A139 parking mode

There is an incompatibility between the cable used by you for powering your camera and camera firmware.
The camera firmware expects some pinout from the cable. To make them matching there are two solutions:
- a special USB-C cable like the HK3-C or cigarette lighter charger cable. The manufacturer expects one of these two cables to be used for powering the camera, but not other cables. I consider it is not their fault.
- firmware modification to accept any USB-C pinout.

Last edited:
The camera thought the mobile phone charger cable is the same as ACC hardwire kit but having ACC signal always. So the camera will not switch recording mode.

I did suspect this, when I powered mine using a powerbank it would not switch into parking mode - Now I am using the cig lighter plug running off my cellink and it always goes into parking mode (y)

Solved! Seems that the power cable was the problem. I received another usb power cable from Viofo and everything its ok now.

Just buy a A139 dashcam on 2 ch and I dont get it how Parking mode works. Mention that I try to use camera without HK3 hardware kit, the camera is connected to a usb powerbank when parked (30.000mA powerbank). I attached the settings bellow and mention that with these settings the camera records all the time, it seems not be able to enter in parking mode. From Customer support I know that the camera should be enter in parking mode in 5 minutes of 000km/h and without G sensor impact. What should I do? I want that camera start record in auto event detect/motion detection not recording all the time. Any ideas? Thanks!

The HK3 parking kit is NOT meant for the A139. It has it's own parking kit.

The correct name is HK3-C.

Hey
i use A139 conected by original HK3-C. Parking mode set Auto-Detect and it goes to parking mode just after car power swith off. voice notification says: "parking mode started" but recording is on till voltage = 12V (voltage limit set on HK3-C)
any suggestion how to make parking mode correctly?

Hi AlexNHB.

What parking mode settings do you use ? motion detect / time lapse / low bitrate
The other brand camera i use ( parking mode = low bitrate regular recording ) it change to that when i park, and the only way to see the difference is in the size of the files, in that camera the regular files are around 350 MB each ( 3 minute segments ) but the parking mode ones are just 118 MB.

Hi kamkar
i use Auto Event Detection mode. But as i said it records parking files constantly in max bitrate until reaches 12v battery limits.
picture of menu`s setting and recorder state in parking mode are attached

Attachments

• DSC_0220.JPG
    DSC_0220.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20210322-084541.png
    Screenshot_20210322-084541.png
    279.5 KB · Views: 28
I think my test cam is an early production model so this may not apply. Motion detect with this cam is sensitive at the highest settings, and all 3 channels sense motion so if there's any movement when the cam switches modes it might not stop recording. Try that setting on medium or low. My g-sensor doesn't seem to work short of a crash but that too should be set lower to test.

A new FW update is in the pipeline which might also have an effect here, I can't say yet. But try the lower settings and let us know what happens.

Phil

I still have not been able to get my HW kit for the A139, i think i will just have to order it, and then find the money when it arrive, banks open or not.
I think my bank are still closed until April 5, but have not looked lately as it have begun to annoy me, knowing other banks in town are open.

Try that setting on medium or low
The same effect of non stop recordering. and i`m sure no motion around the car becouse it parked in privat area.
all my hopes to new FW update. by the way what version is actual? i use V1.0_1221

HK3-C + external microphone ordered, getting here on the slow train, which is just fine, give me time to rob a little old lady to get the funding in order. :)

Last edited:
The same effect of non stop recordering. and i`m sure no motion around the car becouse it parked in privat area.
all my hopes to new FW update. by the way what version is actual? i use V1.0_1221
The v1.0_1228 fw is linked to in this post 1228 FW I have that on mine, installed the hk3-c at the weekend so I switched it to motion detector earlier for a few hours and it only did 2 videos, one when a cat walked past in the back ground and one when I came back to the car. That was set to medium detection. Weirdly didn’t trigger when my wife drove in behind my car, did a 3 point turn and reverse parked besides it though.

HK3-C + external microphone ordered, getting here on the slow train, which is just fine, give me time to rob a little old lady to get the funding in order. :)
Don't forget the tyres!

This guy did the internal microphone test for us, you can do the external...

Well my little car do not have that kind of get up and go, his starter probably have more power than my engine.

Maybe in low bitrate parking mode i can record the sound of me changing to summer tires, that is coming up soon

Well my little car do not have that kind of get up and go, his starter probably have more power than my engine.
Yours might sound better, his seems to have too much sound absorbance for it to sound good inside, and not enough outside!

Absorbance is a unknown in my car, it is barely the plastic trim panels are real plastic. :)

@AlexNHB

The latest public FW is 1228 and it should make parking mode function properly, save for some people not getting pre-buffering. I've just been sent a beta FW which should solve that (and more) :) I will be testing today. If all works well it should see public release shortly.

Parking mode also has a 'timer' function with this cam, and it apparently does work however it is not showing up on the app; this bug is currently being worked on and it too should be resolved very soon.

Phil

Last edited:
Not sure what FW are on mine, better have a looksie on my imminent drive.

Back