Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
A129 Pro / A129 Duo / A119 V3 / A119S / G1W-S / WR1/
The new A139 FW, released on 26th.

Change log:

1. Added voice notification for external MIC inserted or removed.
2. Fixed the GPS coordinates not showing issue.
3. Hold REC 5 seconds longer to format the card while not in recording.
4. Other bug fix and IQ update(minor change)

Hi, I just installed this firmware, I've bumped the bitrate to high but won't be able to test for a few days.

I did notice I couldn't get the Rear Camera Mirror to work correctly, once I tried it on it's own and it wouldn't work and I couldn't get it to work using the rotate at the same time either.
Did anyone find this? I don't think it's working quite 100%

I wanted to put on camera earlier, but forgot mem card with firmware + mem card for other camera on computer table.
So instead getting home i took A139 with me and is about to put this FW on it here at the computer table.

Here a video with new firmware update v1.0_1126. The GPS coordinate issue has been fixed and emergency notification beeps 3 times with voice instead of 1
Bitrate High ; WDR OFF ; EV 0.0

When I was driving suddenly stop recording and beeps for 20 seconds then start recording with video protected notification and the videos goes to RO folder. happened 3 times in about 2 hours driving. using SanDisk 256GB High Endurance

When I was driving suddenly stop recording and beeps for 20 seconds then start recording with video protected notification and the videos goes to RO folder. happened 3 times in about 2 hours driving. using SanDisk 256GB High Endurance
What settings do you have for the "G-sensor"? There are separate settings for g-sensor when parked. Could this be activation of the g-sensor?

Phil

So did it not record at all while it was beeping?

What settings do you have for the "G-sensor"? Could this be activation of the g-sensor?
Actually I keep the G-sensor medium as default, and I don't think it is because of it, it happened when I was stuck in traffic.

So did it not record at all while it was beeping?
The footage is missing while it was beeping and also the REC LED indicator was flashing.

Mine made a G-sensor trigger today on #1 drive, connecting phone i saw it was on high, so i changed it to low,,,,,,, i would prefer a Off option as i would never have G - sensor on while driving.
I dont feel there is a need, a big crash and car should be turned off ASAP, and anything small and i have the event button.

Hi, I just installed this firmware, I've bumped the bitrate to high but won't be able to test for a few days.

I did notice I couldn't get the Rear Camera Mirror to work correctly, once I tried it on it's own and it wouldn't work and I couldn't get it to work using the rotate at the same time either.
Did anyone find this? I don't think it's working quite 100%
I tested the rear camera rotate option after loading the firmware on to check if it was still a mirror/flip rather than rotate which it is for mine.
My iphone app only gives a rotate option for all 3 cameras.

Wow the firmware is now talkative! Even when WiFi is being engaged by phone, it will announce.

Also I notice there's auto-event parking mode. Will it do buffered motion detection properly this time?

Even when WiFi is being engaged by phone, it will announce.
That is a very useful message, if you try and connect the app before the message then you end up in the phone network setup, if you wait for the message then the app just connects.

Apart from the startup, it doesn't normally say anything unless you start pressing buttons, then it lets you know that you have pressed the correct button, and if you have turned something on or off, again useful.

That is a very useful message, if you try and connect the app before the message then you end up in the phone network setup, if you wait for the message then the app just connects.

Apart from the startup, it doesn't normally say anything unless you start pressing buttons, then it lets you know that you have pressed the correct button, and if you have turned something on or off, again useful.
Agreed, with the Wi-fi I turn it on then it announces when my phone has connected and I just open the app.
Beep patterns take a bit more getting familiar with don't they although obviously universal when it comes to language.

Yeah, notifications are very good, I find they are the correct amount (eg. not too chatty)

I haven't had any issues with the new firmware yet (y)

No things also appear to run smoothly here, i am about to go on a little drive and after it i will retrieve a few memory cards from the car and look at footage.

The new A139 FW, released on 26th.

Change log:

1. Added voice notification for external MIC inserted or removed.
2. Fixed the GPS coordinates not showing issue.
3. Hold REC 5 seconds longer to format the card while not in recording.
4. Other bug fix and IQ update(minor change)

Any chance of more A139 Samples becoming available for future testers? Or no plans to acquire more samples?

I had mine testing parking mode today, I have the parking mode g-sensor set to high and using low-bitrate, but me closing and opening the door wasn't enough to lock the video.

I seem to remember this was an issue with the A129 Duo? I may double check my settings.

you could try and tap the camera housing to see if that harder knock make a difference.

My DR system are sort of draped over the "transmission tunnel" in my car hanging in the pigtail of wires, so even on high G sensor it did not trigger, not even "slamming" the door, or kicking or tilting car, but a gentle flick on the main unit did trigger a event.
Mut that is also a rudimentary "install" where as the A139 are solidly mounted to a equeally solif windscreen, so it should sense little things, the B1W camera i tested did register me kicking the rear wheel, and still only trigger while driving when i was forcing it.

Just recently updated the firmware and nice to have voice mentioning it starts recording; similar to a Thinkware that I currently have in my vehicle.

I am wondering if my Sandisk Extreme 128gb microSD card is not compatible or something as the Viofo A139 stopped recording (heard the chirping sound) for about a minute and then started recording again. I previously had a Samsung Evo 128gb microSD card in it prior to the firmware update and didn't have any issues.

I am running a Sandisk Extreme 256GB U3 A2 Card and haven't had issues yet. After upgrading the firmware I reset all settings and formatted the card in the dashcam.

Have you tried testing the card using the various tools dicussed on these forums? (eg. h2testw)

Back