A139 freezing and other issues

100% not. Cables connected to + was red & yellow. And files was in app root folder, not in Parking folder (and names was without P).
Is the light you’re turning on in your car or garage? Sounds odd behaviour, is the SD card ok?

Is the light you’re turning on in your car or garage? Sounds odd behaviour, is the SD card ok?
Light in garage. SD card is Ok.
It looks like motion detection in drive mode. I sat in the car for a few minutes and the effect was not there. I suppose the inward-facing camera could see even finger movements across the smartphone screen. Today I had to go back to staying with my family but some day after work I will investigate this and write here.

Yesterday I repeated the above experiment, this time with the light on in the garage and additionally put a fan so that something was moving in front of the camera eye. All recordings from these 5 hours are complete. At the end, I turned off the fan for 5 minutes so that there was no movement, and then I also turned off the light. I haven't noticed the effect of the camera turning off and turning on when motion or light is detected. It is possible that these 5+5 minutes are too short, so in my free time I will repeat it again - longer. So far, I suppose that the previous time I shorted the wires too weakly (yellow and red to plus) and somehow the modes were mixed up - driving with parking (??? I don't know if it's possible).

For whatever it's worth, I'm having the same issue described in this thread. Sometimes my A139 Pro 1-channel will not come out of parked mode. I have to pull the USB-C cable twice to get the unit to properly restart. Then it works fine for usually a day or so before it happens again. I assume that the issue is with parking mode as the thing that usually tips me off is that I don't hear the startup voice telling me that recording has started. I'm using the VIOFO SD card and the HK3-C hardwired kit. Temperatures are 40-70F (4-21C). Should be no issues whatsoever. Most of the issues seem to happen overnight when the cam is not even in sunlight.

I'm not looking for help on the forum since the "help" in this thread hasn't solved any of my problems. I just wanted to add voice to the fact that it's an issue. I'm using the latest firmware.

Check your HK3-C connections and wires, including GND. From what you are describing is like the camera is not receiving the proper ACC signal to move out from Parking Mode.
The Viofo dashcam is always using the BAT for camera to record, no matter if is in driving mode or parking mode. The ACC wire is used only to tell to the camera to enter in Parking Mode or not.
If you are sure the HK3-C is properly installed then is possible the HK3-C to not work properly.
I don't see how it can be a dashcam fault, it must be a powering problem.

Check your HK3-C connections and wires, including GND. From what you are describing is like the camera is not receiving the proper ACC signal to move out from Parking Mode.
The Viofo dashcam is always using the BAT for camera to record, no matter if is in driving mode or parking mode. The ACC wire is used only to tell to the camera to enter in Parking Mode or not.
If you are sure the HK3-C is properly installed then is possible the HK3-C to not work properly.
I don't see how it can be a dashcam fault, it must be a powering problem.
The camera is receiving the signal properly as it does go into Parking Mode just fine. No issue with that at all. The issue is that occasionally it either doesn't come out of parking mode or is frozen. I can't really tell which is the case.

The camera is receiving the signal properly as it does go into Parking Mode just fine. No issue with that at all. The issue is that occasionally it either doesn't come out of parking mode or is frozen. I can't really tell which is the case.
The same issue here. It's definitely related at least to firmware.

I find A139 unstable. One day it works fine, the next day it restarts several times while driving for no apparent reason. I have to have my smartphone connected to Wi-Fi at all time to know if the dashcam is working because I already had a situations where it turning off by itself and even one time before my (new) car was hit in the parking lot and the A139 didn't work at this time.
I'm tired of connecting via Wi-Fi to see if it works. I had previously learned the painfull lesson not to buy Chinese and I made the mistake again. Seeing "made in China" on the box, I should have sent it back, but I didn't do it, thinking that good appearance implies a good quality.

I find A139 unstable. One day it works fine, the next day it restarts several times while driving for no apparent reason.
My A139 has been reliabe for 2 years without any issues.
You might want to check your SD card or power supply if you have problems.
The SD card can cause issues if its too slow or not recommended.

Reactions: Mtz
I find A139 unstable. One day it works fine, the next day it restarts several times while driving for no apparent reason. I have to have my smartphone connected to Wi-Fi at all time to know if the dashcam is working because I already had a situations where it turning off by itself and even one time before my (new) car was hit in the parking lot and the A139 didn't work at this time.
I'm tired of connecting via Wi-Fi to see if it works. I had previously learned the painfull lesson not to buy Chinese and I made the mistake again. Seeing "made in China" on the box, I should have sent it back, but I didn't do it, thinking that good appearance implies a good quality.

Agreed. We have three (3) 3-cam setups in 3 different vehicles with 3 different memory cards running on Viofo's hardwire kit. Initially, they all worked fine. Then they started to have random freezes, wifi problems, etc. One of them still mostly works. Two of them are no longer discoverable on wifi, so we can't adjust settings. One of them can't even be powered off via the buttons on the unit - and that's actually the replacement unit Viofo sent us. We have tried new memory cards, swapping to the 12v socket adapter, unplugging all but the main cam, old firmware, new firmware, etc. These things are just straight up garbage and I would never buy another.

Back