A139 Cable / Connector Type?

I got the cable and installed it.
The rear camera does not rest on the heating conductors and it pleases!
There are no deviations in the video
Lol, how many cameras do you need. Ordering my cable too, the interior camera cable is like horribly short, going to put interior cam near dome light :). I am camera shy i guess :).

How is the cable working btw, any weirdness from camera ?
PS: That 90 degree angle idea is neat, Viofo should do that.

PS: That 90 degree angle idea is neat, Viofo should do that.
Viofo does that, you just have to ask while purchasing. ;)

At least they used to. I'm just wondering whether you need also to mention that you don't want the newer design, which is more prone for connectivity issues, or whether it's fixed, ready and available for purchase.

Last edited:
I will replace the power cable with a magnetic one, I often shoot DVR, so it will be so!
DVR with this cable works from PC USB as a card reader!!(y)

Attachments

• 1 (1).JPG
    1 (1).JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 1 (2).JPG
    1 (2).JPG
    269 KB · Views: 24
  • 1 (3).JPG
    1 (3).JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 1 (4).JPG
    1 (4).JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Do any of you think this cable type has any restrictions on proximity to power cables or wiring looms (such as electromagnetic fields)?

I am on my 3rd A139 and still have problems with the 2 ch setup. Most recently, I replaced the front camera, rear camera and rear-camera cable and STILL have issues with the rear camera dropping and the camera going into a constant reboot loop (two channel started.. one channel started... two channel started... one channel started.. over and over every few minutes).

I have installed multiple webcams over the years in many different cars and never had so many problems!

The only thing I can think of is I ran the A139 rear camera cable down the A-pillar next to an existing cable that runs from my rear-view mirror and the Viofo USB Cable. Once in the footwell I run it along the existing ECU wiring loom to the rear of the car. I was SUPER careful with all the wiring... did not bend anything harshly, kept the ends protected while running the wire, etc. I can only think maybe power/EMF emitted by the wiring loom is causing interference? I have no idea.. thoughts?

Last edited:
Do any of you think this cable type has any restrictions on proximity to power cables or wiring looms (such as electromagnetic fields)?
It is quite possible, especially if one of them is carrying a signal of similar frequency, maybe there is a GPS receiver in your mirror, or it is actually a cable to a shark fin antenna with a GPS or mobile data signal. It is unlikely that your replacements would have the same problem due to a fault in the replacements.

Proximity to power cables would not normally be an issue, it is data cables that may cause problems, although cables powering noisy equipment such as wiper motors can cause all sorts of problems, even to car electronics.

Since this thread has a wealth of knowledgeable participants, would anyone know if there is anything to be concerned about if I were to split a video feed? Specifically, I'd like to split the existing coax factory camera feed into a A139 pro while still maintaining the factory use of the camera.

@sdgenxr I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. You had me on "factory camera feed into a A139" but lost me on "factory use of the camera" - what do you mean by the last part? Like you want to connect the coaxial cable to the AV input of a display?

@Nath Thanks for the response! The camera currently is fed into a rearview mirror display in a Chevy Bolt (
). I'd like to be able to utilize both outputs of the camera feed at the same time, if possible. Would it be possible to split the existing coax so that it will provide a camera feed into both the dashcam and the rearview mirror display?

@sdgenxr Sorry for the late response. Well yes and no. If you literally mean "split it" then that won't be possible I'm afraid (simply put, it's digital communication, not just mere analog), BUT you should be able to use the AV output from the camera and only get the rear camera feed from it (should be possible to set the output via app or via HTTP API).

The question is, what standard Chevy Bolt rearview mirror uses for the input. Tbh, It doesn't look like an analog either.

The question is, what standard Chevy Bolt rearview mirror uses for the input. Tbh, It doesn't look like an analog either.
They use a Fakra A type connector. I've found someone to make a custom splitter and will report back what my findings are.

Back