If it also happens when you change other settings, the capacitor may be broken.
What you mean ? I get parking mode timer setting revert back to 3 hrs always, irrespective of what i set. You saying on my brand new unit i got capacitor issues ? What tests are there to check if capacitor is faulty ?

What you mean ? I get parking mode timer setting revert back to 3 hrs always, irrespective of what i set. You saying on my brand new unit i got capacitor issues ? What tests are there to check if capacitor is faulty ?

While camera is turned on and recording, remove the power cable. If the camera shuts off immediately, you've got a bad capacitor. If it stays lit a few seconds, and properly exits the file being written without corrupting it, then the Supercapacitor is fine.

Sorry for the wrong information given previously. We found that it was a problem with the android app.

While camera is turned on and recording, remove the power cable. If the camera shuts off immediately, you've got a bad capacitor. If it stays lit a few seconds, and properly exits the file being written without corrupting it, then the Supercapacitor is fine.
It makes a sound before turning off, but does not say recording stopped or anything like that, in all honesty i didnt really test to see if video file the last one before turning off camera is there or not. Wondering if its really hot or cold out there will supercapcitor work reliably or not . I had bought another camera before this, ToGaurd or something, and wow its supercacitor was really good, i could get like 10 mins of use after pulling cable easy, could even power it on after been off for two or 3 days. It would keep its charge it was crazy.

It makes a sound before turning off, but does not say recording stopped or anything like that, in all honesty i didnt really test to see if video file the last one before turning off camera is there or not. Wondering if its really hot or cold out there will supercapcitor work reliably or not . I had bought another camera before this, ToGaurd or something, and wow its supercacitor was really good, i could get like 10 mins of use after pulling cable easy, could even power it on after been off for two or 3 days. It would keep its charge it was crazy.

It won't say recording stopped. If you remove the power cable while the camera is on and recording, the lights should stay light for a few seconds before powering off. If the lights turn off immediately upon yanking power cable, then the SuperCapacitor is bad. If the lights stay on a few seconds, then the Supercapacitor is fine, and the camera will properly exit the last file being written.

Very easy test.

I had bought another camera before this, ToGaurd or something, and wow its supercacitor was really good, i could get like 10 mins of use after pulling cable easy, could even power it on after been off for two or 3 days. It would keep its charge it was crazy.
To me, that sounds like your previous dashcam had a battery, not a capacitor. You will not get 10 minutes run time off a capacitor.

When testing when it was very hot, mine would turn off instantly when power pulled. Otherwise it would shut down just fine.

When testing when it was very hot, mine would turn off instantly when power pulled. Otherwise it would shut down just fine.
Perhaps the A139 stops charging the capacitor when it is very hot?

In my case, the faulty one powered down instantly whether it was cold or warm upon losing power (pulling power cord) or hardwire kit triggering a shutdown. Corrupting the file being written at the time of power loss. Indicative of a bad supercapacitor.

Your issue is possibly different than anything I've seen. Or Maybe replicating the exact overheating issue I described in earlier threads.

If I recall correctly, when I caught the camera first overheating, it would freeze first and then shut down. Resulting in the last file being written corrupted.

Issues I've seen:

1. Overheat Shutdown - Last file being written = Corrupt
2. Power Loss (hardwire kit cutting power) - Last file being written = Corrupt. - Bad Supercap.

Perhaps the A139 stops charging the capacitor when it is very hot?

Per above, I've only seen similar behavior when the unit has frozen due to heat. If I recall from my earlier threads. Unit first freezes (presumably corrupting what was being written), then shuts off soon after due to overheating.

So I am wondering if his unit is actually still recording or has frozen solid.

So the question: Have you checked the videos leading up to the camera shutting off? Is there a gap in time between when the camera powered off and when it froze? Is the last file corrupt?

Which firmware with the station mode configuration is the more stable of all?

Guys, I don't know whether it's by a mistake or what but I installed A139 (basically my third unit :p ) in my brother's car with flashed v1.6_1008 firmware and Wifi turns on by itself on every startup. :geek:

Haven't installed HWK yet but I'm curious about it in parking mode, as well as whether it's possible to come up in StationMode.

This is the latest firmware V1.6 Beta:
The error of connecting to the computer has not been fixed, the indicator is on, but there is no connection.
It is very inconvenient to pull the card every time !!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
The error of connecting to the computer has not been fixed, the indicator is on, but there is no connection.
It is very inconvenient to pull the card every time !!
Do you mean there is no file message popped on the computer when connect to it? Please use the supplied short USB cable.

Back