A139 App Connection Issues

Lon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm starting to fall out of love with my new A139!!

For some reason, I can no longer connect to the cam via the app. It's been fine for a few days in Wifi Station mode but I wanted to update some setting so did the following;
- long press on wifi to turn off station mode
- long press on wifi to turn back on - it reported 'Wifi on' with blinking blue light
- connected my phone wifi to the cam - it reported that 'Wifi Connected' with solid blue light
- opened the app, clicked 'Connect your camera' and it took me to the guide

I've tried numerous times to no avail. I've deleted and reinstalled the app. I've reset the wifi settings (long press on yellow and wifi). I've even tried to reset to factory defaults (dont think this worked and cant find any instructions other than 'press reset button'!

Are things normally this 'flakey' or am I just a muppet??

What device you have?

Have you tried to turn off mobile data connection? (not the final solution, just diagnostic) E.g. Samsung's phones are kinda snowflakes in terms of Wifi "quality"...

What device you have?

Have you tried to turn off mobile data connection? (not the final solution, just diagnostic) E.g. Samsung's phones are kinda snowflakes in terms of Wifi "quality"...
Thank Nath. Its a Huawei Mate 20 Pro. It has been playing up a bit on 4g so will give my wife's Motorola a go. Thank for the pointer.

What device you have?

Weirdly, when I rebooted my phone and got back on 4G, I was able to connect to the cam!

Probably a mDNS caching issue. Glad it is fixed.

Reactions: Lon
Back