I've just installed V1.0_1228, camera came with V1.0_1221, I've got android app 3.1.0 but don't seem to have options 'Enter Parking Mode Timer' and 'Parking Recording Timer'.
Does anyone know if this is Firmware or App related ?

Not sure if those changed with the new FW or not. I'll check shortly.

Phil

I installed the V1.0_1228 earlier today. Noticed that the interior camera rotate option still doesn’t rotate the camera image and instead mirrors it horizontally meaning the driver is shown on the incorrect side of the car. Using the interior camera mirror option didn’t seem to do anything.

Here's a link to the latest A139 FW I have, which resolves the corrupt file issue when using "auto-detect parking mode". It also causes the buttons on the cam to not function during parking mode with the HWK- I don't know if that was intentional but it's not a big issue for me. This is version V1.0_1228 LINK HERE

Phil
I'm wondering whether the non-functional buttons in parking mode were intentional... I remember somebody mentioned this issue before but wasn't able to find the original post.

I just noticed, since yesterday or so, that my buttons don't work during normal mode. (probably after some time passes, not sure about parking) :LOL: HK3kit is installed and working. Thankfully it's not complete freeze because camera was recording, according to my investigation, but the inability to flag an event is kinda annoying. (i have bluetooth button as well but not installed yet into the car so haven't tried)

Last edited:
I plan to get the HW kit and the external microphone.
But my bank have chosen to close its branches until April 5, so not able to order yet.

When i move my DR system to the side i am going to need parking guard on the front and rear cameras, not going to use parking guard on the DR when it become side system.

@Nath I remember seeing that post too. I haven't tried the file lock button in driving mode lately, but my wifi and power buttons always work then. I will check that on my next drive ;)

I presume the non-functioning buttons in parking mode was by intent to prevent someone from turning off the cam then as part of the 'locking power cable and SD card' option. Wouldn't make sense to have 2 different FW's to accommodate that when one would do. Anyone authorized to operate the cam buttons should also be able to start the car to use the buttons.

Phil

@SawMaster Well, i was investigating it more today and it looks like in normal mode it's random (first i tought it self-locks after some period of time but that's not the case), so if it was intentional in parking mode, then sometimes it "bugs through" the switching modes to normal mode as well.

Definitely a nonsense to not have the option to choose whether it should lock buttons or not.

EDIT: @viofo And i wonder when we get any official firmware update for this new product..? :unsure:

well CNY just threw a spanner in the works too, as this 2 week holiday do every year.

Yeah, i'm aware of that.
I'm wondering whether the non-functional buttons in parking mode were intentional... I remember somebody mentioned this issue before but wasn't able to find the original post.

I just noticed, since yesterday or so, that my buttons don't work during normal mode. (probably after some time passes, not sure about parking) :LOL: HK3kit is installed and working. Thankfully it's not complete freeze because camera was recording, according to my investigation, but the inability to flag an event is kinda annoying. (i have bluetooth button as well but not installed yet into the car so haven't tried)
So despite the camera's buttons are locked in normal mode, bluetooth remote works. At least one way how to save events...

Too bad i don't have a second HWK to test my another A139 unit.

@SawMaster So, how is the newer version going for you? :p

@viofo Any chance to get implemented the Wifi auto-turn on as you did for A129Plus? And StationMode would be really nice as well. :happy:

Reactions: Mtz
As soon as my aching muscles stop screaming at me I will check again :cry: On v1.0_0315 now (beta).

I did find this morning that the pre-buffering does work properly via motion detect set to 'medium'. Didn't check start-up delay (forgot) but will when I go out shortly. M/D "high' setting is very sensitive and once filled a card on a stormy night :rolleyes: Haven't tried low thoroughly since 'medium' works so nicely. Will also check button function while parked to see if there's any changes.

Phil

Will do what I can, fell quite ill last night with flu-like symptoms :eek: And of course my Covid shot is scheduled for this morning :oops: Might be something I ate, hope so.

Feel like I just went 9 rounds with George Foreman :cry:

Phil

I noticed this on mine this evening, I pressed the event button and nothing happened at all. I had been driving for approx 20 minutes at this point, when i got home i tried pressing the wifi button and this didnt respond. A long press on the power button and this did shut down the camera, i havent tried any other buttons. This was with the 1228 FW, i havent noticed this before with the 12V socket power lead but i also very rarely press the buttons. It cant be correct to do it during normal operation though. I wonder if @viofo can shed any light on this.

Feeling better, but am going to get a Covid test today to be sure. I'll also check on the loss of button function during normal recording today with the 0315 beta FW.

Phil

Feeling better, but am going to get a Covid test today to be sure. I'll also check on the loss of button function during normal recording today with the 0315 beta FW.

Phil
Hope it will be negative results.

Get lots of liquid intake. Get well soon.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I noticed this on mine this evening, I pressed the event button and nothing happened at all. I had been driving for approx 20 minutes at this point, when i got home i tried pressing the wifi button and this didnt respond. A long press on the power button and this did shut down the camera, i havent tried any other buttons. This was with the 1228 FW, i havent noticed this before with the 12V socket power lead but i also very rarely press the buttons. It cant be correct to do it during normal operation though. I wonder if @viofo can shed any light on this.
Interesting about the power button - then it's not even usable as a lock for someone else's hands...:rolleyes: Yeah, once it bugs into normal mode, it's there until next mode switch or reboot of a dashcam.

Actually could be just a coincidence but subjectively i think it's happening more and more often to my front unit. And therefore it's more and more annoying and @viofo isn't helping by the silence. Sure at least we have you @SawMaster , a light in the darkness, so there is a hope for the update soon but not being registered here, just a mere customer, i would be genuinely pissed. (even though 1228 is only a beta firmware, thus not for normal customer).

Last edited:
Did another test this morning. The camera was turned off at the power overnight, powered up on unlocking and i drove 30 minutes, tested the event button and it worked ok. Parked the car and left it to go into park mode (low bitrate with a 1 hour timer although car was left for 6 hours) drove car 10 mins, parked for 30 mins, drove 30 mins then tested the button and it was inop again.
I wonder if it is a time thing but being left in parking mode (even after the timer shuts it down) continues the time whereas a power down with the switch stops it and the issue doesnt occur until it has been powered for a long period again.

An incomplete 0315FW update:
*Boot delay does work; tested it by unplugging cam and it did take about 10 seconds longer for the cam to start.
*Buttons are still inoperative in parking mode. As I explained before this is probably intentional and all functions work in regular recording mode so nothing lost.
*Still no timer on Android app.
*I forgot to check the buttons while I was out on my drive- I got a phone call to "be here right away" to get my Covid jab and I simply forgot in the rush. Will check tomorrow as I have business to tend to in the morning and a drive of about 18 minutes or so. Maybe that will be enough

Though Viofo isn't the fastest, we should look around before criticizing as there are only 2 companies who respond here faster and many are far slower ior don't come here at all. He does read these forums when he's here- I know this from comments he's made to me in PM's regards what others have posted here. He is not the fastest with updates but he does try hard, and these are again better and faster than many other dashcam companies. And consider the good things about his cams- you won't find his level of image quality at an equal or lesser price from anyone else. So please have some patience and also consider that there are several other folks who are far more knowledgeable than me testing cams for him too- I'm just the one who talks too much :rolleyes:

And also take a moment to thank the Dealers and Members who respond here regularly in support of their companies- that's not their job but they do it anyway and Thinkwarwe, Garmin, Blackvue and several others should be ashamed that they're not doing what Viofo, Street Guardian, and Blueskysea do for us with a direct-to-the-company presence. Yeah we can be pesky sometimes but when you help us we don't forget and it's that kind of support which keeps us buying their products (y)

Phil

An incomplete 0315FW update:
*Boot delay does work; tested it by unplugging cam and it did take about 10 seconds longer for the cam to start.
*Buttons are still inoperative in parking mode. As I explained before this is probably intentional and all functions work in regular recording mode so nothing lost.
*Still no timer on Android app.
*I forgot to check the buttons while I was out on my drive- I got a phone call to "be here right away" to get my Covid jab and I simply forgot in the rush. Will check tomorrow as I have business to tend to in the morning and a drive of about 18 minutes or so. Maybe that will be enough

Though Viofo isn't the fastest, we should look around before criticizing as there are only 2 companies who respond here faster and many are far slower ior don't come here at all. He does read these forums when he's here- I know this from comments he's made to me in PM's regards what others have posted here. He is not the fastest with updates but he does try hard, and these are again better and faster than many other dashcam companies. And consider the good things about his cams- you won't find his level of image quality at an equal or lesser price from anyone else. So please have some patience and also consider that there are several other folks who are far more knowledgeable than me testing cams for him too- I'm just the one who talks too much :rolleyes:

And also take a moment to thank the Dealers and Members who respond here regularly in support of their companies- that's not their job but they do it anyway and Thinkwarwe, Garmin, Blackvue and several others should be ashamed that they're not doing what Viofo, Street Guardian, and Blueskysea do for us with a direct-to-the-company presence. Yeah we can be pesky sometimes but when you help us we don't forget and it's that kind of support which keeps us buying their products (y)

Phil
I agree, I think it shows a lot about a supplier and their intentions that they will supply test units to reviewers on this forum and actively seek their honest reviews and feedback to better improve them.

Back