A129Pro Power issue.

AlexTan

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129Pro Duo A129 IR Duo A119 A119S A118C & Dome GS98C
My A129Pro has power issues. It cannot be power On if the power cable is connected on the mount, but it can be power On if the power cable connects to the side of the dash cam.

I have tried using other unit, my A129 to test. A129 can be power On either way, but my A129Pro, cannot be power On, on the mount.
It was running fine before this happened.

Anyone has this problem before?

Does it power on if you put it on an A129 mount? If so then it must be the mount that is at fault.

There have been a few mounts replaced, so a faulty mount is a possibility.

Does it power on if you put it on an A129 mount? If so then it must be the mount that is at fault.

There have been a few mounts replaced, so a faulty mount is a possibility.
Tried on A129 mount. The A129Pro does not power on also.

Last edited:
With the power at the side, and plugged into the GPS mount, does the GPS work? (With no power plugged into the GPS module)

Looks like a warranty issue, not much you can do except maybe clean the contacts on the mount connection. Do the contacts all look good?

Do you remove it from the mount every day or only occasionally?

With the power at the side, and plugged into the GPS mount, does the GPS work? (With no power plugged into the GPS module)

Looks like a warranty issue, not much you can do except maybe clean the contacts on the mount connection. Do the contacts all look good?

Do you remove it from the mount every day or only occasionally?
No GPS detection also with the power On the side with A129 GPS mount. The A129Pro contacts looks good, and no I do not remove it everyday. Only when there is a firmware updates.

Before this happened, the unit was having multiples restarting and finally it gave up. So currently, it only can be power On, on the side power.

Maybe there is a broken cable or plug not plugged in properly inside the camera.
Should be a warranty issue, might be possible to fix it yourself by opening the camera, but you should discuss it with the supplier first, or Viofo Support if the supplier doesn't help.

It is not a common problem, but there will always be an occasional issue with all manufacturers.

Alright.
I've contacted Viofo Support 2days ago. I'm still waiting for their reply.
@viofo @VIOFO-Support

The issue will likely be the connections on the back of the A129 Pro. I have replaced a few for this exact reason. Just contact your seller for warranty replacement.

Viofo responded to my issue via emails, and they will send me a replacement A129pro head unit and at the same time, I have to return the faulty unit to them.(y)

I think that I have this same problem. I have a A129 Pro and it will not power on if the power is connected to the GPS mount. It will momentarily illuminate the first Red LED, and then just shutdown. If I move power connection to the side of the A129 Pro, it will power up, but will be missing the GPS info. I purchased another GPS mount from Amazon and tried it and got the same results. So it looks like the problem is in the A129.

I think that I have this same problem. I have a A129 Pro and it will not power on if the power is connected to the GPS mount. It will momentarily illuminate the first Red LED, and then just shutdown. If I move power connection to the side of the A129 Pro, it will power up, but will be missing the GPS info. I purchased another GPS mount from Amazon and tried it and got the same results. So it looks like the problem is in the A129.
If your A129 Pro is still in warranty, please email support@viofo.com or submit a ticket from here. Our customer support will help you with this problem.

Kinda scary when read others having the same issues with power.

My A129 dual pro had been working great for 1 yr.....it's also hardwired.

Suddenly, I had no power when plugged into the GPS mount.
So I bought a new mount....still no power from GPS.
Then when I plug into the camera, It started not powering up after a week...then it would power up only when plugged in halfway...to the point right now where I have to power at all, unless I use the 12v lighter source.

I suspect a bad HWK.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Kinda scary when read others having the same issues with power.

My A129 dual pro had been working great for 1 yr.....it's also hardwired.

Suddenly, I had no power when plugged into the GPS mount.
So I bought a new mount....still no power from GPS.
Then when I plug into the camera, It started not powering up after a week...then it would power up only when plugged in halfway...to the point right now where I have to power at all, unless I use the 12v lighter source.

I suspect a bad HWK.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That's what I'm thinking too if there is no problem when powering through the car charger. I recommend you contact our customer support for a replacement in the above manners.

So, I made an account on here as I had a similar issue with my Viofo A129 Pro Duo, which also stopped working and since it's out of warranty I have to pay $30 + shipping to China. I currently don't have the money to do that and frankly, its disappointing to have a dashcam fail right outside warranty. This is making me reconsider buying VIOFO cameras.

Since I had nothing to lose, I decided to take it apart. Unfortunately the A129 Pro Duo seems to have a weak point for such a well built dashcam inside (intentional maybe?), it appears that the ribbon power cable inside the camera is not rated for the current draw of the A129 Pro + the rear camera. The ribbon connectors melt at the contact point. You can see the darkened pin at the connector and the burnt pin on the cable
VHIkRS8LEySr8EXhX2FzEnRFv-jG9O0x61WIzzEdRumYuHZPwQnCy3kqUFiMDjSSjYp8qk_Yhdz8yUksNfLLP9hWmYSZ0l16RnmlvO7ojY8zK4yc_FHUhIkngfDbkb-lS1MdqVkv70oKH09_jHYC66qEX9FOXzAcAsafOwPlv3toFsMcpHi1HL_sD9FetgCaGoW6OsCGyYY2Ss8sL6Hulr9IZd27c1DHomzAQ1ExDcbGqXK5gKkx9tPeXBNSFnsObJ2Tta5jXQZ5KOYowjuGR5gr9ze8_NzQGTt6XKNe0uW7_CCU2tJxGtA4ntPRsghWd-4HRoioQiv19VaoBlofEnUDCjLfPB_55I0bBeiWBf4oaeh-aCdOeZEwqItU8Xm1QYInZ9EJpwOgi_oXVeKL_MSKjGQtgH3mlgsf73WQR9u5N7a2BA4e8__FUYWemNrIpy_ZTva5gJBrUwASptnMMbxTV0_uVUVy8xNdbiDoXXk_XkKXiBk5Xf8AD9nPyvvQquvFCtK3q-d70UrXmGgX99F2BgpLzLeUPJ0_j5pzgdNsa3E8f3LpAxBv1vq0ctBu834uendRMe4NlPRWeBiZzpUXEAtUyUkaSlpZFiyz0CTUS2WSklMcnOtlNoIwowBjgBUDoQ3k0TzB4qCACu3_-t_yNMLdYb08dLbc9gb8_d5PwTUjn8cszMvy-Qyde2GmRBveTWAdzxNttIfRrJA=w997-h1329-no
_iTJeeGyLuFuIXf0m56Jr48Wk6-avblpEhu0ZiPQjok2-4WMLVhCd5yrjmmBgletiOGpSRbe7yTpidEKblo0uAEvXDVm9hMvTxHCalbkAvJWy0z7w3EBLuxW7brg7TrOgNWun5UC7XYWokSk0uL9eWc3L0VSFSFqwwco2jgBP79ULIrwkelJ22728DYmgV2FqTsZCSHAc4fjDgNIu6zmKaWMwhmFKNUC9Wp5aE9bRa34vInxTrtTYbevfzhO8J-ZQbK6o5uF4GhudJ5SllV0x61F_K5yD8mbV6oyiMlYSzUgPHqUUtOGyZOQUd7JdyT_5S5FK93h3yVmeKLl3ggzNVTfR5ERiBOdKFQBdrvgESDbEluAE1iEJ9-R_CzwjF4DLwINLOlyY9YYw9X4Y3xR3qvsllgXLvKYtpsSbGX06TJgyKqWXJKJnWmdXeVGUgN7jB9Kc639kFrqf048cGPTJewHO2qP7ZdibFTAffMHg0yBToKCWgpO0yRQPC-4rIFSk5-H-T4Z9YNlinGmGxo6CXigHMPr4d50mABLGXKaoV4A9IwwudVxGaOvJhxrtpffKqp4ojJWXIQ84Bms_TdtaVgmo3jOanM-L87k8RY8N-ojtYxRMIl2cB7YquQhpLmiuQI1ga1tTPKAyJDaRpQnDSQSXFTdwk_NKLfeP5hQ1EJc7yittgsttHndnhE016jbwa5lfYVNeE1TVBS23CQ=w997-h1329-no

I forgot to take photos of the other side but the pins on the other side are also heavily oxidized, meaning that the cable at the connector must have gotten pretty hot (probably running during summer).

Back