A129Pro Hardwire Kit?

alarum_78

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Have an A129Pro on order, just want to verify the VIOFO HK3 kit works with the new cam?

Thanks

I just installed mine with a Power Magic Pro that I had sitting around, seems to be working just fine for parking mode.

it will only do the two wire parking modes so it will rely on lack of movement etc to switch modes

How so? PMP is a 3 wire kit. I have it wired up the same exact way the Viofo 3 wire kit would be. What am I missing?

How so? PMP is a 3 wire kit. I have it wired up the same exact way the Viofo 3 wire kit would be. What am I missing?
PMP is three wires in, two wires out, the Viofo kit is three wires in and out, there's a control wire to the camera to change modes which you don't have in your current setup

Ah, okay. That makes sense, thank you. Off to order Viofo's kit.

Edit: Received my Viofo 3 wire kit in the mail. The construction is -alot- beefier than Power Magic Pro, thicker gauge wire and a ground terminal that will actually fit around a standard car bolt.

Last edited:
So from what I have read you should use a 2-5amp fuse with the VIOFO hardwire kit. The lowest VA fuse I have is a 7.5 any harm in running a 7.5 instead of the 5amp or lower?

I think 7.5A is the maximum you should use, I'd certainly be happy to use it for a while until I got a lower value.

The only risk is that if the wiring was to get damaged and short out on some metal, a lower value fuse will prevent a fire, a 7.5A probably will, a higher value wont.

So from what I have read you should use a 2-5amp fuse with the VIOFO hardwire kit. The lowest VA fuse I have is a 7.5 any harm in running a 7.5 instead of the 5amp or lower?
The 2-5A fuse recommendation is for the camera side of the fuse tap. You can tap into a larger fuse in the fuse box. Did your fuse taps not come with fuses?

I'm confused. At the Car fuse box there are fuses 7.5 - 30A. The Add a fuse came with 10A and 20A fuses. The 3 wire hardware kit has no fuse unless it is inside of the battery cut off selector I got the Viofo hardwire kit. The camera has no fuse either as far as I am aware.

You will have to buy your own fuse for the fuse tap, unless you're okay with 10A or 20A(don't use those). I am running 3A fuses. Head over to the auto parts store, just make sure to buy the right fuse type and size for your fuse tap.

Well my concern is the car side. Don't I need to run a fuse the same amperage as what in the car or can I run lower?

Yes, run the same fuse that came out of the fuse block on the fuse tap, with the added circuit(wire going to the hard-wire kit) run the 3A.

For example, my accessory wire I used the PWR1 slot on my fuse block, it's a 15A fuse that I reused in the tap and then added the 3A for the hard wire kit.

Thanks for the help Trueweltall, I finally understand, I'll go pick up a 2-3amp fuse tomorrow before I start installing.

Hey guys, I've got a Power Magic Pro for my current Blackvue dashcam. Can I still use this with the A129 Pro? Is the only downside that the A129 has to change to parking mode based on non-movement? I like the timing cut-off feature of the powermagic pro (after x number of hours).

The HK3 kit just shuts off based on voltage, right? So it'd be recording 24/7 if it was just parked in my garage - wouldn't that drain the battery to the minimum cut-off voltage each time then?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've got a Power Magic Pro for my current Blackvue dashcam. Can I still use this with the A129 Pro? Is the only downside that the A129 has to change to parking mode based on non-movement? I like the timing cut-off feature of the powermagic pro (after x number of hours).

The HK3 kit just shuts off based on voltage, right? So it'd be recording 24/7 if it was just parked in my garage - wouldn't that drain the battery to the minimum cut-off voltage each time then?
Correct on everything, however if you park in your garage you can turn the camera off by long pressing the power (menu) button, and if using the HK3 then it will automatically restart when you next start the engine. With the PMP, I'm not sure how you could be sure that it would record your next drive if you turned it off, so you would have to let it partially drain your battery every time you park in your garage.

I'm using mine without the HK3 and the switch to parking mode and back seems to work well, not using a PMP though.

I just ordered a HK3 kit with Mini fuse taps from @CaptureYourAction on Amazon. The kit is supposed to come with two 5A fuses.

This is a picture of my fuse box, and the two recommended fuse slots to use are highlighted:

4acf020899d82dca02a8e8c144a77e0d.jpg

The always-on slot is empty, so should I put the supplied 5A fuse in the first slot of the Add-a-Fuse? And for the ACC slot, I need to put the existing 10A fuse into the first slot of the Add-a-Fuse and the supplied 5A fuse into the second slot, right?

Put both your new fuses into the top slots, and both the original fuses in the bottom slots.
If the original fuse holder is empty then leave the bottom slot empty.

Put both your new fuses into the top slots, and both the original fuses in the bottom slots.
If the original fuse holder is empty then leave the bottom slot empty.

Got it — I will try it that way first. I thought that the top slot in a fuse tap won't work if the bottom slot was empty, but I guess that's not correct.

Just to confirm, there won't be any issues with different fuse sizes on the ACC fuse tap (10A on bottom, 5A on top), right?

Back