A139 help - strange issue

Cali

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I just decided to upgrade my camera a few months ago and everything has been going phenomenally. Like everything about the a139.

However, within the last few days I noticed that everytime I hit a bump or dip the camera stops recording and does the beeping sound.

When it starts recording again only 1 channel begins to record. I thought it maybe a loose connection on the additional cams so I removed one and the other switching each one connected and the same issue was occurring. The connection was seated very well and pulling it out took a bit of force.

Not really sure what gives but it’s really disappointing, sometimes it will return to recording as normal or I must press the record button.

As you can imagine this is occurring about a dozen times per drive even at short distances.

I do live in LA and it is hot, but my car is never parked in the sun. I have a covered parking garage and it’s well ventilated. Always feels cool even in 90’s

Any thoughts of what to do to fix the situation? Appreciate your feedback.

Have not tried fully resetting the camera but don’t think that’s an issue.

Multi channel cameras the wire to the rear camera can cause some problems, i would try to disconnect one or more remote cameras and just run a day or so with the front camera to see if that is better ( finding the error )
If the error persist with just the front camera then it is not one of the remote cameras causing problems,,,,, though i do think this is most common with the models using a USB wire VS the thin coaxial one in the A139.

Parking in the sun should be fine, if anything it mainly make focus shift, but that is not much of a issue these days with most using quality lenses...... still it do happen but rare now VS a decade ago.

You can also try to load a newer firmware, or the same one as is on the system, i once had a camera ( other brand ) that acted up in a way i dont recall now, but flashing the firmware with the same one as on the camera fixed the problem.

Testing the new A229 i have just had my brand new Samsunt evo plus card in it " die" it seem somehow the write speed of the 256GB card dropped, i have restored it with SD formatter tool from SDorg, and now speed are better, the camera however are chugging along with another memory card.
So you can try that or just another memory card you might have lying a round, when i tested the A139 i found it wasent that fussy about what memory cards that worked in it.

You could also try to format the card in the dashcam, though i do think this is a lower level format really just clearing the file allocation table,,,, but its fast / worth a try.

Hey everyone, I just decided to upgrade my camera a few months ago and everything has been going phenomenally. Like everything about the a139.

However, within the last few days I noticed that everytime I hit a bump or dip the camera stops recording and does the beeping sound.

When it starts recording again only 1 channel begins to record. I thought it maybe a loose connection on the additional cams so I removed one and the other switching each one connected and the same issue was occurring. The connection was seated very well and pulling it out took a bit of force.

Not really sure what gives but it’s really disappointing, sometimes it will return to recording as normal or I must press the record button.

As you can imagine this is occurring about a dozen times per drive even at short distances.

I do live in LA and it is hot, but my car is never parked in the sun. I have a covered parking garage and it’s well ventilated. Always feels cool even in 90’s

Any thoughts of what to do to fix the situation? Appreciate your feedback.

Have not tried fully resetting the camera but don’t think that’s an issue.
You can try to format the card first, and also check the cable connections, please check if this will happen if you unplug the rear and interior cam.

You can try to format the card first, and also check the cable connections, please check if this will happen if you unplug the rear and interior cam.
I will try that, as mentioned I tried by disconnecting each of the interior cameras. So instead of running 3 I was running the front and rear or the front and interior and it was still occurring.

I will disconnect everything and see if it occurs, I assume what I did above proves it’s not a loose connection

What memory card?

Have you tried to reformat it in the camera to see if it helps?

When it starts recording again only 1 channel begins to record. I thought it maybe a loose connection on the additional cams

I think you are on the right track with a loose connection. Consider the power connections.
Disconnect and reconnect the power connector on the dash cam and the cig lighter if you are using one.

Go for a spin to test it.

I chose some Samsung card that’s made for 4K recording with third party testing to confirm speeds. This is 2k so should not be a factor.

I guess it is the connection or got no clue. I disconnected both the additional cameras and it wasn’t doing it. Now I connected it back and it does it much less so it’s clearly the connection. Not sure why as it is seated very flush and proper.

Does the cable go bad?

I chose some Samsung card that’s made for 4K recording with third party testing to confirm speeds. This is 2k so should not be a factor.

I guess it is the connection or got no clue. I disconnected both the additional cameras and it wasn’t doing it. Now I connected it back and it does it much less so it’s clearly the connection. Not sure why as it is seated very flush and proper.

Does the cable go bad?
Did you try the power cable?

While a bad cable connection sounds like the most logical cause, don't discount a memory card issue. Poor power and a slow/failing memory card can also cause channels to drop out.

What model Samsung do you have? They are not all suitable for dash camera use. Have you retested the cards speed since having this issue? Have you tried reformatting the card?

How are you powering the camera?

Back