A139 parking guard thread ( comments - flaws - requests post here )

I'm at a stand still on my tests right now, since the weather cooled down.

Viofo wanted me to turn off loop record, and see if the camera still corrupted the last files being written, upon overheating and shutting down.

They also plan to try a firmware update, too.

Unfortunately, Mother Nature isn't cooperating now for me to run these tests.

My A139 get weirder by the day, so the 12 hours i attempted on Monday but only got 5 hours, well yesterday wanting to change settings back to 1 hour,,,,,, the setting for parking guard timer in the APP read 3 hours ??????????? :unsure:

Weather here are mainly sub 20 deg C daytime and night are only half of that.
I would like for the weather down southeast to get up there in the frigid north

My A139 get weirder by the day, so the 12 hours i attempted on Monday but only got 5 hours, well yesterday wanting to change settings back to 1 hour,,,,,, the setting for parking guard timer in the APP read 3 hours ??????????? :unsure:

Weather here are mainly sub 20 deg C daytime and night are only half of that.
I would like for the weather down southeast to get up there in the frigid north

I'm wondering with all your consistent results if its your battery triggering the camera's hardwire kit (voltage) to shut off. As don't you run multiple dash cameras at once?

no i only run parking guard on 1 camera at the time, but i do have 2 cameras on the same 2 fuses in my fuse box, but only for regular driving are they on at the same time.

I did a test on my test A139, I set parking mode to 24 hours, low bitrate 3 ch. Put the trickle charger on the car to prevent HWK voltage cut off and stop the car detecting high current and shutting the circuits off. The unit did 21 hours of recording before I stopped it to use the car, all files present and are the correct sizes.

... But I would be glad even for a bit higher sensitivity for my A139 - at this moment I can jump all over my car without any notice. Only my second front unit mounted on boot door flags events when I closing it... ...
It's a bit late for that but I forgot to post this footage somehow. Here is the sensitivity set to high, while parked and I think that's enough movement to flag an event. Somebody could claim the movement is not abrupt enough but keep in mind, it's 2.45t car and in most cases "hit & run" accidents in parking lots are more about bumps.

Shouldn't matter 15A or 20A. With CanBus there's always a chance fuses are linked to systems not described in the diagram. I had an issue where my alarm was tied to my 12V socket. And turning off the camera started the camera after it was turned off. LOL. Had to swap fuses.

Try those fuses recommended. If any give issue, let me know we can pick others.

DRV 30 AMP power seat is a good Battery Fuse (RED). Power Outlet would be a good ACC Fuse (Accessory) - Yellow.
Hello after a long time.
I have this problem. Parking is recorded, then the camera turns off. But when I come to my car and start it after a long time, the camera doesn't turn on by itself and I have to manually turn it on with the button. Is this normal or should it automatically turn itself on?

Is there a current (ma) consumption table for the a139 for each of its possible permutations and combinations in parking mode?
1,2 or 3 cameras. Low bit rate recording, event recording at different frame rates etc?

Is there a current (ma) consumption table for the a139 for each of its possible permutations and combinations in parking mode?
1,2 or 3 cameras. Low bit rate recording, event recording at different frame rates etc?

There is not an official table as far as I am aware, but a while back some of us tested the power consumption and reported the results.

I seem to remember all 3 channels with wifi was about 7W. If I find the posts I will link to them

Hello after a long time.
I have this problem. Parking is recorded, then the camera turns off. But when I come to my car and start it after a long time, the camera doesn't turn on by itself and I have to manually turn it on with the button. Is this normal or should it automatically turn itself on?

1. What is the voltage cutoff set to? Set to 12.4. See if that resolves.
2. Make sure the camera is set to low bitrate parking mode in settings.
3. Make sure the ground wire is properly connected.

If #1-3 don't work, we may need to select another fuse. I ran into a similar issue where I tapped into the 12V socket and whenever I locked my car, it caused camera to boot up. Manual not listing the Alarm was tied to the 12V console socket.

That's issue with Canbus, crap tied together. So it might just be we need to play with fuse selection a bit.

Back