A229 + Cellink Neo in 2022 BMW M340i

springerview

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!

I've ordered an A229 and a Cellink Neo battery pack. I'm gathering information for installing in my 2022 BMW M340i and have some initial questions:
  • I want to place the Cellink Neo in the trunk, connected to the fuse box or 12V outlet there. Will I need a longer power cable or extension to the A229?
  • Is there a way to turn parking mode on and off?
Please share links to any videos for installation in 2019-2023 BMW 3-series. Thanks!

• yes
  • turns automatically after 5 mins if no motion is detected

• yes
  • turns automatically after 5 mins if no motion is detected
  • Can you be more specific? I measured conservatively and need less than 9 feet. Even a 3.5-meter cable would give me 11.5 feet. Does anyone know how long the coax power cable for the A229 is?
  • I think you misunderstood my question. I'm asking if parking mode can be disabled completely and enabled when I want it on.
Happy Thanksgiving!

As i recall the wire for the rear camera in the A229 system are 5 M long, it handle both power to the rear camera and data back to the front main unit. ( as i recall a longer one are also available separate )
The actual power wire for the A229 system i dont think are so long, if you need to extend to make things reach do so on the 12 V side. ( you can use a wire in suitable thickness from your fuse box in the back and ending in a female 12 V socket if you dont get the hard wire kit, if you do that taping the two 12 V plugs together might be a idea as they could wiggle loose, depending on where you "stash" that " hump" on the route.

As i recall if parking guard are OFF, the camera will not go to parking guard mode, if it is set to on and still get power and there are no signal from a hard wire kit to change mode, it will do so never the less just on no activity registered by the G-sensor for a while.
This do mean that the hand over from regular drive to parking guard are not instant as it would / could be with the hard wire kit, or any of the selected delays ( which are nice to use CUZ if no delay you slamming door and leaving will create a event )

As i recall there are a couple of delays options for parking guard to engage, the longest 90 seconds,,,,, letting the G-sensor handle the switch might take a couple of minutes.

I am not familiar with any dashcam power pack, i assume they have their own build in low voltage protection too as the batteries in it can not handle to be discharged too deep, in regard to their charging i think they only charge if you are at a higher voltage ( IE the motor are running ) so even if the power pack are wired to a fuse that are always on, it should only charge when the motor are running and you have a surplus of power.

At least it is my understanding that dashcam power packs only have 2 wires on the input +12 V and GND so charging or not are done by the power pack sensing if the voltage are high 14. ?? volts with motor / generator running or 12 - 13 volts if its just the battery alone.

• Can you be more specific? I measured conservatively and need less than 9 feet. Even a 3.5-meter cable would give me 11.5 feet. Does anyone know how long the coax power cable for the A229 is?
  • I think you misunderstood my question. I'm asking if parking mode can be disabled completely and enabled when I want it on.
Happy Thanksgiving!
The coax cable is 6 meters long. The parking mode can be disabled completely.

You can on/off manually only via the screen or the app otherwise, if enabled, it will switch to the parking mode automatically - 5 mins of no motion or, if hardwired to the battery, when ignition is off (most of the dedicated batteries like Cellink or BlackVue pass the signal).

You are flogging this solution too hard. :) Go to BBMC and email them or call them and ask. If you ordered from BBMC then you should have selected
the power cable for the camera you have.

BBMC Cellink NEO

The cable you show in your post #10 is for wiring from the car fuse box to the dashcam. The center piece with the slide switch is for setting low voltage cutoff for the car main battery. This so when the dashcam is in parking mode you do not run the main car start battery down.

There are numerous videos on Youtube on how to wire in from the start battery or how to incorporate a power bank.
Easy for you to say. I purchased from Amazon but it does say "Visit the BlackboxMyCar Store". I've been searching for some good videos. This is the best one I've found, but it still leaves me with questions about exactly what I need and how to connect.

It looks like they are using the cigarette lighter for power to the camera. You can call BBMC and request a cable with the 4 pin connector (cellink side) to the USB-C, the camera side. You won't find the cable in Cables or Accessories, but I think they can make one for you and charge you for the cable. Had you ordered from BBMC, you would have been able to select the power pack to dashcam adapter at checkout. On the Amazon site, the only option is the CLA.

Since you are using the Cellink, you will not need the Type C HK4 wiring kit. You will go from the Cellink Input to the fuse box with one cable and set the switch to HIGH. Then you will run one cable from the Cellink Output to the Dashcam. Or, if not wanting to use the fuse box you can go from the cigarette lighter to the Cellink Input and set the switch to low or 5 amps.

If not too late, you can cancel the Amazon order and then place an order with BlackBoxMyCar. Usually only three day shipping to the U.S.
Thanks! Good info! These things are always confusing in the abstract. Once I get a look at everything it will all likely make more sense. I got the A229 from Amazon for $199.99. With the tax it's a little higher than BBMC's current sale, but I'll have it tomorrow. BBMC recommended this Power Output Cable w/ Spliced VIOFO USB-C Hardwire Kit, which I ordered. There is a 12V (cigarette lighter type) outlet in the trunk, but I understand that it would charge more slowly.

Back