A139 broken motion detection

kalzan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,

I just discovered something weird with motion detection/buffered parking mode (FW 1.7_0218).

I have motion detection set to low setting and when only one channel is operating (front camera), everything works as expected but when I connect rear camera, I suddenly start getting tons of false recordings from both cameras (front & rear).
Rear camera is pointing a wall (~50cm away) located in my underground garage without any motions, shadows or lights that would normally trigger recordings.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks.

Hi,

I just discovered something weird with motion detection/buffered parking mode (FW 1.7_0218).

I have motion detection set to low setting and when only one channel is operating (front camera), everything works as expected but when I connect rear camera, I suddenly start getting tons of false recordings from both cameras (front & rear).
Rear camera is pointing a wall (~50cm away) located in my underground garage without any motions, shadows or lights that would normally trigger recordings.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks.

Lights bouncing from the wall in the underground garage may be strobing causing the camera to trigger.
Slow the video footage down to see if the video changes slightly in brightness.

I noticed this in a test unit of the T130. At night while driving the rear camera was strobing under the street lights.
The front camera didn't do it.

It often take so very little to trigger motion recordings in pretty much any brand dashcam, hence why most are reluctant to recommend that for parking mode.

Lights bouncing from the wall in the underground garage may be strobing causing the camera to trigger.
Slow the video footage down to see if the video changes slightly in brightness.

I noticed this in a test unit of the T130. At night while driving the rear camera was strobing under the street lights.
The front camera didn't do it.
It's pitch black.

Back