A139 suggestions/improvements

D4v3

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I finally got my A139 installed a couple weeks ago when we had some nice weather and I didn't have to freeze my butt off to do it. For the most part I really like the camera but there are a couple things that I thing could be done a little better/differently.

My biggest annoyance is that there is no way to quickly enable/disable parking mode. I don't always want it on and when I'm at home I don't want it on at all as it drains the battery which then makes the engine start/stop system on my vehicle stop working for several days. If we could map a button press combination or a button hold that allows you to enable/disable parking mode that would be great. As it stands I have to remember to turn the camera off with that hold and hope you held it long enough power button or unplug it when I inevitably forger, not ideal.

Secondly it would be better if the buttons that have push and hold function did the thing they are supposed to do automatically. What I mean is, right now to turn the camera off you have to push and hold for some ammount of time and then you release and hope you held it long enough for it to power off. It would be much better if it just powered off on it's own when that timer is reached. Positive controls are always better than ambiguous controls. Also, I would personally prefer power to be single press and IR lights on/off to be press and hold, I can't iamgine ever needing to turn these on or off.

Last thing is a bit of a personal taste thing I suppose but why in the world did you guys choose that awful, scratchy start up sound? Out of all the possible start up sounds you guys went with terrible scratchy noise #1? My wife and I both hate it, it sounds really bad, always catches you off guard with it's ear piercing chime and frankly cheapens the whole experience. Please replace this with something that is a bit more pleasant.

One last thing might be more of a bug but when connected to the camera the data on our phone doesn't work. I allowed it to set up the VPN and everything but every app I try to open just gives me an error that "something went wrong". The whole WIfi experience could be better, honestly, viewing is laggy, takes a long time to switch camera,s often there are artifacts and glitches when viewing live.

But yes, please, parking mode button option and change that awful start up noise would make the camera much more enjoyable to use. It's the little things, after all.

Having experienced almost every type of dashcam failure already, I no longer care what it sounds or looks like at startup as long as it loudly and clearly lets me know that all is OK- or isn't :cool: In the A139 one of my favorite features is just that 'irritating' sound and the blinking lights which has notified me when my card failed in use- hard to miss that notification with this cam and it's a very good feature most cams lack. Just my opinion; YMMV.

Phil

Having experienced almost every type of dashcam failure already, I no longer care what it sounds or looks like at startup as long as it loudly and clearly lets me know that all is OK- or isn't :cool: In the A139 one of my favorite features is just that 'irritating' sound and the blinking lights which has notified me when my card failed in use- hard to miss that notification with this cam and it's a very good feature most cams lack. Just my opinion; YMMV.

Phil
Sure, a sound is important but there's no reason it can't sound good. The fact that there is a sound at all doesn't mean it shouldn't be a nice sound to listen to. It's either a really low quality sound or the speaker just can't reproduce it so it comes out as a screatchy mess. They could just as easily make it a nice sound that sounds good over the speaker in this cam.

Sure, a sound is important but there's no reason it can't sound good. The fact that there is a sound at all doesn't mean it shouldn't be a nice sound to listen to. It's either a really low quality sound or the speaker just can't reproduce it so it comes out as a screatchy mess. They could just as easily make it a nice sound that sounds good over the speaker in this cam.
Can you suggest an alternative startup sound? Provide a link, or provide a sound file that can be used...

It is not that easy to come up with a good one, but if you can then it might get used.

Can you suggest an alternative startup sound? Provide a link, or provide a sound file that can be used...

It is not that easy to come up with a good one, but if you can then it might get used.
Challenge accepted.

Back