A129ProDuo warms up and reboots

Brunor

Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
It's not six months since the purchase. About a week ago, he started sometimes suspending the recording. Today, it restarts every few minutes and sometimes asks to format the memory card. It turned out to be very hot. Even a piece of the case must have fallen off the temperature.
Can I throw it away? Is there a chance to repair/change to Ali?
And most importantly. How often do these problems occur? Does it make sense to change to the same wire so that you don't drag the wires?

Weird, i'm seeing pretty similar behaviour last few days (my unit is a bit older). I'm about to do some further inspection on the weekend.

I didn't think it could be related. It's his own. I'll try another one.

It didn't work. With the new memory card also warms.

I have 1.1 firmware installed, as on that page. The memory card is native, and tried t&g.
I used to check for a health registrar.

So the issue still persists? In that case, you'd want to file a warranty claim for the camera.

I tested it on another card and turned it off. I'm afraid of being left unattended.
Bought on ali in the official store. Wrote them. They said overheating protection was normal. But there's about 10 Celsius outside.

The Chinese said to lower the permit. Reboot stopped, but still hot. Please tell me what other settings affect the heating and their optimality in terms of quality/heating. How do you put compression, codec?

Btw: So for me, probably the GPS mount is the culprit. I have to confirm that but at least for now two days without issues when i plugged the power straight into dashcam (still connected to the mount though).

I think if the issue goes away by plugging directly into the camera, the issue may be with the connection on the back of the camera and not the GPS. I've had a couple cameras come back with this issue.

I tested it on another card and turned it off. I'm afraid of being left unattended.
Bought on ali in the official store. Wrote them. They said overheating protection was normal. But there's about 10 Celsius outside.
Do you use the original car charger?

You can try to choose 2K + FHD recording.

I think if the issue goes away by plugging directly into the camera, the issue may be with the connection on the back of the camera and not the GPS. I've had a couple cameras come back with this issue.
It worked without issues for about 6 months. Both connectors(means the slide one on the mount and on dashcam) are nice and clean and GPS itself works without issue while plugged in the dashcam. Power supply and miniUSB power cable are the same. I just haven’t checked internals in the mount because i don’t want to rip it off the windshield.
So for me, either one of the connectors had bad connection inside from the beginning and flowing current done the rest of the job or one of the components inside failed (but i doubt there is anything between).

It worked without issues for about 6 months. Both connectors(means the slide one on the mount and on dashcam) are nice and clean and GPS itself works without issue while plugged in the dashcam. Power supply and miniUSB power cable are the same. I just haven’t checked internals in the mount because i don’t want to rip it off the windshield.
So for me, either one of the connectors had bad connection inside from the beginning and flowing current done the rest of the job or one of the components inside failed (but i doubt there is anything between).
Not a GPS mount issue, it is the camera. My Pro camera stopped powering up with the GPS mount but would work with the power cable directly plugged into the camera. Tried 2 other GPS mounts (a friend's and a new one sent from Viofo), and camera would not power up. Returned the camera under warranty and plugged the new camera into the old GPS mount, and the camera worked. Not sure if my setup with the hardwired Cellink Neo battery is maybe creating "dirty power" through the GPS mount to the camera where it is F'ing up the camera. We'll see how the new camera works; I went ahead and am using the new GPS mount provided with the replacement cam just in case. BTW, running with the V1.1 FW available via Viofo's support site.

V1.1 and earlier have power problems when powered from the GPS mount. The problem seemed to have been fixed in V1.2

1.2T2 20191029

1.2ACC 20191101

Reactions: gse
@Brunor should definitely try that. I'm using 1.2T2 few months.

EDIT: Well actually, now i'm not sure if it wasn't ACC - to make sure it's not firmware related i reflashed the firmware a week ago(definitely used T2 now). Doesn't matter, when i try to use the mount, it can't handle a single day (there is also a deep buzzing noise in a footage before it starts to failing).

Last edited:
This time rode with the back camera disconnected. I took the camera out today. Probably a little thermopaste and taped air vents.

Attachments

• IMG_20200523_182752.jpg
    IMG_20200523_182752.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20200523_182813.jpg
    IMG_20200523_182813.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20200523_182907.jpg
    IMG_20200523_182907.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200523_182913.jpg
    IMG_20200523_182913.jpg