fixed this issue.

Back