Didn't (and still don't) have time to try it, but that seems correct. I'm still trying to come up with a naming system to use with all the different FW I have here. Just overwhelmed and confused when there's more than a couple versions...

Phil

Hi guys, I have now for 1 year the A139 3CH - I do not know what firmware, does it make sense to update the firmware? Is there "meaningful" work like maybe better picture quality? Problems with wifi etc. I do not have.

For myself, I corrected the HDR firmware, tomorrow check it on the car and show a movie, at home it’s always ok !!:)

Will be there ab app update for iOS so the hdr firmware will not Crash the app?

Will be there ab app update for iOS so the hdr firmware will not Crash the app?
In my firmware, yes, it works, but tomorrow I'll check it on a car.

In my firmware, yes, it works, but tomorrow I'll check it on a car.
Just be sure to disable 1 channel. As long as i have all 3 channel active i can still use the viofo app. But as soon as i disable the interieur channel it will crash on connect (with 3 channel HDR is deactivated btw).

Just be sure to disable 1 channel.
At home I have two cameras and everything works on the iPhone 7 Plus, but I can’t connect three cameras and check the firmware, it’s covered with snow and I can't approach the car !!:mad::)
P. S.
Works with the app on both iPhone and Android.

Last edited:
My test A139
F = 1440R_30_36
R = 1440_30_30

P. S.
Works with the app on both iPhone and Android.
What is working? I have 4 iPhones (2x XR, 11 Pro Max and 13) and the app is crashing on all phones as soon I deactivate the third channel. As Long all 3 channels are active it works but I cannot activate HDR.
With the last stable firmware from December the app didn’t crashed.

I am having some issues when I stop the recording in the app. The recording stops for a few seconds but then starts again without me doing anything. It makes no difference if it's stopped in the app or with the button on the camera.
Additionally, I cant change the sensitivity of the G-Sensor. If I change it, it's always back to the highest setting again. This causes many false alerts.
Using Firmware V1.6

I corrected the firmware, corrected the color balance of the two cameras, of course, when the weather is sunny, I can correct it, but as it is now, I like it!(y)
Youtube suddenly deleted my music, so I changed the video.

Last edited:
I am having some issues when I stop the recording in the app. The recording stops for a few seconds but then starts again without me doing anything. It makes no difference if it's stopped in the app or with the button on the camera.
Additionally, I cant change the sensitivity of the G-Sensor. If I change it, it's always back to the highest setting again. This causes many false alerts.
Using Firmware V1.6
The recording restarts issue is fixed in the latest firmware, we will release this firmware soon.
We haven't repeated the G-sensor issue, If you can share more details, it will help us to confirm.

The recording restarts issue is fixed in the latest firmware, we will release this firmware soon.
We haven't repeated the G-sensor issue, If you can share more details, it will help us to confirm.
I tried it again after some days and now it seems to work. I screen recorded the initial problem. I will send you a PM

Hi. I have the 2 ch A139 bought recently, and I saw that there supposed to be a GPS Geofencing (beta?) firmware. Now, I have the latest fw from the Viofo site, and on Android I can't see it. I'm at work for more than 8-9 hours, and I would not need "Parking Mode" there since is a private parking and it has cctv, so its safe there. I saw a Beta here that said it should have that, but the link is not working. I downloaded also v1.6_0721 supposedly beta, and also I have tested with the latest official. I'm on APP version 3.2.3. Can someone point me to the fw that has this option? Thank You.

Later EDIT:
A day later, and I tried getting a lower Android APP version ( with the latest firmware) and the Geofence seems to appear in Android version 3.2.0 . So now I just have to test it tomorrow in my car, if it works at all, since people say it deactivates itself.
I wish there would be an alternate to this, like a timer for WHEN parking mode should work, (ex: only between 8 PM and 8 AM parking mode should kick in). That would help my case since I need parking only at night at home basically, I don't know if that would be hard to implement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
The hours for parking mode to not work is not good in weekend.

The hours for parking mode to not work is not good in weekend.
It is true, but that could be solved via a calendar type, like an AC does for ex... Check SA SU off in the list of 7 days or something. But I see the point you made.

The Viofo camera menu is already too complicated and with too many options compared to other dashcams. Adding too many options to a product can add more possibilities for a failure.
A139 was not selling from the start with the Parking Geofencing feature, it was added later based on requests, so the A139 must not support this feature because it was not advertised when camera was launched. If Viofo removed this feature this means it was not working in some cases so they are avoiding upset people posting on forums for a feature which is not working.

A139 was not selling from the start with the Parking Geofencing feature, it was added later based on requests, so the A139 must not support this feature because it was not advertised when camera was launched.
No.
A139 was expected to get parking geofencing and HDR in later firmware updates.
It wasn't based on customers requests but on Viofo Support declarations.

Like with Voice notifications.
You say that it should not work well in languages not supported at camera launch?

A139 was not selling from the start with the Parking Geofencing feature, it was added later based on requests, so the A139 must not support this feature because it was not advertised when camera was launched. If Viofo removed this feature this means...
OK. I wasn't asking WHY we don't have that feature Now, I wasn't demanding anything, I just saw that there were talks about the feature and I wanted to try it out, but I couldn't figure it out how to do that. Then I just wrote that I found the feature in a lower apk version. I feel like You think I was demanding that feature. If is not working, that's OK, maybe in the future will. Cheers.

Back