A139 low FPS playing video on a Mac Mini-SOLVED

NH2021

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought I saw another thread addressing this no resolve, but now I can't find it.

Has anyone seen this issue, or know of a fix for it?

Just bought and set up an A139 2 channel. FW1.2. Cigarette lighter power cord.

I reset settings to default and tried 3 different memory cards. Formatted each card, then ran for one video file.
I changed WiFi to 5GHz, but issue was occurring before that.
I guess it looks like time lapse, but it is turned off, and I'm getting audio. Parking mode is also turned off.

When I look at live feed over iPhone, it looks like real time video.
If I look at the video files on the camera through the iPhone, they look like real time video.

When looking at the video on the card, I get 1 to 2 frames per second on the video and the audio sounds like normal.
I copied the files to two different computers.
I viewed the video on a Mac Mini through Quicktime, and VLC. 1 to 2 frames per second.
I also viewed on a Dell laptop with 4K display, all 1 to 2 frames per second.

The first card is Blackvue 32 GB. M32bI(or little 'L', or '1')2 It has a U with a '1' in it.
The second card is SanDisk Ultra Plus 32 GB.It has a C with a 10 inside of it.
The third card is SanDisk ImageMate PRO 128GB. It has a U with a 3 inside if it.

I realize I may be using the wrong type of sd card, but then, why would viewing the recordings on the camera through iPhone look like real time video, but not when files are copied to computer?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3030.jpeg
    IMG_3030.jpeg
    549.8 KB · Views: 4
If you mean the thread I think, then if I recall correctly, there was no issue on the dashcam/SDcard side, it was the SW/HW used for playing the videos. Can't find it either, I remember the user was from UK, used MacOS as well and even videos uploaded to Youtube were with the stutter (which was particularly odd) .

You can try to upload raw file for us to see.

with formatted memory card, i assume you mean in dashcam formatted the card.

If you mean the thread I think, then if I recall correctly, there was no issue on the dashcam/SDcard side, it was the SW/HW used for playing the videos. Can't find it either, I remember the user was from UK, used MacOS as well and even videos uploaded to Youtube were with the stutter (which was particularly odd) .

You can try to upload raw file for us to see.
I tried uploading mp4, failed, then compressed to zipfile on mac. Upload complained file too big.
File is 34-35MB

I tried uploading mp4, failed, then compressed to zipfile on mac. Upload complained file too big.
File is 34-35MB
34-35MB doesn't sound like a raw file...

Upload it somewhere else (googledrive, wetransfer, dropbox, zippyshare, etc.) this forum would be massive if everybody tries to upload own footage here. :ROFLMAO:

that should be fine then. the camera will also ask to do if if the memory card file system are not in the ballpark.
I think it might be a playback issue still, maybe a lacking codec.

Copy files to the computer / mac ( the camera itself make up for a horrible slow card reader )
I can play directly from my card reader on my PC, but it is also a USB 3.0 reader on a same port, so i can play 4K/60 footage from my action camera directly from the memory card, as i get at least the max speed of the cards which is up around 100 MB/ sec
But cameras and also the provided USB card readers are horribly slow, so they will probably struggle to play from the memory card.

@kamkar Good point about the reader! Since I bough my reader for USB3.0 too, I still forget that there are still things like slow readers. :D

34-35 MB sound really small even if it is a 1 minute file segments, something around 100 MB for 1minute sound more reasonable ( best bitrate / image quality )
yeah you cant uplad files to most internet fora that would get expensive for the owner to run it then.

34-35MB doesn't sound like a raw file...

Upload it somewhere else (googledrive, wetransfer, dropbox, zippyshare, etc.) this forum would be massive if everybody tries to upload own footage here. :ROFLMAO:

2560x1440 H.264 at 60fps I believe. Single camera for this file.

I started recording, recorded a few seconds, then powered the camera off.

I'm seeing the same issue with full files, plus with rear camera 1080 30 fps videos when the rear camera is plugged in.

And what about the webpage preview? Does it stutter for you as well?

I can confirm the specs of the video and the movement in the video is buttery smooth (even the preview). Played via VLC 3.0.12, Windows system.

And what about the webpage preview? Does it stutter for you as well?

I can confirm the specs of the video and the movement in the video is buttery smooth (even the preview). Played via VLC 3.0.12, Windows system.
I just took a look at the file on the share. Looks great, but my browser shows as 1080 p, not 1440.
Is this an indication that the computers I'm trying to view on can't view the file as it comes from the camera?

When watching the file on the camera through phone, the video looked like real time video.

play just fine here, and properties is also 1440p / 60 FPS
I am using potplayer as my default player ( it come with a few codecs too as i recall )

play just fine here, and properties is also 1440p / 60 FPS
I am using potplayer as my default player ( it come with a few codecs too as i recall )
So, this sounds like an issue on the computer trying to play it back.

yes i do think it is a issue with the player used, or maybe the codecs that are needed to support different audio / video formats.
It is also a issue we often see the dear Apple people run into, you will also often see a IOS update to the phones will cause havoc with the APP / camera interaction, that dont seem so bad for the android people, though in my opinion it is not much better.

Another camera i have i was able to use my old android 4 tablet just fine connection to the camera.
Then again i have a camera ATM, where wifi worked just fine in the start, but now it is virtually impossible for me to connect to the camera, no matter what devise i use ( have 3 android devises ) but in all fairness i am the only one with that problem, and both me and the maker are amazed and clueless to why it behave like that, we have tried every trick in the book to get it to work ( though to be honest i have not tried a apple product as i dont know any with one of those )

Ok, went back to laptop with QHD display.
The video I posted today with the hand now plays back at 1440 60FPS. (GOOD)

I went to check some old driving video.
I can play back the rear camera at 1080 30FPS. (GOOD)
The front camera video still plays at 2FPS. In Windows, going to Properties, then Detail on front video shows 1440 at 2FPS. (BAD)
So, that problem looks like is the recording.

I will have to check into why that happened and see if I can record normal front and rear video.

I think my original problem of general video playback issue is solved. Thanks guys for pointing to the playback device.

I believe the issue is now solved for playing on a Mac. The codec for the files with the issue was H.264. The codec for the new file that I can play back is HVEC.

I do the following only once to change the codec. When that camera is started and states that it is recording, I hold the mic button down for a few seconds. The camera then restates that it is recording.

After about 20 seconds of recording I powered down the camera and put the SD card in the Mac.
I was able to open the file and play it in Quicktime as real time video.

I can also now load the file into Davinci Resolve. Playback in Resolve is laggy, but I can export the video and play it normally.

I'm not sure how to verify which format is being used when the camera is running. Hopefully it stays set this way until a camera reset.

Back